• Please log in to reply
1493 replies to this topic

#1456 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

magic%20gauge%20piece.png?raw=1

I am thinking about adding magic gauge pieces to the subscreen and made these, but I am not sure if I like them. I also think I like the first one the most, but even that is not a sure deal and it also has the fewest pieces. Than again the last one has clearly too many considering that I have to find each piece. Below is an alternate for the full magic pieces, I like it a little bit more, but I also think it does not fit as well into firebird.

• judasrising and Jared like this

#1457 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

I think they all look fine. I probably like the fourth one the best.
  • Naru likes this

#1458 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

Finished my first subscreen for Destiny of the Oracles.

This is for Labrynna. See if you can figure out the new secret item! (If you're in the PureZC Skype group, it doesn't count!)

POy28Jn.png

• judasrising, MoscowModder and strike like this

#1459 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:35 AM

And now for the subscreen in the Mirror World. I went through several iterations on the design for the items that you get in each of the game's dungeon and this is what I came up with. Let me know what you think!

4ESzij5.png

• judasrising and Jared like this

#1460 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:27 AM

Ooh, you have (almost) entirely different inventories in the different worlds? Intriguing.

I wonder what that heart-shaped item in the equippable items section does.

• ywkls likes this

#1461 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:22 PM

Ooh, you have (almost) entirely different inventories in the different worlds? Intriguing.

I wonder what that heart-shaped item in the equippable items section does.

The idea is to make it where you can't use certain things in particular worlds. There will naturally have to be a certain level of item disabling going on in some cases, however.

The heart-shaped item is from IOTM #1 and called the Heart of Ice. It freezes water-combos to make them walkable. It stuns enemies too. (Other abilities may be added later.)

It is basically a way to get around not having a flippers equivalent in the Mirror World. (You do have the Mermaid's Suit in Labrynna, but it is disabled/taken away while not there.)

I have plans for ways to combine the efforts of both worlds for the game's final dungeon and boss, but the first step was to make the subscreen so you could actually use these items.

Edited by ywkls, 24 February 2017 - 07:23 PM.

#1462 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

RrMAKHD.png

A pretty simple screen. My goal was to make a dock, as this is where Link starts the game. Any ideas on how to improve it?

• Jared likes this

#1463 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:51 PM

RrMAKHD.png

A pretty simple screen. My goal was to make a dock, as this is where Link starts the game. Any ideas on how to improve it?

Nice screen, but this is the subscreen thread. :P

• Naru likes this

#1464 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

Nice screen, but this is the subscreen thread. :P

Oh my god. Oops. I meant to put this in the Screenshot Critique thread. umm

xd

• Jared likes this

#1465 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

Decided to revamp my active subscreens.

Child:
priBpU2.png

Adult:
ZDpiweS.png

• Jared, Timelord and Matthew like this

#1466 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

That's a lot of different arrows. Is there any reason people would want to select anything less than the best ones that they have? Do you have 4 different arrow counters to go with them?

And actually, are the grayed-out items placeholders? Because I just did that for hearts and magic when I revamped that 36-hour quest I made, to show the maximum you can pick up. I don't know why I didn't think of also doing it for items, but it seems like a great idea.

It's also interesting that you show all tunics. But they still override each other when you get them, yeah? Or do you get to choose which one you want to wear?

Regardless, it looks like a nice setup. Good job.

• Binx likes this

#1467 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:43 PM

That's a lot of different arrows. Is there any reason people would want to select anything less than the best ones that they have? Do you have 4 different arrow counters to go with them?

They do different things. Fire arrows can activate burn triggers (well, not really, but I place a generic FFC trigger over the burn flag and it works the same), ice arrows freeze enemies, light arrows are stronger and the only weapon that can kill Ganon, and they all use magic except the regular one.

And actually, are the grayed-out items placeholders? Because I just did that for hearts and magic when I revamped that 36-hour quest I made, to show the maximum you can pick up. I don't know why I didn't think of also doing it for items, but it seems like a great idea.

Yes, yes they are. They're custom items that you get alongside the regular one, so they don't appear in your inventory until you get the associated item. Takes up a bunch of custom item slots, but I like the aesthetic.

It's also interesting that you show all tunics. But they still override each other when you get them, yeah? Or do you get to choose which one you want to wear?

They're not the rings, except for the gold one. The blue one's the flippers, the red one's for hot rooms, you automatically change into them if you're swimming or in a hot room.

Regardless, it looks like a nice setup. Good job.

Thank you.

Edited by Binx, 23 April 2017 - 09:48 PM.

#1468 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:33 PM

New scripted subscreen for revamped Metroid: Origins with Super Metroid-style interface is a go!

XST5QkP.png

There are a few item name changes, along with one brand-new thing which I'll expand upon here.

In-game description:

Quantum Key- This strange relic emits an unknown energy signature. Some Objects may react to it.

Purpose:

This will activate a set of warps while will be added to the game, allowing access to a new area with more upgrades, bosses and secrets. 

It make take me some time to get all of that done, but the hard part of transferring the scripts I have and getting them to work is done.

• judasrising, Jared and Timelord like this

#1469 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:02 AM

New scripted subscreen for revamped Metroid: Origins with Super Metroid-style interface is a go!

XST5QkP.png

There are a few item name changes, along with one brand-new thing which I'll expand upon here.

In-game description:

Quantum Key- This strange relic emits an unknown energy signature. Some Objects may react to it.

Purpose:

This will activate a set of warps while will be added to the game, allowing access to a new area with more upgrades, bosses and secrets. 

It make take me some time to get all of that done, but the hard part of transferring the scripts I have and getting them to work is done.

Wow that looks really awesome.

Nice work ywkls

• ywkls likes this

#1470 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

A major update soon...

UKkJXZp.png

• Sheik, Jared, Matthew and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic