Photo

MoTM 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Poll: MoTM 2 (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

Okay! I had to post this one day earlier, because I won't have access to the internet tomorrow. Or the day after that, for that matter... I would have let Joe123 hold it, but since it's only one or two days earlier, I don't think it matters... And I can't wait to show you all these awesome maps I've gotten from you folks! This week has some awesome stuff...
So let's get on to business, shall we?

Here we go:

Joe123:
http://img47.imagesh...4/joe123vr0.png

Xiion:
http://img87.imagesh...72/xiionrv3.gif

CastChaos:
http://img65.imagesh...astchaossv8.png

Billy Ronald:
http://img65.imagesh...lyronaldwc4.jpg
South Hyrule Feild Scorry for the JPG

Migokalle:
http://img142.images...igomotm2il6.gif
The Great Forest

Nicklegends:
http://img142.images...ndsmotm2xe9.gif

So... you all know what to do! May the best map win!

Migo out.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot the poll, and even Nicklegends submission... Sorry for this...
Could one with the power edit in the poll? Thanks!

#2 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:49 AM

I wouldn't usually vote due to the fact that I'm participating, but Migo's map is so good, I voted for it anyway.

EDIT: Except actually I didn't, cause you forgot the poll Migo ;-)

Woo!
We have poll!

Edited by Joe123, 30 May 2008 - 09:37 AM.

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:03 AM

XD
Yeah... I remembered that when I was taking a shower... Now, it's good, cause I also forgot one more contestant... So it's all good!
But thanks for the ''vote'' anyways. Haha!

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:10 AM

you entered a partial part of this map before Amigo, so why would I vote for it again in another poll? My vote has to go for Xinon for his excellent use of Classic to create depth and height to classic mountains. A hard feat in itself. Very well done, so my vote goes to him for doing something new with something very old.

#5 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:13 AM

Hmm... I never entered it in MotM :3 *shot*
But yeah, Xiion's is awesome!

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:37 AM

Joe123:
Nicely detailed desert, good layout and palette, loved transparent water at the northeast.

Xiion:
Perfection! You not only make Classic wonderful, the design, detail, layout, feeling and everything is... is... perfect! Those little "islands" and that watery part feel so good...

Billy Ronald:
Very nice layout. Altough the middle bottom needs ground detail, this map is full of interesting things, like the chest in the mini island, the long pond on the hill (with barrel in it), etc. I love your ideas.

Migokalle:
Ah, you are the guy with the forest quest! Yes, grade A. Or grade S (super). Ultimately nice things there. I love the castle, too. Altough, it's funny that there are wood pieces and a few rubbles despite the fact that the castle, itself is in perfect condition. Also, if it's Deepwoods shrine, then shouldn't it be 1000 times taller and have a sword at the top? Like I did with my extra tall dungeon: place the entrance on the northest row, so you can cut off the tallness. No, don't redesign the entire map now.

Nicklegends:
The layout is VERY good, but the ground detail is extremely low and repetitive (just some simmetrically placed grass... eh...) and all ground trees are the same (eve the colour... eh...). Well, call it a map base, will ya?

If I hadn't entered, I would vote for Xiion, for this Classic wonderfulness!

Edited by CastChaos, 30 May 2008 - 06:43 AM.

#7 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:41 AM

Heh... Well, it should... but you won't actually see the back of the castle when playing... I just like to make the screen, even though it won't be shown :3
Now, I know the temple is in perfect condition... and.. it really isn't that ruined inside either... just overgrown... the pieces of wood is from the top of the tower, since there's big wooden poles holding ceratin things up... but you won't see that... only hear about it :3

#8 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:22 AM

Added poll for you. icon_wink.gif
You guys might want to add your votes now.

#9 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

I voted for CastChaos. Because...

#10 Tatsudoshi

Tatsudoshi

Senior

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

Normally, I don't usually vote/comment on these, but I seriously felt compelled to place my vote on Xiion's. The way the map looks and how it's set up makes Classic look awesome. Plus, he used a few neat-looking custom tiles in there without making everything look cramped. Good job. icon_thumbsup.gif

#11 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:48 AM

Oi!

I voted for Migokalle but my vote's been taken off!
It won't let me vote again either, who's done that?!

Edited by Joe123, 30 May 2008 - 09:48 AM.

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:57 AM

I went for Xion, because using classic cliffs Gameboy fashion is just amazing.

#13 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

Voted for Migo.

Joe- Fantastic desert. I've seen it before, but its design is still very very good. If all of the overworld areas in KttH are this good, then it will be a very good game indeed.

Xiion- I absolutely love how you used the Classic Mountains. They look like new mountains altogether, and the detail tiles(especially in the water) are fantastic. The one think about the mountains that I dislike is that the forward facing mountains are completely unedited, and therefore they don't seem to fit with your corner pieces, which seem to use a lot more black.

Castchaos- The castle is too big! You can't show a map like that! icon_smile.gif (Even though LttP did it.) And although the tiles in the town are cool, the actual concept of it borders on silly. There's nothing really overly wrong with the map, it's still a good map, it just doesn't blow me away.

Billy Ronald- It's very small. The colors in the trees are very odd. It's nothing particularly special, sorry. Nothing bad either, though.

Migokalle- You've finally fricking finished it, eh? Well, it's amazing. I love the water and the castle and the forest and everything else. Bravo.

Nicklegends- The design is good, but the nighttime makes it kind of hard to see. Some of the grass parts get a little repetitive- I'd recommend adding something to the grassy parts to make the trees seem a little less random. Still, a good map.

#14 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

Xiion's map is so awesome. I am in love. Please do me and a favor and release this tileset once you are finished, I want to make a game with those tiles. <3 <3 <3

Anyways, this goes between Xiion and Migo. And Xiion's map just makes me drool. So that is where my vote goes. *drools*

#15 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

Xiion all the way! Never have I even been impressed at all with classic's graphics and it was on this day you've proved me wrong! Man, like Shoelace said, release the tileset when you're done. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users