Photo

Remembrance of Shadows- Help/Bug Topic

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#106 fraZ0R

fraZ0R

• Members

Posted 25 December 2022 - 10:25 AM

I am softlocked, due to a key door coming back! I've already opened this door, and fought Blaino, but when I came back, the door was locked again. Due to this, I no longer have enough keys to obtain the dungeon item.
Of note, is that I am playing on the latest 2.55 alpha, which could potentially be the cause of this.
Screenshot_1143.png
Screenshot_1144.png

#107 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 December 2022 - 05:03 PM

I am softlocked, due to a key door coming back! I've already opened this door, and fought Blaino, but when I came back, the door was locked again. Due to this, I no longer have enough keys to obtain the dungeon item.
Of note, is that I am playing on the latest 2.55 alpha, which could potentially be the cause of this.

I've looked into this. There's only one script running in that room and it shouldn't affect the locked door.

The door itself is merely a lock block and there's nothing in the script file which messed with those.

Most likely, this is a version issue which I don't know about. 

#108 derby77

derby77

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 February 2023 - 07:20 AM

Enjoying this quest (though some bosses are quite tough), I'm pretty sure I had the red bow tie and now it's blue. Could I have lost it somewhere and can I buy another?

#109 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 18 February 2023 - 10:10 PM

Enjoying this quest (though some bosses are quite tough), I'm pretty sure I had the red bow tie and now it's blue. Could I have lost it somewhere and can I buy another?

I think that you're probably referring to the level 2 Ribbon, which is a shield.

It is sold in a shop to the south of Animal Village.

It shouldn't have reverted to the level 1 Ribbon, since no enemies eat shields.

By any chance are you playing on a newer version than 2.53?

If so, this may have affected things in unanticipated ways.

You should still be able to get it back. Sorry for any inconvenience.

#110 derby77

derby77

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 20 February 2023 - 02:14 PM

I think that you're probably referring to the level 2 Ribbon, which is a shield.

It is sold in a shop to the south of Animal Village.

It shouldn't have reverted to the level 1 Ribbon, since no enemies eat shields.

By any chance are you playing on a newer version than 2.53?

If so, this may have affected things in unanticipated ways.

You should still be able to get it back. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Odd, I'm playing on 2.53 and I'm pretty sure I bought it from the shop, and it's no longer available. Is it possible or could I have missed something?

#111 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 01 March 2023 - 03:31 PM

The best way to know for sure would be to post a screenshot of your subscreen with the item you are asking about indicated.
You could also check the inventory via cheats, though I don't remember what they are at the moment. (I will check on that later)

#112 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 June 2023 - 05:20 PM

I'm replaying this on ZC 2.55 and it looks like I found a potential bug with regards to the heart piece drop when dashing into a tree on which an owl is perched. This happens on every such screen that has an owl perched on a tree.; it looks like the HCP appears on some layer that my character can't reach. As pictured, this is what happens when I dash at the tree from the north. If I dash from the west, the HCP appears in a slightly different spot, but still on a layer that I can't reach. Attempting to dash from the east or south results in my character simply bouncing off the tree and no event is triggered to cause a HCP to appear.

I'm playing on the latest version of the quest. When I played an old version back in 2021, but also on ZC 2.55 - I think - this bug with the HCP didn't occur.

pbOCheI.png

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 02 July 2023 - 04:43 PM.

#113 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 July 2023 - 04:41 PM

Now, unless the trading sequence has changed in the new version of the quest, it seems I have a problem with that as well.

After obtaining the 4th ocarina song, and completing the events to open the way to level 7, visiting Farore in the trendy game house - with the wrapped gift in hand - doesn't trigger the expected event with the magical mirror. One possible explanation I can think of is that I didn't obtain the wrapped gift before executing the events that open the way to level 7. For the record, I was still at the boxing glove point of the trading sequence when I obtained the 4th ocarina song and executed the subsequent events to open the way to level 7.

If the trading sequence has changed, I'm stumped about who might want the wrapped gift.

#114 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 02 July 2023 - 06:33 PM

I'm replaying this on ZC 2.55 and it looks like I found a potential bug with regards to the heart piece drop when dashing into a tree on which an owl is perched. This happens on every such screen that has an owl perched on a tree.; it looks like the HCP appears on some layer that my character can't reach. As pictured, this is what happens when I dash at the tree from the north. If I dash from the west, the HCP appears in a slightly different spot, but still on a layer that I can't reach. Attempting to dash from the east or south results in my character simply bouncing off the tree and no event is triggered to cause a HCP to appear.

I'm playing on the latest version of the quest. When I played an old version back in 2021, but also on ZC 2.55 - I think - this bug with the HCP didn't occur.

pbOCheI.png

The heart piece generated by this isn't on a layer at all.

What happens is the item is supposed to have a "jump" value whenever it is created.

Then, while that exists; the item moves in a direction opposite the one which you hit it from.

I remember that this one in particular has an issue where unless you hit the tree from a very specific direction, the item doesn't move far enough away for you to pick it up. Try dashing into the tree from the right side. 

Now, unless the trading sequence has changed in the new version of the quest, it seems I have a problem with that as well.

After obtaining the 4th ocarina song, and completing the events to open the way to level 7, visiting Farore in the trendy game house - with the wrapped gift in hand - doesn't trigger the expected event with the magical mirror. One possible explanation I can think of is that I didn't obtain the wrapped gift before executing the events that open the way to level 7. For the record, I was still at the boxing glove point of the trading sequence when I obtained the 4th ocarina song and executed the subsequent events to open the way to level 7.

If the trading sequence has changed, I'm stumped about who might want the wrapped gift.

