Origin

Rating: 4.62/5 (55 ratings)
Photo

Origin (1st and 2nd quest re-envisioning)

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#1 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

I did not want to detract from Lost Isle's initial advertising, so I never did make a 'release' thread for this quest which was released at around the same time as Lost Isle and uses the same Lost Isle build, which you can find in these links:
GET THE LOST ISLE ZC BUILD HERE:
========================
http://www.sephiroth...-Isle-Build.zip
or here
http://edc-info.net/...-Isle-Build.zip
or here
http://www.zshare.ne...2803393d7c3d04/

For Linux users, here is your build link:
http://www.sephiroth...le-Build.tar.gz

And for our lovely mac users: http://www.sephiroth...e-Build-Mac.zip

For a description of the quest:
Hype Description:
This is a complete re-envisioning of Hyrule the way it was meant to be. Old places look new and unfamiliar, dungeons you have scoured many times in the past no longer bear the same treasures or the same design. Secrets that were once common knowledge have been lost and are hidden in new locations. The entire world has changed and you have to change with it if you want to survive. This is Legend of Zelda: Origin.

Developer Description:
Despite people commonly dismissing many remakes or revamps or in this case, re-envisioning of the original Zelda quests, this goes far beyond what you have ever seen for the 1st and 2nd quests. First off straight from the get-go you have a choice to either start the 1st or the 2nd quest in the same quest file. There is also an option for a 3rd xtreme quest after beating the second or straight from the get-go for those insane Gung-ho players. To top it off, you have selection of choice for which dungeons you want to play over the course of Xtreme 3rd. Three Quests in one, can you handle it?
Massive changes with everything built from scratch. Heart containers on the overworld are now divided into 15 HC Pieces, the remaining 5 scattered across mini-games which you must win to acquire them. New secret locations, new cave systems, new dungeon layouts that do not conform to the original in anything but shape, every single item in ZC is utilized and can be acquired, a new Dome of Trials has opened up in the world, the ability to save Zelda in a variety of ways and finally a special bonus challenge for those who manage to complete Xtreme 3rd. This is everything you've been wanting to see for the originals, but never saw previously in any quest thus far. This is Origin.

And now for some screenies:
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

And the download link to the quest:
http://www.purezc.com/Quests/q203.zip

This way, we can consolidate all 'questions' for this quest into one thread without people making a bunch of them for it. Enjoy!
  • Blizzard likes this

#2 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:49 PM

*raises hand*

Right here!

PM me the quest, and say what version. Any specific deadline, or just roughly 2 weeks?

#3 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:56 PM

Well, I suppose I could do it... considering it's my summer vacation, and I have nothing better to do, and I rarely ever work on my quests. And I've been doing nothing but play ZC quests. Count me in.

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

Guess I got my two unless these two somehow fail in the only two requirements I set out. icon_razz.gif
Just PM me your emails and you'll get both the specific beta t play it on and the quest itself.

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 27 June 2007 - 04:03 PM.

#5 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:32 PM

o.o; How 'bout me, DarkFlameWolf!

#6 Guest_shonox (Guest)

Guest_shonox (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:35 PM

You can have me as a bonus.

But, what version is it for? I don't have any betas, only 2.10

#7 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:46 PM

But, what version is it for? I don't have any betas, only 2.10

It's on a private beta that DFW is giving to the testers.

#8 Guest_shonox (Guest)

Guest_shonox (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:48 PM

So it involves downloading more than the quest... too lazy for that.

Good luck though =p

#9 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

No Sephiroth, we need your well-spent time devoted to Lost Isle. We have priorities here. Those testing Origin will focus on that quest, those testing Lost Isle will focus on that quest. We need YOU for Lost Isle. Splitting up time between the two of them would just slow things down.

#10 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

Hehe, jeeze DFW your like a well oiled machine! You got everything running so smoothly. Good luck with getting your quests out soon!

#11 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jun 27 2007, 08:14 PM) View Post

No Sephiroth, we need your well-spent time devoted to Lost Isle. We have priorities here. Those testing Origin will focus on that quest, those testing Lost Isle will focus on that quest. We need YOU for Lost Isle. Splitting up time between the two of them would just slow things down.

I see. Alrighty then. icon_razz.gif

#12 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:16 PM

May I test Origin please?

#13 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:38 PM

sorry the spots are filled. You'll get to play it soon when its released.

#14 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:48 PM

oh well.

Edited by bringer of destruction, 30 June 2007 - 08:49 PM.

#15 shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:16 AM

how's testing going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users