1 screen massacre

• Please log in to reply
1045 replies to this topic

#511 jerome

jerome

"Ducks eat for free at Subway"

• Members

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:45 PM

klop, I believe that Dimentio was referring to the infinite warp, not the maze.

I can attest that some may think it an infinite loop because of the maze.  In my quest, I put one with only RRRR to make the player have to fight against the batrobes and mirrorrobes in case they just tried to tank/run through it.

BTW, tried out some of this quest, pretty cool stuff all of you are doing!  Keep up the good work!  Also, how will you know when you are done?  Do you (collectively) have a plan?

Edited by jerome, 04 August 2018 - 01:45 PM.

#512 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:09 PM

BTW, tried out some of this quest, pretty cool stuff all of you are doing!  Keep up the good work!  Also, how will you know when you are done?  Do you (collectively) have a plan?

We have a Discord, which I should probably link again, and it has some general plans we have loosely agreed on. The nature of the quest still allows you to put a screen pretty much anywhere, but there is an understanding that it must be playable, and make sense. As far as dungeons, we are thinking eight, and there are some non-dungeon/ non-OW areas too (caves basically). We *have* decided on only one OW, so once that is full, we will have to work on dungeons, and stuff. Level 1 is done, but all the other levels only have a few screens. 

Here is a list of all the Maps, and D-Maps so far.

Here's a list of all entrances/ exits from the overworld, but it may be missing a few newer entrances.*

Here's the discord, and you can also find some more info and discussions there, as well as a full credits page. :)

* Updating this one might.. be a bit tough. There is no way to easily tell which screens I haven't checked that may have new caves/ entrances. It's more or less for reference.

#513 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:41 PM

Feel free to join, jerome! Always happy to have more people.

* Updating this one might.. be a bit tough. There is no way to easily tell which screens I haven't checked that may have new caves/ entrances. It's more or less for reference.

If you remember when the last time was that you updated it (it might be in a timestamp on the site - if not, you can check it by hand :/) (EDIT: checking, I've realised you left a date in there anyway, so that'll be really helpful) then you can go back to that date in this thread and work from there.

EDIT 2: it's just hit me what you two (jerome and Dimentio) meant. I don't know why I assumed there'd have to be a maze path there. *facepalm*

Edited by klop422, 04 August 2018 - 04:46 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#514 jerome

jerome

• Members

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:27 AM

I am working on possibly making a screen, but don't count me as a claim just yet.  I'm having to teach myself some layers but reverse engineering some of the others.  I only mention this in case anyone else has a for sure great idea that they would like.  It has been literally 10 years since I did any of this in ZQ.

• Anthus likes this

#515 jerome

jerome

• Members

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

OK, so CLAIM, and here it is:

https://www.dropbox....44-s64.qst?dl=0

I will edit in a screenshot...

https://imgur.com/a/HCmVkBm

multiedit help:

Couldn't post picture like everyone else.  Last way I knew how to do it was put img=whateverurlitis/img with brackets around it, but it won't let me.

Edited by jerome, 05 August 2018 - 01:46 PM.

• Anthus and Binx like this

#516 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:04 PM

Imgur's a bit weird with image links, they keep the image itself separate from the post. If you click "get share links" then copy the BBCode link, it'll post correctly. I have no idea why they do it that way.

#517 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:46 PM

Mediafire (where I do it) does it the same way. Took me years to work it out.
Also, nice screen. Almost implies a lower floor in the dungeon (which I think would be really cool).

EDIT: also, I forgot to make any fanfare about it, but we have the right half of the overworld completed by now.

Edited by klop422, 05 August 2018 - 02:50 PM.

#518 jerome

jerome

• Members

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

Oh yeah, also "created" some new tiles.  Cornered snowflake tiles, iced riverbank top/bottom/corners, diagonal small blocks, and some other ones... maybe?

#519 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:37 PM

Couldn't post picture like everyone else.  Last way I knew how to do it was put img=whateverurlitis/img with brackets around it, but it won't let me.

To add an image, get the link, and then click the little square picture with the formatting tools above where you type. It's to the left of the < >, below the text color, and emotes.

But for some reason, when I tried it with your screen, it says .pngs aren't supported here, soo.. idk.

If Imgur is being dumb (which it often is) just right click your image, and open it in a new tab, and copy that url. :)

Also, adding you to the credits, jerome.

#520 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:43 PM

Gonna claim again. Got something I want to get out of the way.

Btw, Jerome, it seems you used the link before mine (probably because someone quoted it after I uploaded mine) so my screen's vanished. Not really an issue, since I can just recreate it. Also, you appear to have put your screen on bigjoe's as well, so I'll fix that.

#521 jerome

jerome

• Members

Posted 05 August 2018 - 05:27 PM

Not sure why that happened (bigjoe's screen).  I copied his and pasted above his screen.  It wouldn't link the two together, would it?  I definitely didn't make the room twice.

Also, sorry bigjoe!  It was completely unintentional.

EDIT:

Found out that by copying and pasting, it doesn't change the location of layer maps.  So yes, I screwed that up terribly. 

Edited by jerome, 05 August 2018 - 05:42 PM.

#522 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:34 PM

I fixed it anyway - wasn't too much of an issue. Just something to keep in mind.

Anyway, here we are:

iopgdbn54ow5dmk4g.jpg

Stalfos gives you a heart piece if you bring it an ice cream.

Also, made a dummy item so that he doesn't give you infinite heart pieces.

Other thing about this screen is that now (unless we make a little corridor from 67 to 76, which I don't think is that great an idea) the only way into Monstro Carnival is from the left.

http://www.mediafire...m1-s66.qst/file

EDIT: by the way, jerome, it's also useful to rename the file with at least your username, and ideally also the screen (we've been doing the map and screen numbers). Just for bookkeeping purposes.

Edited by klop422, 05 August 2018 - 06:38 PM.

#523 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:13 PM

[CLAIM]

Edit:

----------------------

zelda009.png

Quest File

There is a crippling issue in this file. One of the scripts is somehow causing the FPS to tank. This should be resolved ASAP.

Edited by Orithan, 05 August 2018 - 11:40 PM.

#524 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 August 2018 - 01:10 AM

**Claim**

#525 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:03 AM

[Download Pun]

mz1KLwF.png

Another Lava Cave screen.

Orithan, I didn't have time to test out the carnival area to see if it lags :(

Edit: just noticed a small tile error. Oh well, I'll fix it next claim. I'm in favor of keeping the Upper Lit Caverns area fairly small, cause my tiles are kind of incomplete, tbh. >.>  I was just stoked to add them to a project. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users