After obtaining the 4th Ocarina song and visiting the Wind Fish, which triggers the arrival of Farore; there's an additional step required to trigger the final part of the trading sequence. It's easy to miss.

You must return to the Dream Shrine and visit the Wind Fish a second time.

Once you do, you can then visit Farore and conclude the trading sequence.

#115 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 July 2023 - 03:51 PM

The heart piece generated by this isn't on a layer at all.

What happens is the item is supposed to have a "jump" value whenever it is created.

Then, while that exists; the item moves in a direction opposite the one which you hit it from.

I remember that this one in particular has an issue where unless you hit the tree from a very specific direction, the item doesn't move far enough away for you to pick it up. Try dashing into the tree from the right side.

Dashing from the south or east into either of the two trees where the owl is perched doesn't cause the HCP to be created. The HCP only appears when I dash into either of the two trees from the north or west, but then the HCP spawns in a place that I can't reach.

After obtaining the 4th Ocarina song and visiting the Wind Fish, which triggers the arrival of Farore; there's an additional step required to trigger the final part of the trading sequence. It's easy to miss.

You must return to the Dream Shrine and visit the Wind Fish a second time.

Once you do, you can then visit Farore and conclude the trading sequence.

As I figured out, it was necessary to visit the wind fish that second time in order to be able to get past the fire-trap in the cave along the way to level 7 - so I did everything that should be necessary to conclude the trading sequence before level 7. Right now in the game, I've completed level 9 (wind fish's egg) and am doing post-game stuff. Trying to visit the dream shrine now causes a secret chime, but no dream event occurs. When I go to the trendy game house with the wrapped gift, no event occurs Farore continues to repeat something along the lines of "let me know when you you've found a way to get me off the island."

#116 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 July 2023 - 09:35 PM

Dashing from the south or east into either of the two trees where the owl is perched doesn't cause the HCP to be created. The HCP only appears when I dash into either of the two trees from the north or west, but then the HCP spawns in a place that I can't reach.

As I figured out, it was necessary to visit the wind fish that second time in order to be able to get past the fire-trap in the cave along the way to level 7 - so I did everything that should be necessary to conclude the trading sequence before level 7. Right now in the game, I've completed level 9 (wind fish's egg) and am doing post-game stuff. Trying to visit the dream shrine now causes a secret chime, but no dream event occurs. When I go to the trendy game house with the wrapped gift, no event occurs Farore continues to repeat something along the lines of "let me know when you you've found a way to get me off the island."

I may have to adjust those dash secrets, perhaps making it where you shatter the object and the item would be inside.

I'm not sure what's going on with the trading sequence.

The way it works internally is via a series of permanent secrets.

After you get the fourth song and visit the Wind Fish, then see the arrival of Farore; a secret activates which lets you see her inside the Trendy Game shop.

Then, inside the shop is a second secret which is triggered by the second visit to the Wind Fish.

That causes you to be sent to a duplicate shop which has a warp which is activated by having the Wrapped Present in your inventory.

There's a possibility that something in a 2.55 update has affected how item checks work or whether the item exists properly in the inventory.

Sadly,. this isn't the first time that I've had a report of an item mysteriously going missing or not working right.

#117 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 09 September 2023 - 10:20 AM

I'm replaying this and have gotten to level 5.  I'm trying to use the magnet, but I just verified that if I ever drag the metal ball slightly too high on the screen (which is required in some cases), ZC2.55 instantly crashes.  It's happened about a dozen times in a row.

#118 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 10 September 2023 - 09:42 AM

I am currently stuck in the secret chamber.  I got the mirror shield and have opened some locked door.  I have one key but I cannot find any locked doors to use it in that are accessible.  I should be very close in getting the big key.  Where is the big key?

Is the big key located on the upper left of the map on 3rd floor?  (I have dropped the bomb in the hole on the 4th floor at the topmost rooms, but the bomb does not appear in this room)

Edited by matski, 10 September 2023 - 09:42 AM.

#119 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 06 October 2023 - 09:08 PM

I am currently stuck in the secret chamber.  I got the mirror shield and have opened some locked door.  I have one key but I cannot find any locked doors to use it in that are accessible.  I should be very close in getting the big key.  Where is the big key?

Is the big key located on the upper left of the map on 3rd floor?  (I have dropped the bomb in the hole on the 4th floor at the topmost rooms, but the bomb does not appear in this room)

It is indeed located on the upper left side of the 3rd floor. However, the exact location you have to drop the bombs from is a little harder to describe. 

You have to warp in to the top of the 4th floor and then go down a bit to reach the bombs. That warp itself is behind two locked doors.

I'm not sure where you need to go to get the other key.

#120 hamsterboy3

hamsterboy3

• Members

Posted 04 February 2024 - 05:45 PM

I may have to adjust those dash secrets, perhaps making it where you shatter the object and the item would be inside.

I'm not sure what's going on with the trading sequence.

The way it works internally is via a series of permanent secrets.

After you get the fourth song and visit the Wind Fish, then see the arrival of Farore; a secret activates which lets you see her inside the Trendy Game shop.

Then, inside the shop is a second secret which is triggered by the second visit to the Wind Fish.

That causes you to be sent to a duplicate shop which has a warp which is activated by having the Wrapped Present in your inventory.

There's a possibility that something in a 2.55 update has affected how item checks work or whether the item exists properly in the inventory.

Sadly,. this isn't the first time that I've had a report of an item mysteriously going missing or not working right.

Is there a way around this? I've also run into this issue and have done everything else aside from the last couple of fairies and the secret corridor.

As for why this glitch happens, is it possible that the Wind Fish warp happened one after the other, causing one to glitch?

Edited by hamsterboy3, 04 February 2024 - 06:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users