Photo

Screenshot of the Week 401

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 401 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

justin
IPB Image
OK I gots my hookshot, now if I only knew who Archimedes was...

Jared
IPB Image
I want in.

Franky
IPB Image
Inside a temple in the sky.

Koh
IPB Image
I'm no expert Link, but I don't think you can read it from that side. Also, I still need to update the ground tiles, y'all.

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

WHAT? ONLY FOUR ENTRIES!?

icon_razz.gif

I'm voting for Koh. The grass and dirt could be less uniform and I don't like how disproportionate the stumps are compared to the topped trees, but the screen as a whole is pretty refreshing. Good enough for me.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

My vote went to Jared. The building may a weird cut off, but the design is most pleasing and there is a unique atmosphere. icon_thumbsup.gif

justin: Overworld Palettes do not go with dungeon screens!!! icon_razz.gif There are some weird perspective issues going on with the lower walls, but the design is good and works for a quest.

Franky: The clouds didn't really suggest it was in the sky, but it does look good both sprites and design. The lack of spikes to floor transition tiles kind of bothers me, and I'm sure adding some would look better.

Koh: A major improvement for sure. I'm starting to like the tiles and the palette looks sweet. But the over usage of the bushes kills the design for me.

#4 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Jared takes the cake. And my innocence

Good job everyone else.

#5 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

voted franky jared's was good but up close it looked not as good.

#6 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Ended up voting for Jared. There's minor issues I'd do different, but that much is a given anyways (like, we are two different persons so we can't probably have the same style, right?). I almost voted for justin because I really dig that brown and blue color theme. Something about the pushblocks looks random to me, though (while, yes, I understand their purpose). Also, it has this "been there, done that" feeling most DoR screens nowadays have.

Edited by Sheik, 12 March 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#7 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(Shane @ Mar 12 2013, 01:16 AM) View Post

justin: Overworld Palettes do not go with dungeon screens!!! icon_razz.gif There are some weird perspective issues going on with the lower walls, but the design is good and works for a quest.

the palette is a dungeon palette - Underground River, comes packed with DoR. Though, since colours are my weakness, if you had some suggestions about what specifically makes it scream Overworld to you I'd appreciate it.

@Sheik - I realized after posting that the pushblock puzzle would have worked better if the two top blocks were moved left 1 space each.

#8 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

I voted for Koh. It's something different in this world of DoR screenshots.

And I think something is getting a little evil in this sotw..

#9 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

This was a tough one, but in the end I had to vote for Jared. The screen layout was pretty good, but what did it for me was the wonderful passive subscreen. You may have had that in place for past entries, but this is my first time voting, so I was really impressed.

justin: I was torn between yours and Jared's. The palette didn't bother me like it did another voter, and I love the contrast between the blues and browns that makes the screen pop out. Looks great!

Franky: I like the tileset and the screen looks nice. However, I don't get a real sense of "sky" from the screenshot and it feels like not a lot's going on.

Koh: I know how much work you've been putting into that tileset, and it's looking great. But this screen itself wasn't very exciting without enemies or more variety beyond trees, bushes and grass.

Great entries, everyone. icon_smile.gif

#10 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

You know what? I'm going to do something different.

I pick justin's shot because the room actually has practicality - Something you rarely see in a screenshot at times. We get too many shots that just serve as transitional areas, you know?

#11 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hmm...looks like this one will be a close one...my vote's going for Justin. The awesome custom keese were the tiebreaker for me. icon_biggrin.gif

#12 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(DragonDePlatino @ Mar 13 2013, 09:21 PM) View Post

Hmm...looks like this one will be a close one...my vote's going for Justin. The awesome custom keese were the tiebreaker for me. icon_biggrin.gif

They aren't custom; they're Batmo from the Mana series. Not hating or anything, just pointing out the source.

#13 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

I admit I picked the wrong shot to show off the sky aspect of this dungeon. But again, it was to save the contest. icon_smile.gif

#14 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Went with Jared this week.

As for Koh, I second what Aevin said. The custom work you've done is coming along nicely, but that's kinda all there is. The subscreen hasn't been touched, no enemies yet, and only showing the basic tiles we've seen in your thread. Design-wise it's a nice screen, but there's not enough going on to consider it for SOTW.

#15 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

justin - 8 votes = 18.18%
Jared - 15 votes = 34.09%
Franky - 9 votes = 20.45%
Koh - 12 votes = 27.27%

Total Votes: 44

Jared
IPB Image