• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:19 PM

Dear community of PureZC,

The day has come where things get a bit easier for me and also for you. From this day on, you can download the whole pack of all my quests at the following link:

http://www.purezc.ne...e=quests&id=584

The other download links in the databse are no longer updated, I will only keep the pack entry updated. I also requested the removal of the six individual quest entries. For now, they still seem to be existent. I hope they can be removed soon.

You might think now: What has changed? Well, here's the answer. Pixcalibur123 has thoroughly beta-tested my quests and given me feedback about balancing of enemies and items. Additionally, I decided to take out the "uber" weapons from Maxi and replace them with B-button weapons that can be claimed in the late game. The detailed list of new items since the last update is as follows:

:: Nuclear Rod (L2) - Only available in the two Mini quests (because there is no Magic Book). Master Sword strength, but requires four times the magic of the normal Wand.

:: Nuclear Candle (L4) - Master Sword strength candle that costs four times the magic of the red and blue candle. The Plasma Candle (L3) costs only half as much magic as the Nuclear Candle.

:: Silver Hammer (L3) - Master Sword strength hammer that can be claimed in the final dungeon, it helps against the stronger Darknuts.

:: Piercing Beam (L3.5) - Upgrade for the Master Sword that makes it shoot piercing beams. The damage remains unchanged. It can be claimed with 15 hearts of 16 maximum.

The L4 candle is in other quests as well (not all of them), the L3 hammer and the L3.5 sword upgrade are only in the Maxi quest. Feel free to explore the quests and see what's all new besides those items. In Mini 1, I added a "Choice Cave" where you can choose between the Nuclear Rod, the Nuclear Candle or the Red Ring (cave can be opened once you picked up the Plasma Candle). That gives you some sort of replayability for that particular quest. ;)

Also, as you could see, I have provided the new QDB entry with 10 screenshots instead of a video preview, mainly because I haven't been able to LP it yet, and I probably won't LP it again just because of a balance patch. However, there is something else that's new: A completely new soundtrack in the good old NES classic style (NSF format), made by BigJoe. This marks the removal of the MP3 soundtrack from my private download source as it consumed about 10 GB of traffic. 

Also, you might see one or two new enemy types as well, but they won't appear frequently. I won't spoil you on those. Thanks in advance for playing my quests, and thanks to those who have already played them not too long ago, and even reviewed them. :)

~ Matthew Bluefox

PS: I updated the detailed quest description in the entry itself, to make new players realise more quickly what my quests are about.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 08 March 2016 - 05:23 AM.

• Joelmacool and Matthew like this

#2 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:26 AM

Based on playthroughs of other players and of course also based on possible bugs that could have come up due to the rebalancing (mainly string tables or DMaps and music issues), I will post a patchlist here and if you find stuff, don't hesitate to post it and I will update this post with new stuff added to the list.

:: NLOZ 2 / Maxi: DMap of Level 9 (9-2) doesn't feature Ganon's eyes. The dungeon is correct though. Corrected on Tuesday, March 8th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: NLOZ 1 / Maxi: Changed a dark room in Level 6 (6-1) with two streams of water to one stream on the right side as it should be. Corrected on Saturday, March 12th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

Patch day is usually Sunday.

PS: The old quests have now been removed from the QDB, thanks!

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 04 October 2016 - 09:55 AM.

#3 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:18 PM

Alright, it's Sunday (early morning though, but it's Sunday), so it's patchday. I have just submitted the patch and I hope it will get accepted within the next few hours (if you read this at 01:20 AM German Time, don't download it yet). The above mentioned two small changes have been done. If you see more stuff that needs a fix (or you believe needs a fix), don't hesitate and post in here. :)

PS: The quest is not updated yet in the database, but I uploaded it about 8 hours ago. I will let you know once it's been accepted. So for now, please don't re-download it yet.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 13 March 2016 - 03:51 AM.

