• Please log in to reply
4950 replies to this topic

#1 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:15 AM

Did you finish that hard part of that certain quest?
Did you revamp your temples today in ZQuest?

Tell what you accomplish here in this thread!

--

Today, I COMPLETELY revamped my overworld, it was amazing! I added trees everywhere, put new little Pokemon flowers everywhere, I'm in love with my fixed overworld!! :'D
  • Shane and AlphaFrost like this

#2 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:39 AM

icon_ohmy.gif Oh my gosh, this is a FANTASTIC thread. I love you Lynker, good thinking. icon_biggrin.gif

Good to hear about your overworld, too! That's always an exhilirating accomplishment, in'nit? Like you feel 100 pounds lighter all day long? For me, always.

Today I wanted to take my mind off my scripting woes, so I got to work on the Palette for a new (swamp) area. Now, when I do Palettes, I have to do them from scratch, because I use a totally modified, customized tileset, I can't just "grab" a palette from somewhere or edit an existing one. It can sometimes be hard or confusing work.

Also I think my Autism affects my ability to create CSets somewhat. I process sensory input differently from most people, so my sense of color is "unique" because of it. I've been criticized for CSet issues (in the Screenshots Thread, etc.) more often than my screen structure, by far. (This one was the biggest one of my life, years ago. Was supposed to be a city hidden in a magical dimensional pocket/rift, hence the twisted colors, but other people just didn't see the appeal... I still love it though, don't care how many people say otherwise icon_xd.gif )

It felt good to have the change of pace, though. icon_smile.gif I had fun making the new CSets. In fact I tried something brand new this time, by taking the two shades of green and swapping them (so the light green was now dark and vice versa). It had a very weird effect, which strangely, worked better than I expected, so I went and kept it!

That's all I did tonight. Would have gotten farther, but... only had one cup of coffee today and not two icon_deformed.gif

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

Great job Schwa! I never really changed any csets or palettes, I can't do that icon_smile.gif

Today I made another cool cutscene and made some changes to my subscreen. I did something that was never done before (i think)! I wan't that people can play my quest now, but I didn't even finish the great town. And the cutscene is really, really cool too! I used many ffc's and even sound effects in strings, like Link's scream.
That's what I did today. And it's just 12:00 pm in my time. The day is long. I'll make more progress in my game icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Avataro, 06 February 2011 - 06:05 AM.

#4 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:08 AM

Oh, actually, last night I finished up Bikdip's Adventure II for a second time, and now I have to figure out how to get those pesky secrets which I didn't get around to the first time. Hopefully I can find them, but hey, I beat the game twice.

#5 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:11 AM

I didn't even open ZQ at all! Woo!

QUOTE(ShimmeringFlames @ Feb 6 2011, 05:08 AM) View Post

Oh, actually, last night I finished up Bikdip's Adventure II for a second time, and now I have to figure out how to get those pesky secrets which I didn't get around to the first time. Hopefully I can find them, but hey, I beat the game twice.

did you do that arbitrary morbid thing that is like completely impossible to figure out by any chance

Edited by Lithium, 06 February 2011 - 06:13 AM.

#6 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE(Lithium @ Feb 6 2011, 06:11 AM) View Post

did you do that arbitrary morbid thing that is like completely impossible to figure out by any chance

Wait what, what thing? I assume you mean the purple maze, which I did indeed do that, but I had to watch BikdipOnABus' let's play to figure it out.

#7 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

This may not be much but I moved my Level 7 from Map 7 to Map 5. Without Exporting or Importing, because it won't let me. 49 screens, copied from one map to another. 32 of those screens need to use Paste All. And I had to change all the layers to the correct map and get rid of what little was still left in Map 5 by moving it to Map 6, but there were only about 6 screens left. Of course, it's only about 11:20 AM in my time so I'll probably copy Level 8 over later. That shouldn't be too bad, it's the same size as Level 7 but without all the layers.

EDIT:Copied Level 8 over to Map 5.

Edited by Banjo7J, 06 February 2011 - 08:01 AM.

