Fork New ZC Version Beta Build

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

You know, sideview ladders and sideview swimming seem requested often enough that you could consider making them built-in parts of the engine.

Those, possibly.

I did randomly add an attribute to the 'Magic Book' class, in the item editor, 'Fire Damage: [ value field ]'.

This allows the user to set how much damage fire made by the wand, with the magic book, does to enemies; and thus also allows upgrading the wand fire.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#32 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

You know, sideview ladders and sideview swimming seem requested often enough that you could consider making them built-in parts of the engine.

And CV-styled staircases.

#33 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:24 PM

And CV-styled staircases.

No promises. Slopes and grades might be reasonable, but the way that Link's movement works now....let's say that this type of thing needs to wait for a refactoring of Link.cpp.

#34 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

May I just make one tiny little request, please? It's not even for a "new" feature or anything; it's just to finish up with an old one, if that's alright.

The "Tools" -> "Quest Reports" region doesn't appear in the Commands list in the bottom area of ZQuest. Setting up a shortcut with that Favorite Commands list for something like "What Links Here" would be SO handy, but for whatever reason, I don't see it on the list of commands that can be favorited.

#35 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:00 PM

May I just make one tiny little request, please? It's not even for a "new" feature or anything; it's just to finish up with an old one, if that's alright.

The "Tools" -> "Quest Reports" region doesn't appear in the Commands list in the bottom area of ZQuest. Setting up a shortcut with that Favorite Commands list for something like "What Links Here" would be SO handy, but for whatever reason, I don't see it on the list of commands that can be favorited.

Added. :)

Sorry it took so long... i had to wait 38 minutes for the Stargate to shut down. :nerd:

This build should have that feature. You can export a 2,50.x quest from the Quest->Export-> menu, if you want to try using it to develop a 2.50.x quest. Keep backups to be safe, but it should work nicely.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 20 January 2017 - 12:29 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#36 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:01 AM

One more thing: does "switch" statement work in this fork? I have seen this command implementation merged into main GitHub ZC branch.

#37 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

One more thing: does "switch" statement work in this fork? I have seen this command implementation merged into main GitHub ZC branch.

It will be in the next public beta, if it tests out as working.

#38 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

We're working on merging in a lot of code at present, including Allegro 4.4 and the new script parser. In the interim, I'll unveil the Youtube channel for 2.54 in its own thread.

It will likely be a week or so before we finish this up, and release Beta 52.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 26 January 2017 - 05:00 PM.

• ShadowTiger and Alucard648 like this

#39 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

Any news?  I'm curious.  Last post said a week or so...it has been over a month and a half.

#40 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:17 AM

Any news?  I'm curious.  Last post said a week or so...it has been over a month and a half.

I had planned a merge, and a new release after that, and then delays ensued. It is most likely going to fall into a Summer release, with (I hope) some fantastic surprises.

Some features will be suppressed in the next build, waiting on some refactoring and better implementation, but for the most part, what we have been up to will pay off for everyone, and should make a number of users quite happy.

I simply have other things to wrap up before I can dedicate the time to release beta 52 properly, and I am not willing to sacrifice some of them and push a half-working dog out of the gate.

#41 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

As of 1st June, 2017, I have resumed work on this, starting with more merges into ZC Main. Because of UI changes that DD made, that are buggy, some implementation is on hold. I can't add in jwin dialogues when the dislogue display is broken in general.

I started merging with a FIFO structure of sorts, adding the most recent changes to 2.future, first.

The following are now in main, or are staged to be folded in:

Game->DMapPalette[512] r/w
Game->KeyPress[127] r/w
Game->ReadKey[127] r/o
Game->ButtonPress[18] r/w
Game->ButtonInput[18] r/w
Game->ButtonHeld[18] r/o
Game->JoypadPress[18] r/o
Game->GetItemScript("name")
Game->GreyscaleOn()
Game->GreyscaleOff()
Game->DisableItems[256]
Screen->OpeningWipe()
Screen->ZapIn()
Screen->ZapOut()
Screen->WavyIn()
Screen->WavyOut()

All 2.54 itemdata additions.
Bugfix for lweapon->Behind : lweapons with this set true now draw behind npc sprites.
Bugfix for Link->Item[256] : Setting this every frame no longer causes lag.

Other various bugfixes.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 03 June 2017 - 07:55 PM.

• ShadowTiger, Anthus and Lüt like this

#42 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

Are you planning to add in a Flag editor, So questmakers can create their own secret triggers for Custom Items like a Level 4 Boomerang, or triggers for specific items that cannot be triggered by higher Item levels?

#43 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

Are you planning to add in a Flag editor, So questmakers can create their own secret triggers for Custom Items like a Level 4 Boomerang, or triggers for specific items that cannot be triggered by higher Item levels?

I would like to do that, and I did make some very basic preparations for this, but adding that is not likely to be a priority for the next ZC release.

• Zagut likes this

#44 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

And what about Screen->SecretCombos[] ?

#45 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

I was supposed to get on that, but then assignments happened. It might not be out this release, because I suck at GUI's, but it's on the list.

• Zagut likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fork, New ZC, Version, Beta, Build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users