Quest with gay characters?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

Sometimes, I am sorry to say, but I wouldn't doubt Link is maybe a little gay too at times. Lol

#17 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(NewJourneysFire @ Jul 8 2012, 07:34 PM) View Post

Sometimes, I am sorry to say, but I wouldn't doubt Link is maybe a little gay too at times. Lol

What Zelda games have you bee playing? O_o
Elaborate.

#18 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

Well there have been a lot of Zelda characters that certainly seemed to be homosexual:

Ankle, Knuckle, David Jr. in WW (not sure about David Jr.)
Bagu in Zelda II (just kidding)
Dodoh in SS (not sure)
Falbi in TP (beyond reasonable doubt)
Fyer in TP (maybe, maybe not)
Ghirahim in SS
Ichiro, Jiro, Sabooro, Shiro (the slacker carpenters)
Nudge in WW
Tingle (not in MM, but ever since WW)
Tott in WW
Vasu (Oracle Games)

Flamboyant ≠ homosexual. I know, it's shocking.

These characters are flamboyant not because they are gay but because there's a sylistic device such as 'comic relief' which videogames with a (sometimes) whimsical tone like to use. In other cases that personality trait is added to a character to give them more depth.

I don't mean to break a debate loose, but I felt this needed to be said.

Edited by Yoshimi, 09 July 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#19 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Meh, I think it's up interpretation. But feel free to your own perspective.

#20 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Link is totally gay.

He goes on a quest and has a bunch of girls fall for them and doesn't show the slightest interest. He wears a skirt, bracelets, earrings, and don't get me started on the boots. Face it, he's queer without fear.

#21 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE(SUCCESSOR @ Jul 9 2012, 05:18 PM) View Post
He goes on a quest and has a bunch of girls fall for them and doesn't show the slightest interest.
Yes of course, you've hit that one dead on the nose. who is Saria? I have never heard of such a person. Certainly she is not important, let alone the very reason Link 'ignored' Zelda, Malon and the Zora Princess. And as we all know, Link is NOT AT ALL loyal.

Do continue, I so love hearing your completely legitimate and flawless arguments

QUOTE(SUCCESSOR @ Jul 9 2012, 05:18 PM) View Post
He wears a skirt, bracelets, earrings, and don't get me started on the boots. Face it, he's queer without fear.
Because of course, choice of apparel is 100% relevant to one's choice of significant other.

Edited by DavidReinold, 09 July 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#22 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Whoa DR. You need to chill. You're falling for an obvious troll here.

#23 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(SUCCESSOR @ Jul 10 2012, 07:48 AM) View Post

He goes on a quest and has a bunch of girls fall for them and doesn't show the slightest interest.

Play Skyward Sword, your argument is invalid.

QUOTE(SUCCESSOR @ Jul 10 2012, 07:48 AM) View Post

He wears a skirt

He wears a tunic, your argument is invalid.

Edited by Shane, 09 July 2012 - 10:59 PM.

• Jenny likes this

#24 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

I think that maybe a few people are taking this topic too seriously. They are just video game characters. Who cares who we think might be gay or not gay. Does it really matter?

#25 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

Yes

#26 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Jul 9 2012, 10:02 PM) View Post

I think that maybe a few people are taking this topic too seriously. They are just video game characters. Who cares who we think might be gay or not gay. Does it really matter?

YESBECAUSEIFLINKWEREGAYI'DHAVETOSTOPPLAYINGZELDALIKEISTOPPEDEATINGOREOS!!!

Kidding obviously. I really don't get how this topic got to be two pages long or how it got so far off topic...

Anyways, I think you should do what you want with your quest. If you want to use it to support gay rights, more power to you.

#27 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Yeah, this isn't really about link being gay or not, or even about 'what makes a video game character gay'. Didn't mean to start a big debate about that. I will say however, that comic relief using flamboyance can go either way, and you can see examples of both gay characters that are supposed to be funny because they're so flaming AND just general flamboyance in a character in older movies. In the 90's it transitioned to the 'deep and depressed, still-in-the-closet' typecast and since 2000, gay characters have become slightly more realistic in that being gay doesn't chain you to a personality type. I will also say that one of my friends loves to dress up in women's clothes and is completely straight. Yeah, I think it's a bit weird, but we all have our quirks.

#28 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE(peteandwally @ Jul 10 2012, 10:26 AM) View Post

Yeah, this isn't really about link being gay or not, or even about 'what makes a video game character gay'. Didn't mean to start a big debate about that. I will say however, that comic relief using flamboyance can go either way, and you can see examples of both gay characters that are supposed to be funny because they're so flaming AND just general flamboyance in a character in older movies. In the 90's it transitioned to the 'deep and depressed, still-in-the-closet' typecast and since 2000, gay characters have become slightly more realistic in that being gay doesn't chain you to a personality type. I will also say that one of my friends loves to dress up in women's clothes and is completely straight. Yeah, I think it's a bit weird, but we all have our quirks.

In ancient Greece, both men and women wore outfits not too different from dresses (togas.) I believe the same can also be said of the Romans.

#29 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Jul 10 2012, 01:19 AM) View Post

YESBECAUSEIFLINKWEREGAYI'DHAVETOSTOPPLAYINGZELDALIKEISTOPPEDEATINGOREOS!!!

LMAO! You mind if i quote you on this?

Sorry for being an "obvious troll" guys. In all seriousness if you care if a video game character is gay or not you need to have a talk with a therapist. Who cares if you if a fictional character is gay?! Or if someone chooses to make a quests involving topics of homosexuality, big whoop! Honestly, don't be so gay about it!

Shane: Played SS, Link is still gay...

#30 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(SUCCESSOR @ Jul 10 2012, 11:35 AM) View Post

LMAO! You mind if i quote you on this?

Sure, go ahead. I have to admit, Skyward Sword link was probably the most feminine Link yet. I mean he wears earings! Sure, they protect him from fire, but they're still earings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users