Name for my quest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hey, I need help deciding a name for my quest. I haven't made much story to it yet, but here is what I got.

Link lives in a village named Koshahn Village. In the village, lies a temple that holds the Triforce of Courage. On Link's 16th birthday, his grandpa tells him that he is the hero and he needs to get ready for when darkness tries to take over the land. He tells Link go go into the Acorn Groves to get the Hero's sword witch lies deep in a cavern in the forest. After Link get's the sword, he must go into the Temple of Courage to obtain the Triforce of Courage so he can use it's powers to stop any evil. But just as he tries to take it of the pedestal, Dark Link appears and tries to take it. The village elder comes in and tries to stop him, but Dark Link is to strong for him.
He can't take it from him, so he shoots it with a beam of light or whatever and divides it into 8 segments and spreads them across the land. Each piece is assigned to 8 different village palaces. Dark Link can't step into the palaces so he tries to gather all 8 peices of the Triforce of Power to use it's powers to resurrect Ganon. Link must gather the 8 pieces of the Triforce of Courage before Dark Link get's the ToP.

I am using the EZGBZ tileset just so you know. I was thinking of naming it something link, "Legend of the Triforce of Courage", but there are a lot of names like that. Or maybe something like, LoZ, "Courage awakening", or something. What ideas do you think I should use? If I do end up using someones name, I will give credit to said person. I'll be working on names myself as well.

Thanks for any help.

#2 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

Don't rush it. "The Hylian Phoenix" didn't get its name until at least two years of development. Originally, it was called "The Master Sword".

Just make some sort of project nick, like how the PSP 2 is currently called "NGP" (Next Generation Portable, or "Nintendo's Gonna Pay icon_razz.gif), then when you one day get an idea for a fantastic name, then you go for it. It's like naming a book... you don't want to name it before you actually start writing it, and even then, it's much easier to come up with a name when it's finished, because then you have everything ready, and you can choose a name that's symbolic for the book (or game, in this case). icon_wink.gif

#3 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(Robin @ Feb 2 2011, 07:32 PM) View Post

Don't rush it. "The Hylian Phoenix" didn't get its name until at least two years of development. Originally, it was called "The Master Sword".

Just make some sort of project nick, like how the PSP 2 is currently called "NGP" (Next Generation Portable, or "Nintendo's Gonna Pay icon_razz.gif), then when you one day get an idea for a fantastic name, then you go for it. It's like naming a book... you don't want to name it before you actually start writing it, and even then, it's much easier to come up with a name when it's finished, because then you have everything ready, and you can choose a name that's symbolic for the book (or game, in this case). icon_wink.gif

That's good advise! I was going to do that, but I really wanted a name for it because the story I have I thought that I could come up with a name easy. But, I was wrong. Ha ha,"The Master Sword", that's hilarious...I'm so sorry...

#4 ミサエル

ミサエル

Maaka

• Banned

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

How about..

The Legend of Zelda: Another Quest

Actually, I want that name. icon_sly.gif

#5 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(ミサエル @ Feb 2 2011, 10:23 PM) View Post

How about..

The Legend of Zelda: Another Quest

Actually, I want that name. icon_sly.gif

How about, hell no. JK but that's a terrible name icon_lol.gif

Edited by Keiichi123, 02 February 2011 - 10:52 PM.

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

How about:

The Legend of Zelda: Link Goes Into a Forest to Find His Stuff and Then Goes to Fetch the Triforce of Courage but Aw Snap Dark Link Smashed it and is Now Trying to Resurrect the Evil King

It fits perfectly with your storyline!

Or how about:

Oh Dear: The Evil King is Revived for the Tenth Time This Week!

Or possibly:

Honey, I Broke the Triforce

Or:

Oh No! My Evil Twin is Up to His Old Tricks Again

Or:

The Legend of Zelda: Shattered Courage

Haha the last one sucks so much!

#7 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Feb 3 2011, 12:07 AM) View Post

How about:

The Legend of Zelda: Link Goes Into a Forest to Find His Stuff and Then Goes to Fetch the Triforce of Courage but Aw Snap Dark Link Smashed it and is Now Trying to Resurrect the Evil King

Or how about:

Or possibly:

Or:

Or:

Lol, But seriously, I'm not joking around here. The bottom one is the only one I might use because I'm to lazy to come up with a name my self but other then that, I'm not using any of them.

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:16 AM

The Mythic Golden Force?

#9 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

Giomnaezrenaya.

#10 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Feb 3 2011, 04:16 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Feb 3 2011, 12:07 AM) View Post

How about:

Or how about:

Or possibly:

Or:

Or:

Lol, But seriously, I'm not joking around here. The bottom one is the only one I might use because I'm to lazy to come up with a name my self but other then that, I'm not using any of them.

I agree with Creemens; all of names, aside from the last one, are only siutable for joke quests. I perfer to be serious, rather than having too much humour, when I make quests.

Possible titles:

LoZ: Dark Link's revenge.

LoZ: Lost Courage.

LoZ: Legend of the Courage seeker.

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:15 AM

The Legend of Zelda: Battle for the Courage?

#12 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

The Legend of Zelda: Courage in Flames. Eh?

#13 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Eh, that doesn't really make sense to the (Unfinished) story. Thanks though.

#14 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

I like the name "Shattered Courage" icon_smile.gif
It really defines the quest.

Edited by Lynker, 03 February 2011 - 12:59 PM.

#15 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

It seems people didn't understand that most of that post was a joke except for Shattered Courage. And I'm sticking by Shattered Courage. It's a pretty schweet name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users