Photo

Screenshot of the Week 437

Shane LunarRedMage Avataro Dawnlight coolgamer012345

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 437 (54 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

LunarRedMage
LunarRedMage.png
Looks like fell from the skies and landed on that treestump...or he just fell asleep...

The return of the Air Kingdom.

Dawnlight
Dawnlight.png
If Ventus Link only had the cat suit.

coolgamer012345
coolgamer012345.png
The subscreen is gonna be remade and link will have a couple of items here in final version.

Shane
Shane.png
Where's my subscreen!?

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

Wow, very nice competition here. They're all so good! *nulls*

Also where's my subscreen!?

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

I voted for Shane for that superb layout.

But SHANE on you for not adding a subscreen!!!!  :blind:

*runs*

• Shane, Jared, Lightwulf and 1 other like this

#4 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

Turn out was pretty good, had a hard time picking one until I seen my old user name said *Engage self centered mode*

Dawnlight

Screenshot

If Ventus Link only had the cat suit.

I love that my old name is still being remembered. :P (Don't worry I'll be going back to it when I can change it again)

#5 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

Turnout is pretty good this week.  Nice work, everyone.

LunarRedMage: Really digging the layout here, it looks like a good starting screen.  My recommendation would be to not use the default DoR grass tile- use the ones that are more detailed.  The default one honestly clashes with everything else.

Avataro: While I'm not really liking the subscreen here, because the colors are kinda gaudy and the layout feels cramp and cluttered, it's lucky that this isn't subscreen of the week!  I actually really like the shot- the atmosphere speaks out to me, and I love all the little details- the floor spots that are darker, the random little bits of clutter here and there- nice attention to detail, it drew me in really well.  This is a solid shot, my vote goes here.

Dawnlight: Solid work.  Keep it up, you're wonderful at this.

coolgamer: This is a nice, basic screen.  It's not incredibly detailed, but it's also not too distracting, which I think is really good.  It does its job, and that's what matters.

Shane: You must have missed the memo, because when I was scrolling down and saw that it was a classic shot, I was still expecting to see DoR Link.  Anyway, the colors are fantastic here, they're calming and refreshing.  Really like your use of waterfalls, too, and the cattails are a nice touch.  This is an extremely close second, in my book.

If I could vote for any number of you, I would vote for all of you.

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

Hard decision, but I voted for LunarRedMage because of Link collapsing on a stump. I mean, I like it because it's very brightly coloured and looks really peaceful.

#7 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Voted for Avataro's screenshot. I really like LRM's screenshot too though (It would be second place). 

Edited by coolgamer012345, 06 January 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Wow, not even a day has gone and LunarRedMage is already taking the lead. I think we got another close competition for first place!

#9 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

• Avaro likes this

#10 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

I voted for Dawnlight. Great pallette.

#11 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

for the first time in a while, I don't like any of the screens. nulled.

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

for the first time in a while, I don't like any of the screens. nulled.

I nulled for the exact opposite reason.

I'm sorry I took the glass of null that was half full. I ended up leaving you with the glass of null that was half empty.
  • Avaro, Jared and coolgamer012345 like this

#13 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:04 AM

LunarRedMage: This is a very nice screen. I'm guessing it's part of an intro, perhaps? However, there are a few tile errors, and you ignored a few basic ZC "guidelines", such as having two tiles of walking space on each entry of the screen. 8/10.

Avataro: This one caught my eye a lot. The colors are very fitting, and the setting is perfection. You pulled off the temple in the sky concept absolutely perfectly. I also like the custom darkened "checkerboard" squares; it contributes to the overall feel! Very,very well done. 10/10.

Dawnlight: I love the palette and overall feel of the screen. It sort of reminds me of one of my old Betrayal's Witness screens! However, I don't feel very "sold" with the shot. Yes, there's a chest, but there's exactly anything that pops out and makes me think "Wow!". Keep in mind, I know this isn't always needed. Perhaps the screen isn't Screenshot of The Week material. 7/10.

Coolgamer012345: Pretty basic, but I can tell your screen design skills are starting to grow! Perhaps the switch to drop the roadblock is under ones of the pots? Very nice. I haven't seen a puzzle like that in a long time, to be honest. I appreciate the waterway coming from the wall as well. However, the walls are a bit bare (add some candles and/or pillars!), and the ground stone tiles are pretty lackluster and ugly in my opinion. But again, you're getting better. I'm proud of you this week! 7/10.

Shane: The screen is made beautifully, and I always love what you do with the waterfalls. I like how the Piece of Heart is over the river, it's like a direct motive of the screen. The plants in the water are nice accents as well, they look handmade!

What really blew me away was the color of the mountains. Purple can be a flashy or majestic color, depending on the shade. I personally think you picked a medium that does both sides justice! Well done. You turn boring, old Classic into something that can be greatly admired. 10/10.

For me this week, it was a decision between Avataro and Shane. Shane's pulled me in just a tad more. The purple, man. It pulls the screen together amazingly. Everyone did an amazing job this week; I give everyone a round of applause!

• Shane likes this

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

I'll be sure to make all my screens purple from now on.

#15 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

I'll be sure to make all my screens purple from now on.

Hey, the purple color on the mountains gives the screen a nice vibe to it. But, Shane, where is your subscreen?!

Shanewithsub_zpsb27a0190.png

Okay, there it is (fixed it for you, it's now 100% better :P jk) !!! :D
  • Shane likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shane, LunarRedMage, Avataro, Dawnlight, coolgamer012345

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users