Photo

Screenshot of the Week 397

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 397 (58 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

nicklegends
IPB Image
Link is no longer lost in the desert!

demonlink14
IPB Image
Holy cow! An upgraded version of Hyrule Field!

Moosh
IPB Image
It's time for a social expirement.

#2 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

The number of votes seems pretty even this week. :o

Nicklegends: While the simplicity of the shot is good, the sand bar in the middle of the screen bugs me to no end. x-x

Demonlink: Entrance from the north part of the screen seems incredibly obstructed. I'd consider messing with the shape of that cliff so that doesn't happen.

Moosh: "IN THE DREAMWORLD, AN EGG APPEARED AND WAS SURROUNDED BY A DAYCARE CENTER WITH SKITTIES, WAILORDS, AN ENTIRE BREEDING FARM. BUT VERILY, IT MUST BE THE NATURE OF POKEMONSEXYTIME TO END. WHEN I DOST AWAKEN, THE EGG WILL BE GONE..... ONLY THE MOVES OF THE FATHER WILL EXIST IN THE WAKING BABY POKEMON..... SOMEDAY, THOU MAY RECALL THIS TEDIUM. THAT MEMORY MUST BE THE REAL REASON TO USE AN EVERSTONE."

I voted for Moosh. I had more fun with that screenshot than I should have. >__> <__<

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

I voted for nicklegends, good shot!

#4 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Nicklegends: This is a pretty decent screen by my standards. Good amount of walkable area and bush placement, I would enjoy playing through this screen. My only problems is the sandbar, which looks like an eyesore and that the pallet is a bit of an eyesore (is this a Labryinna one?) 6/10.

demonlink14: I like this one. I like the feel of it, especially how the bushes and trees are arranged. However, I would recommend you to not use this many different kinds of trees - 1 or 2 should be enough. Same with the bushes. The screen could do with a little more open space, though. 7/10. I voted here.

Moosh: No. You are not funny. 0/10.

Edited by Orin XD, 06 February 2013 - 01:09 AM.

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Feb 6 2013, 03:38 PM) View Post

the pallet is a bit of an eyesore

Where's the pallet in nicklegend's shot? icon_deformed.gif

#6 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Feb 5 2013, 10:08 PM) View Post
My only problems is the sandbar, which looks like an eyesore and that the pallet is a bit of an eyesore (is this a Labryinna one?) 6/10.

I agree that it's too bright, but I wanted to maintain the same palette I used last week for continuity's sake. And yes, it's the default Labrynna palette.

#7 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

nicklegends: This is a real beauty of a screen. I love the palette, especially.

demonlink14: This is an average shot. It looks nice and there's nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't seem to stick out to me.

Moosh: I don't know what's going on and I'm a little scared but also slightly aroused.

nicklegends gets my vote for the second week in a row; keep up the good work. Also, I don't know what's funnier, the joke shots that get submitted to SotW or the inevitable shitstorm that ensues every time. Keep that up too.

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Feb 6 2013, 01:08 AM) View Post

Moosh: No. You are not funny. 0/10.

So seeing as people evidently don't find my cutscenes funny, I guess I might as well cancel Link's Quest for the Hookshot 3: On Wings of Stunfisk. The Wind Fisk was going to be an integral part of the game's plot and without it the whole thing kinda falls apart...I'm glad I submitted here to test the water seeing as apparently my humor just isn't what it used to be. I might try again some day, but I probably won't any time soon. I have to admit this is a rather fatal blow to my pride...My humor was what I built my identity around...If all that was a lie, I just feel...Empty...

Anyways, Nicklegends shot this week is pretty good. Is that the beginnings of a jungle I see? Demonlink's shot...I just can't get into. Something about it just feels off. I think it might be the straight line of slashables and the solid combos near the edge of the screen.

Edited by Moosh, 06 February 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#9 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

demonlink114 got my vote.

nicklegends - It looks awesome, but I'm not really digging the sand which is layered up on the left side of the screen.

Moosh - Is that the ending to Quest for the Hookshot 2? icon_heh.gif

Edited by Dawnlight, 06 February 2013 - 08:35 AM.

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Feb 6 2013, 08:35 AM) View Post

Moosh - Is that the ending to Quest for the Hookshot 2? icon_heh.gif

Nopelol. Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2 was done in the Classic set. The whole series was rather disconnected. It's probably for the best that I put it aside and work on something more serious.

Clarifying Edit: LQftH 2 isn't actually released yet. It's more or less finished, but it's still being tested and there are still a couple midis I need.

Edited by Moosh, 06 February 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#11 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Feb 6 2013, 01:08 AM) View Post

Moosh: Yes. You are hilarious. 10/10.
Fixed.

Anyways it should be pretty obvious who I voted for. Moosh, in case you pea brains can't tell!

uh...yeah. icon_heh.gif

#12 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

i voted for the nicklegends,i liked the desert screen shot

#13 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Voted for Moosh, That has to be one of the best Screenshots of a cutscene I've seen in awhile.

#14 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Moosh is best winner deserve cake and fries yes.

#15 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

My, got pretty good contestants this week!

Nicklegends, nice improvement on that oasis screen.

Moosh, pretty nice and funny wind fish. Good job

By the way, as far as I see, my screenshot hasn't got very much voters, right now the most popular is Nicklegends. Still, I'll try to improve my screen designing skills, since I have been improving bit by bit...

Edited by demonlink14, 06 February 2013 - 09:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users