#4 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:05 PM

Alright, the patch has been accepted, now it's safe to download again. Unfortunately, next Sunday, I will have to apply another patch (even though - again - nothing major, nothing game-breaking at all). Notes so far:

:: NLOZ 1 / Maxi: Removed corner traps in various Level 2 (2-1) rooms, because there never were any corner traps in the NES original in those rooms except for one (above the item room). Corrected on Sunday, March 13th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: NLOZ 1 / Maxi: Changed two dark rooms to lit rooms in Level 7 (7-1) to match the dark rooms in the NES original. Corrected on Sunday, March 13th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: NLOZ 1 / Maxi: Gleeok's roar spread out a bit too far in Level 8 (8-1). Corrected it to not let him hear in the first item room. Corrected on Sunday, March 13th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: NLOZ 2: Changed the guy from Merchant to Abei in the top right corner "secret shop" area in Lorule, because there is no shop anymore at that location, only a hint. Corrected on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: NLOZ 2: Changed a hint in Lorule because infinite bombs can no longer be obtained (at least until the display bug for non-infinite super bombs after pickup is fixed, which is not in my power). Corrected on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: NLOZ 2: Changed another hint in Lorule because there is now only a single silver arrow secret, not two anymore. Corrected on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: NLOZ 2: Removed a cactus in Lorule's desert, because the secret heart container isn't there anymore, so no need to hint to something that isn't there anymore. Corrected on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: NLOZ 2 / Maxi: Added enemy flag for shooting statues in the Golden Digdogger room in Level 8 (8-2). Corrected on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

Because there are so many fixes in this patch, it will be uploaded sooner than Sunday. I will let you know when it's up.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 15 March 2016 - 07:41 AM.

#5 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:35 AM

The unexpectedly large patch has just been uploaded. As usual, please wait a few hours up to a day until the update has been accepted by the staff.

Edit: Staff has accepted the submission, download is now safe. ^^

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 15 March 2016 - 03:50 PM.

#6 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

Alright, here's the patch notes for Sunday, this time hopefully really no need to patch in the middle of the week.

:: Maxi: Fixed a message from the old man in Level 1-1 telling you there were two items in that dungeon. There's only one item now, so no need to look further than usual. Corrected on Wednesday, March 16th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: NLOZ 3: Fixed a message from the old man telling about infinite upgrades. The infinite bombs have been taken out until the display bug is fixed, therefore the message string had to get altered. Corrected on Thursday, March 17th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: NLOZ 3: Changed the boss of Level 3 to a red Manhandla. It was not supposed to be yet another blue Gohma ... *sighs* ... how come I could not see that? In Maxi, funny enough, the boss was already a red Manhandla (in Level 3-5). Corrected on Thursday, March 17th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: Various: Changed layouts of 4-block-square and Aquamentus / warp pyramid block-style rooms in dungeons to NES original style. Corrected on Friday, March 18th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

:: NLOZ 1 / Maxi: Removed yet ANOTHER corner traps flag in Level 2 (2-1). Sometimes I wonder how I can miss something I focused on fixing. Corrected on Saturday, March 19th, 2016 by Matthew Bluefox.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 20 March 2016 - 04:52 AM.

#7 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:43 PM

It's Sunday in Germany already and in England very soon, so it's about time to upload the above described patch. As usual, please wait a few hours for the upload to get accepted by staff. :)

PS: The patch was not complete, because I had to re-upload it just now (10 hours later from the original post). I forgot to copy one of the QST updates into the ZIP, so there are still corner traps in a room in Level 2 (2-1) of Maxi and NLOZ 1 which I had already taken out for the patch. Really sorry. :( I will tell you in a bump when the real patch is through.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 20 March 2016 - 04:51 AM.

#8 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:55 AM

Alright, the true patch has just been uploaded. So, if you just downloaded it a few hours ago, I am really sorry to tell you that you might wanna re-download in a few hours from now after the true patch has been accepted. The only thing that's missing from the other patch is the corner traps issue in Level 2 of the first quest (2-1 of Maxi). It really bugged me though, so I didn't wanna wait another week for this to be fixed, because it was supposed to be fixed by a week ago infact (patchnotes from 13th for the upload on 15th).

Patch is now live. Thanks for your patience, and sorry again for uploading an incomplete file.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 20 March 2016 - 01:38 PM.

#9 naal

naal

• Members

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:14 AM

Where's level 3-3 in Maxi?

