Photo

Screenshot of the Week 176

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 176 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Sep 9 2007, 10:45 PM) View Post

Satellite: Standard BS Shot I guess icon_shrug.gif

That was the intention.
QUOTE(Pheonix @ Sep 9 2007, 09:08 PM) View Post

To The Satellite: Path on corner- bad! Empty corner- bad! If you have to remember one non-essential thing about Zelda Classic, remember that (along with remembering not to mix overworld and dungeon tiles in sets that you're not supposed to, which thankfully you didn't do...)

Dude, it's BS. I don't really care. It only matters to me when it's something of more detail, like, DoR.
QUOTE(CastChaos @ Sep 10 2007, 05:30 AM) View Post

The Satellite: I don't like BS and the mountains awkward at the top screen... The waterfall shows that they are on a higher level, but you used same level tiles...

Well, your tastes. I see the mountain problem. And what's wrong with being level? icon_razz.gif
QUOTE(Bix @ Sep 10 2007, 11:36 AM) View Post

Oh, and TS, BASIC BASIC BASIC LAME LAME LAME BS BS BS (and I don't mean "Broadcast Satellaview") icon_razz.gif

(he'll understand that)

ROFL XD WTF LOL

(he'll understand that) icon_deformed.gif

Again, I'd like to clarify, I put no intentional detail into the shot. Just felt like submitting.

#17 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite)
- Plissken -

No, the question is, "How did you get to that spot in the first place?" Good layout, but I couldn't find myself to vote for it.

Thanks, but it's understandable how you didn't vote for it, CC's amazed me this week.

QUOTE(Trimaster001)

Plissken: Once you add ladders, it will be a flawless shot. Semi-Flawless

Thanks for the vote first off, and second I don't have ladder's because I meant for it to be kinda like how'd he get there kinda thing. But I don't think I made that clear.

QUOTE(NoeL)
Wow Plissken! That's an awesome looking wall! [/sarcasm]

Wow NoeL! What an insightful helpful comment! I'll be sure to come to you with any questions regarding different tastes in detail! [/sarcasm]

Seriously if you don't like it then maybe suggest something? I thought some of the cliff walls could use something else and whenever I tried I never liked it nearly as much as how it is.

QUOTE(CastChaos)
Plissken: Good mountain layout. I have quite a many ideas how could that screen left.

Thanks about the mountain layout...but I'm not really sure what you are trying to say in the second sentence.

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight)
Plissken's is nice, but, no, just no. I did gave my a stupid, but good idea. So thanks(Not falling of the mountain, what you meant with your shot, or didn't you?)

Thanks for saying it's nice but I really can't understand what else you are trying to say. And yes I meant something like falling down there. (Once again should've made that more clear. icon_unsettled.gif )

Oh, and my vote is nulled since I entered but just to let CC know, keep up the great work! Amazing.

#18 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

Forgot to mention who I voted for:

As I said in chat when I was deciding. Linkus is good but I just don't like the colors enough to like it. Sorry. icon_frown.gif It was either CC or Trimaster01. They are both on the same level in my opinion. CC's shot is detailed, but I dislike the screen design. But in the end I went with CC's shot as it grabbed me a little more than Trimaster's.

#19 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:30 PM

Sorry CC, but I just don't like that shot. I think it's too...not to my liking.

I'm voting for umm...Plissken or Linkus. I don't know yet. I'll have to keep examining them.

Eh...Now Tri's shot is starting to look better to me.

Edited by LinkMystro, 10 September 2007 - 05:31 PM.

#20 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:37 PM

Despite the lack of color, I think Linkus' shot has the best design and therefore gets my vote. Sometimes you need to read past color to detect good design.

#21 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:26 PM

Dang!!! This will be a close match! Who will "cast" the "link" to victory?

#22 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Sep 10 2007, 07:26 PM) View Post

Dang!!! This will be a close match! Who will "cast" the "link" to victory?

*slaps* icon_glare.gif ... no.

And Plissken, for further comment, the whole middle third of that screen is a blank mountain wall. It's dull, and a bad design choice. I hope you don't intend the let the player enter that screen from the top or left (or god help us, the RIGHT) because that would be totally pointless and annoying for the player.

... when I look at it again though, it's not as bad as my first impression. Your shot is still way better than TS's icon_razz.gif

#23 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Sep 10 2007, 10:34 PM) View Post

And Plissken, for further comment, the whole middle third of that screen is a blank mountain wall. It's dull, and a bad design choice. I hope you don't intend the let the player enter that screen from the top or left (or god help us, the RIGHT) because that would be totally pointless and annoying for the player.
What you should do to alleviate that blank space, Plissken, is throw in some unreachable ledges. Some pointless little half cliffs that do nothing more than add eyecandy to the screen. In addition to breaking up the monotony of certain areas, it'll make the screen look more natural and can give it more of a flow, know what I'm saying?

#24 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:53 PM

The thing about having ledges you can't get to makes perfect sense. And I do have a lot of those around the mountains of the quest that shot is from. But I don't know, I still really like that shot, and you actually can't enter that screen yet. It's going to be a network of caves within the mountains and there will be a cave entrance down where link is in that shot. Thank you for the advice and thank you NoeL for responding with some constructive criticism.

#25 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Sep 10 2007, 09:53 PM) View Post

Thank you for the advice and thank you NoeL for responding with some constructive criticism.

No probs icon_thumbsup.gificon_wink.gif

#26 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Sep 10 2007, 11:34 PM) View Post

... when I look at it again though, it's not as bad as my first impression. Your shot is still way better than TS's icon_razz.gif

ROFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFL wtf you trying to say? icon_glare.gif icon_deformed.gif

I think his shot's cool. Just... needs a ladder. icon_razz.gif

#27 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Sep 11 2007, 05:04 PM) View Post

I think his shot's cool. Just... needs a ladder. icon_razz.gif

Refer to my last post. icon_razz.gif

And I think that if I put a ladder people would say, "why is there a ladder when nothing's down there?"

#28 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:32 PM

Refer to the icon_razz.gif . icon_deformed.gif

Yeah, I was kidding. I can see how that would work, though.

#29 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:19 PM

OMG! Who will break this tie?

#30 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:05 PM

176 has ended. Congrats to CastChaos.

Relic will be on tomorrow to start 177. Be sure you've got your shots submitted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users