Photo

The Adventure of Kain Help

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#106 DarthHitomi

DarthHitomi

• Members

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

Could not find an item in the Dwarf Mines but did beat the boss.  I'm not sure where to go next.  I think I found some optional areas:  Ghast Caverns(can't go anywhere), Magic Upgrade, Western M Cave,  and I'm very close to beating the dragon in the Desert Dungeon if I get really really lucky with hits.

I did finish the Forest Ruins, slash and Mountain Caverns as well.

#107 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:10 PM

The ghost caverns is closed intil they are finished.
Like a few other places Western m cave also i belive.

The item is close to the start on the dwarf caves look at the map for rooms.

Try the magic upgrade! For item and upgrade.

#108 Zolias

Zolias

Retired Darknut Captain; Apprentice Wizrobe

• Members

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

I just finished the game... all but 1 heart container was obtained (23 hearts in my life bar), 16 hours (2 hours were spent searching for the lens and the wand) and only 1 death (accidentally had F1 pressed before getting caught in a Like Like that sucked away my health in seconds; dumb, but I'm counting it lol).  Missed the Cane and the Black Sword, but pretty sure I got everything else, maybe except for 1 magic container.

Also, yeah... it was the wand that opened that rock, so searching for the wand was a good play on my part.

Also liked the slight nostalgia I got from Lv 9 lol

• judasrising, dr_henke and Epsalon ZX like this

#109 DarthHitomi

DarthHitomi

• Members

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:55 PM

Spoiler

I think I've done all the optional areas I can.  I have not beaten the game yet.

• dr_henke likes this

#110 Zolias

Zolias

• Members

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:29 PM

Spoiler

I think I've done all the optional areas I can.  I have not beaten the game yet.

Spoiler

Edited by Zolias, 22 January 2019 - 11:30 PM.

#111 DarthHitomi

DarthHitomi

• Members

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

I've beaten the game.  Is lvl 9 really that small?  Only found a big key and nothing else.  

I'm only missing 4 items.  I look forward to when Ghost/Ghast Caverns are finished.  I have found the lens, 3 magical orbs,  Wand.

Choice of music is very good.  More people need to use Shadowgate music. I recognized some from mega man 2 as well.  Keep up the good work.

• dr_henke and Bagu like this

#112 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:46 AM

Spoiler

It burns even more soon. You can end up there in a lot of diffrent ways.
Have you found the game testning ground? Nothing to find there but still...
Soon there will be a few more longer caves that you can use as short cuts. And I'm thinking of a making a library for late game clues. Also there will be a slightly enlargement of the dwarf lands and more.
I made some new sprites so we will see...

I've beaten the game.  Is lvl 9 really that small?  Only found a big key and nothing else.  

I'm only missing 4 items.  I look forward to when Ghost/Ghast Caverns are finished.  I have found the lens, 3 magical orbs,  Wand.

Choice of music is very good.  More people need to use Shadowgate music. I recognized some from mega man 2 as well.  Keep up the good work.

Lvl 9 is 60 rooms and 8 extra i would guess. So 65-70 rooms.
But some of these are then used for cutsceenes
You can find 2 items there.

You found a lot of difficult things!
Was the game too easy?

Thanks for the music comment, not much people comment on that. There is s list of music in the readme.
Shadowgate was like the only nes game translated to swedish so i played it a lot as kid.

There is lots of nes music remixes, I love the doctor Willy stage music in level 8.

Thanks for playing, I will continue development for sure!

#113 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:41 AM

I just finished the game... all but 1 heart container was obtained (23 hearts in my life bar), 16 hours (2 hours were spent searching for the lens and the wand) and only 1 death (accidentally had F1 pressed before getting caught in a Like Like that sucked away my health in seconds; dumb, but I'm counting it lol).  Missed the Cane and the Black Sword, but pretty sure I got everything else, maybe except for 1 magic container.

Also, yeah... it was the wand that opened that rock, so searching for the wand was a good play on my part.

Also liked the slight nostalgia I got from Lv 9 lol

Wow 23 hearts i think that is record, and that time!
Luckily i had the boosted like like kill you, but only once, impressive. So is the game too easy you think?

Lvl 9 was mostly me running out of ideas.
Really all of the game has zelda1 map in the background but super reworked.
Thanks for playing! Soon there will be better spelling and a few new places.

#114 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

23 1/2 hearts but I took forever.

Edited by Gendof, 24 January 2019 - 12:55 PM.

#115 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:12 PM

23 1/2 hearts but I took forever.

Could be record! Thanks for trying. Only 2 small pieces left.

#116 DarthHitomi

DarthHitomi

• Members

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

lvl 9 has 60 rooms? I only found 3 or 4.  I would say the game's difficultly is intermediate.  Is there any way to get past npc in lvl 9?  (The one that says your unworthy and its in the room of fire and spike traps).  I did beat lvl 9 btw.  I've only found 4 magic containers thus far.

I'm only missing the black sword, the staff,  a type of arrow, and what the top most right item is.  Does the hammer have a lvl 2 form?

https://imgur.com/a/Sz9hANt

Edited by DarthHitomi, 24 January 2019 - 03:48 PM.

#117 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:19 PM

DarthHitomi you found the secret short cut... It should be closed by now there should be blocks in the teleport room. Do you have an older version of the quest?
Download the latest one in that case.
You must have all 8 triforce pieces to pass that guy.

Yes you miss lvl 2 Hammer and arrow from lvl 9.
Anyway you guys are really good at finfint stuff! Thanks for playing!

#118 Zolias

Zolias

• Members

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:09 AM

Wow 23 hearts i think that is record, and that time!
Luckily i had the boosted like like kill you, but only once, impressive. So is the game too easy you think?

Lvl 9 was mostly me running out of ideas.
Really all of the game has zelda1 map in the background but super reworked.
Thanks for playing! Soon there will be better spelling and a few new places.

If I didn't F6 in time, I'd probably have 5 or 6 deaths under my belt from dogs alone in the early game when I didn't know what I was doing at all lol  If you wanna count those, then 6-7 lol

#119 Voxren

Voxren

Silver Dragon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:19 AM

So I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but I found Level 6's entrance, bombed the rock and nothing happens. I checked and it makes a clink but it won't blow up for me. I perhaps wasn't playing on the latest version, but did switch it and it still doesn't work.

#120 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:05 AM

So I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but I found Level 6's entrance, bombed the rock and nothing happens. I checked and it makes a clink but it won't blow up for me. I perhaps wasn't playing on the latest version, but did switch it and it still doesn't work.

Are you using a regular bomb or super bomb? You need a super bomb to blow up the rock.

• dr_henke likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users