#10 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

It's where Level 2-2 is, but in the opposite overworld. You have to bomb the northern wall instead of waking an Armos. :)

#11 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:52 AM

Because of the low download number and the various small updates I've had to do for my quests, I've decided to remove the LP on Youtube I've done of all my six quests. I don't know if I'll do a new LP of them, but for now I won't do any further LP's on my channel, also because I have to work quite much lately. I might return to LP's in the future though.

~ Matthew Bluefox

#12 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:04 AM

Patch notes for the Easter update:

:: Various: Corrected layouts of rooms to resemble their original NES counterparts. 25.03.2016 - Matthew Bluefox

PS: Update has been submitted, awaiting staff approval.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 27 March 2016 - 06:05 AM.

#13 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:57 AM

The update has been approved, but as I described above, it's not a huge patch. Anyway, I hope there is no need to fix more stuff.

#14 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:23 AM

Well, looks like there's gunna be one more patch this Sunday ... there is a hint in Level 8 (NLOZ 1 only) saying that you should bring some cash with you. The minus fifty room is gone though, replaced by another hint (as it is in the NES first quest), so I had to change the string to something more useful about the magic book.

I will get the patch through right now, because after this, there's not gunna be any further patching, I promise. The longer I think about it, the more I feel that I should never have done these quests, because almost nobody is playing them since the "New Legend of Zelda" upgrade ... it's my fault, because I never really did something new, I just tweaked stuff and that probably feels boring by now. Of course there's the new music from Bigjoe, the enemy ideas from Hero of Fire ... but it's still kind of "Zelda Deluxe" remade.

Zelda Deluxe was the biggest upgrade to the original NES game and it was LP'd by all the big ZC names out there, including Pixcalibur, Meleewizard ... heck, even Eppy gave it a shot back then ... and Eddy Oliveira of course who even tried the Remastered ones. I know Pixcalibur is considering doing a re-run, but with so many projects from better authors, I doubt it's gunna make it in any time 2016 or 2017 actually. And by then, I'm not sure if I'll ever do another quest.

So yeah, the patch is up and awaiting approval. I'll let you know when it's approved.

PS: It's been approved already. Thanks, Eddy!

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 30 March 2016 - 05:56 AM.

#15 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:18 AM

Pixcalibur123 has given the whole pack a re-run to see if everything is really okay now. He has mentioned three things, of which I'm gunna adjust two.

Issue :: The price of 600 rupees for the remote super bombs is too high for what the ability is worth. Same for the normal remote bombs (200 rupees).

Solution 1: In addition, you will get 6 free super bombs when buying the remote ability, so you should buy it when you have almost no super bombs left.

Solution 2: The base damage of normal remote bombs has been doubled. That makes the 200 rupees a lot better spent than before. You will not get extra bombs though.

Maxi Only: Because the remotes are for free (dungeon items), the bonus for the super bomb remote will NOT work in the Maxi quest. The bonus for normal remote bombs will.

Issue :: Elite Goriyas are too powerful, especially without the red ring as protection and no golden boomerang to stun them (e. g. Level 6 in Mini 2).

Workaround for every quest except NLOZ 1 and 2: Enemy bait! Use it to lure them (if it's more than one, most are two) together and hide in the doorway, then use a super bomb. Problem solved. If it's just one, use the golden boomerang (or higher in Maxi) to stun it and defeat it first before dealing with other enemies in the room.

Special Hint For Level 6 (Mini 2): There is a single Elite Goriya in your way to the stairs. You can skip that room completely or use the bait / super bomb tactic as explained above. You will get the Golden Boomerang shortly after.

Workaround for NLOZ 1: The only Elite Goriya you face is in the bonus dungeon. Easy to stun with the golden boomerang, also you have the red ring as protection.

Workaround for NLOZ 2: You are facing two Elite Goriyas as bosses of Level 8 and two more in the bonus level (dark room above control room). By then, you have the red ring as protection and the golden boomerang to stun one of them. Try to get them in line or use a super bomb to quickly kill one of them and stun the other. It's tricky, but hey ... it's the second quest after all.

The update is now live. Thanks, Eddy, for the quick accept.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 07 April 2016 - 07:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users