Photo

Where have you first learn about Zelda Classic?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Where have you first learn about Zelda Classic?

Where have you first learn about Zelda Classic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

So let's ger back to when you were first new to ZC. Where did you hear about this?

#2 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:21 PM

I don't remember, but I think it was either Google or GameFAQs.com (the only forum I used to frequent before PureZC).

#3 SpykStorm

SpykStorm

Kamek!

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

When I first learned about ZC I was looking for "Zelda" downloads, so I typed in
Zelda Downloads
in the google search box then the first link that appeared said something like
The Official Home of Zelda Classic, Get latest ZC version hear!!!

And then I clicked on the "Donloads Page" at the ZC home page and downloaded ZC/ZQv2.10

#4 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:50 PM

A half-remembered ad that I thought about 3 months later.

#5 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:19 AM

I remember seeing that OoT remake that Dampe was doing way back when and hearing that he was using ZC... so I downloaded it! Later, I found out he was actually using RPG maker icon_sweat.gif so it was a little ironic.

#6 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:22 AM

I had gotten Zelda Classic for my Daughter's Gameboy and was looking for maps for here and during my search I ran across AGN and found it. It wasn't till a while longer that I discovered Pure. I was on the search for music and ran across it there.

Ah yes the good 'ole days.

#7 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:38 AM

The Screen Savers(known as Attack of the Show! today) is what me find ZC. In fact, today you'll find that a lot of the members that were there at the time wishing that such attention would return to the program.

As for the episode, I want to say that it aired around October 14, 2004, if you want to see it.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE(rocksfan13 @ Jun 13 2007, 02:22 PM) View Post

I had gotten Zelda Classic for my Daughter's Gameboy and was looking for maps for here and during my search I ran across AGN and found it. It wasn't till a while longer that I discovered Pure. I was on the search for music and ran across it there.

Ah yes the good 'ole days.

Zelda Classic for GameBoy? Did I overlook something...? icon_odd.gif

I once discovered an earlier version of ZC (earliear than 2.10) on the family computer. I made a standard LoZ quest and didn't know that it has ANY internet references. The program got deleted somehow, but when I knew that I will get a laptop, I made a search and found AGN. When I got my laptop, I downloaded it. Since AGN didn't allow direct uploads from a computer, I needed a place to host my quests. Somebody offered PureZC for the job. I thought it was just a free filespace provider! Then I learned about things going on and the rest is history...

#9 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:01 AM

As for me, it was on the June 2005 Issue of EGM. There was an ad about Zelda Classic.

#10 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:02 AM

My brother found it like three years ago, and he told me about it. I messed around with it for maybe a month or two and then quit for half a year. I found it in one of my folders and decided to mess with it more, and that is when I figured out how to place items in different locations. For two years I messed with it until I am at the point I am now, attempting to upload a demo(the demo is beating me icon_sweat.gif ).

#11 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

I was looking around at random Zelda stuff on Google, and I found Nick's website. I got to www.zeldaclassic.com from there

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

Before PureZC, I used to hang out on WikiPedia all the time, looking at pages for Zelda, Sonic, Mario, etc. Somehow, I got to a list of video game clones/fan games, and Zelda Classic was one of them. I read the short description and thought, "This is sweet! I gotta get this!" So I clicked the external link to ZeldaClassic.com, and found the list of downloads. At first, I didn't know what was going on, so I downloaded ZC 1.00. icon_redface.gif Then I picked up 2.10. When I discovered the different available tiles, tilesets, etc., I let one of my friends (loser16) know about it. He clicked on the external links, which took him to PureZC, which had many more and infinitely better tiles, tilesets, etc. He told me about it, and I went there. When I wanted to upload a quest, I joined, and uploaded. Unfortunately, those were my n00b days, and my quest was deleted. icon_redface.gif However, I also wanted to rate quests, and I didn't know how. I found out from Shoelace that you had to make ten posts...

The story ends there, because that's how I found out about Zelda Classic and PureZC. You don't want a PureZC life story from me. icon_razz.gif

#13 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jun 13 2007, 08:40 AM) View Post

Zelda Classic for GameBoy? Did I overlook something...? icon_odd.gif

Just before DS came out, Gameboy Advance started releasing Nintendo classic games playable on the system.

Zelda was one of them.

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:14 PM

In other words, the Nintendo Classic Series: The Legend of Zelda. icon_heh.gif

#15 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 13 2007, 01:19 AM) View Post

I remember seeing that OoT remake that Dampe was doing way back when and hearing that he was using ZC... so I downloaded it! Later, I found out he was actually using RPG maker icon_sweat.gif so it was a little ironic.

Ironic, I was going to do the same recently on RM2k3, but decided against it.

As for my encounter with ZC, I came across it while playing DFW's Meagman Torunament RPG (On RM2k3, if you're interested in trying it.), got one of the game discs for beating a tourney, and saw some screenies of her work. The shots sparked my interest, so I decided to try it in google, and viola! I found it and have been using it for quite some time now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users