#8 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(Banjo7J @ Feb 6 2011, 03:23 AM) View Post

This may not be much but I moved my Level 7 from Map 7 to Map 5. Without Exporting or Importing, because it won't let me. 49 screens, copied from one map to another. 32 of those screens need to use Paste All. And I had to change all the layers to the correct map and get rid of what little was still left in Map 5 by moving it to Map 6, but there were only about 6 screens left. Of course, it's only about 11:20 AM in my time so I'll probably copy Level 8 over later. That shouldn't be too bad, it's the same size as Level 7 but without all the layers.

EDIT:Copied Level 8 over to Map 5.

....Oh, my, GOD, dude. Wince wince wince wince wince wince.

I wanna give you the biggest hug in the universe right now. That is NOT FUN. NOT FUN NOT FUN AT ALL. It is very much VERY MUCH pain and I have experienced it before, argharghargh that must have been a nightmare for you. icon_cry.gif

For what reason on God's Green Earthâ„¢ were you forced to do that for? Simply conserving map space? It must have been a serious thing...

(Incidentally, my current task of trying to convert all my Enemy-based Scripts into a new code format is a similar type of morbid-tedious. It feels like my creativity has the flu whenever I've been faced with stuff like that.)

#9 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:03 AM

OK, I actually realized I probably worded that badly. icon_unsettled.gif Since the to and from were in the same quest, I was able to just Copy-Paste. Just to make sure we're on the same page here. Because I'm suspecting you thought I meant having to make every single goddamn screen again manually. It was still tedious though but not that tedious. The reason I had to do it was to organize my maps/screens more efficiently. Because, when I had first started making my quest, I decided to put my houses and shops on Map 5. And then when making dungeons, I could only fit 2 per map, so when Level 7 came around, I had to put it on Map 7 (Because I ran out of space on Map 5 for a cutscene and had to use Map 6.) so now I'm moving all the stuff on Map 5 to a different map and moving MAp 7 to Map 5, 8 to 6, so on and so forth. However, what I've copied over to other maps so far is nothing compared to what I'll have to do. Move 2 FULL maps. Most of the screens are just standard-dungeon-walls room template though, so that's about half of the work made easier. [/ramble]
  • LikeLike on fire likes this

#10 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

I haven't really found map space to be a problem. I'm up over 80 maps as of today, and I'm already about 2/5 done with my quest...

Anyhow, I've hit a sudden burst of inspiration, and have made about 50 screens since Friday (in PTUX). So yeah... I've been busy...

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

That's great guys! And thanks Schwa, for the thanks icon_biggrin.gif
I just fixed up a few screens up, made them look better. Been at my friends house all day, so not much got done icon_razz.gif

#12 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

Let's see..

Had to create an Item Drop Set for almost every individual Enemy, which took a good amount of time. There's a certain feature that requires it in my quest.

Found a way to add custom Shields and Tunics in, but I have to wait for a ZC update to actually apply it to my quest.

Debugged some parts of Level 6 in my quest, it's going to be a total of 73 screens, so not very fun to have to debug. Plus there are like a million passageways I need to test to make sure they end up in the right area.

That's about it, I still need to finish a bunch of rooms (around 10? I think), then decorate Level 6 and then debug it again. After that, it's back to designing more of the overworld, which I actually dislike more than doing dungeons. Right now I'm stuck using a Vista computer, so I can't debug because it's like thirty times slower. Got to wait until I can use a different computer.
  • LikeLike on fire likes this

#13 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

I started working on the main overworld for LoRII. Yeah, I'm sort of working on it again but I won't be going full pin into it until I've finished FKDX. As of right now, it's just to get myself used to the set, so the screens don't look all that good right now. But the experience is invaluable. icon_razz.gif

While not directly in ZQuest, I have been working on modifying dungeons for LoRII since I want to try something different.

#14 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:31 PM

Today, I started a desert for the first town in a new quest i'm making. Looks pretty good, for what I have so far.

#15 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Nothing.

But yesterday I made some more Kakariko Village, I'll be going back to doing that now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users