January 2020 Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 satokoaddict96

satokoaddict96

.qst

• Members

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:19 PM

At this point I'm very scared about this going dead project mode, cause it already is despite how far I am into this project.

7 out of 10 dungeons are finished and the entire overworld is 100% done, it's just missing a lot of caves/subareas. So why am I calling it a dead project when it's actually nearly finished? Well, I've been trying hard to motivate myself into finishing the remaining parts, but the same problems remain. I am all out of ideas, it's frustrating to work with ZQuest when it doens't want to work for whatever reason, and most important of all I have absolutely no motivation for working on this for the past couple of months, and this seems to be a continuous trend for me once I've been away from working on it for so long.

All I can say is that it could take another couple of months or even years before I regain interest. It's just fully on halt for now and hopefully I'll come back sometime this year and upload the damn thing.
  • PixElvis likes this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:55 PM

It's okay to step away from something for a few months. Burn out is quite common, and this happens to a lot of people. I'd say don't worry about it so much. People tend to put too much pressure on themselves without realizing it when it comes to this little hobby of ours. It's easy to become overly critical of your own work especially if you are the only person working on it, and doing everything. Take as much or as little time as you need. ZC isn't going anywhere.

• satokoaddict96 likes this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:33 AM

Burn out is quite common, and this happens to a lot of people.

cries in AR3

But yeah, pretty much what Anthus said, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you haven't got the motivation, then don't force yourself. I always try to let the inspiration and motivation to come back naturally or after quite an extended break.

• Anthus, PixElvis and satokoaddict96 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users