[RP] The Search for Elddan

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

OOC: I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use SimBattle like this, but I am. Basically, it's going to be an adventure type thread, going to the Chaos Realm. Alestance, you're job will be to throw whatever obstacles you want in our way. Schwa, you can come in when I give the signal for it (which you should be able to pick up). Now let's see SimBattle go adventure style!

The young teen paces back and forth through his room, with a worried look on his face. Outside, in the peaceful suburb of Onnet, twilight is setting in. It is only noon. "I don't get it, I just don't get it. Why is this happening?" Dawn had broken at seven that morning, give the town only 5 hours of daylight. Ness continues his pace.

Meanwhile, another boy, slightly younger, approaches the window from outside. "Ness, are you in there?"

Ness approaches the window, and leaned out. "Lucas, something isn't right here. Ever since Elddan left for the Chaos Realm, the days have been getting shorter, and the nights longer. And, I haven't been able to contact John or Phoenix since then. I know something's wrong, and I won't rest until I figure out what."

"Why is it that I get the feeling that neither will I?" Lucas moaned as he walks towards the door. Ness's mother let's him in, and he runs up to Ness's room. "So you haven't been able to reach them telepathically?"

"No, it's like there's a brick wall blocking me. I just don't get it."

OOC: This would be the time from John and Phoenix to enter the story.

#2 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

Just then, John and his brother, James, reached Ness's house. Seeing Ness and Lucas upstairs, John made an airbending-powered high jump through Ness's window. James quickly followed.

John: Hey, Ness. Tetra said there was something important going on? Something about Elddan?
James: It sure is getting dark.
John turns around.
John: Way to point out the obvious.
James: I'm just saying, something doesn't feel right. It's noon, and in the middle of August! It shouldn't be sunset until like 10!
John: Yeah... You know anything about this, Ness?

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

Lucas stares at them for a moment, then says, "Hey, long time no see. Actually, we were just talking about you two."

"It would appear," Ness says, "That ever since Elddan departed for the Chaos Realm, the days here have been getting shorter and shorter. So, I think we should try to find Elddan. I was worried from the beginning when he left. Now I fear the worse. So Lucas and I are going to try to enter the Chaos Realm and find him. Which is why we need your help. As Elddan said, the atmosphere there would kill any normal mortal. However, since you two have bending abilities, you should be able to surround is in an air bubble that will last long enough for us to find Elddan. So, are you in?"

#4 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

James: I'm in, all right. In fact...
He pulls out a white crystal, similar in size to a Rupee.
James: I brought along this crystal to protect us.
John: He got the idea from my girlfriend's mom. We're both pretty sure it will work.
James: Are Pheonix, Tallius, and Paula coming, too?

OOC: The crystal James has is a light crystal from Metroid Prime 2. It creates a safe zome around it that will protect the group from... whatever that atmosphere is.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

"Pheonix will be coming if I can manage to find him. Whenever I try to reach him telepathically, I just get a mental block. As for Paula, she's on vacation, so she won't be coming."

OOC: Tallius will not be coming, since Ness and Lucas don't even know him. icon_smile.gif However, I have an important role for one onf Schwa's RP characters...

#6 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

[OOC: Just so you know, Order is basically a composition of Dark and Light energies, since Levos and Umbra both are the Lesser Gods of Order, they work similarly to Yin and Yang, never truly one being, but never truly unique beings, both having to do with different opposing characteristics, but in the end working for the same goal. Pheonix's order spells can't actually create the vortex like a burst of Dark and Light energy colliding can, perhaps you can come up with another way to create another way for yourself...

Another thing you need to know is that the Chaos Realm is actually several different universes all linked. It takes the form of a Labyrinth. Unless you don't like that idea, the world is going to play like The Maze, old text based games which would require certain conditions to progress into the next stage of the labyrinth. Just to give you a huge heads up. We can skip a majority of it if you think you'd want to.]

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:39 PM

OOC: The Chaos Realm is a maze? It sounds a lot like the Great Maze from Brawl. That part's going to be interesting. BTW, are you okay with the role of throwing obstacles in our path?

#8 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

OOC:Only if you feel like going through a giant maze, otherwise there won't be many obstacles I can throw your way. I won't exactly explain it until you're already there, but you'll see what I mean.

Also, I wouldn't mind saying that Chuziw and Tabuu COULD be the same entity. Subspace and The Chaos Realm have a lot in common, but the whole idea of the Chaos Realm was created long before I've had a copy of Brawl, I also will say that I've had few spoilers of Brawl outside of what characters are in it, and some game-play videos. Infact the Chaos Realm idea came along back in September 2007

Edited by Alestance, 09 August 2008 - 10:15 PM.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

OOC: Okay, it's looks like we'll be going through a big maze. icon_smile.gif

#10 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:22 PM

OOC: You know it would've been a LOT nicer if I got a PM about this thread before it started. icon_dead.gif But ah well. I'm guessing I use Yinns, right? When do I come in exactly? You said there'll be a signal but I'm not sure I've seen one yet and I don't know what to look for.

Anyway, good luck with this; I'll help out how I can, but expect me to nitpick if I catch you making a DM mistake. icon_wink.gif

#11 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:25 PM

Heres some of the story ideas from December 22. No, Shadow One is NOT Chuziw. It also has my original name Master of Power, and another of the original Random Insanity characters.

Also, this is the last bit of information I'll be passing on in this thread. I'm done posting now until you enter the Chaos Realm.

Edited by Alestance, 09 August 2008 - 10:26 PM.

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:45 AM

OOC: Sorry Schwa. I was planning on sending you a PM, but completely forgot. icon_smile.gif Anyways, when I give you the signal, it will probably be something like this: "OOC: Okay Schwa, this is your signal." icon_razz.gif And ya, nitpick all you want. I'll be more than happy if you do. In fact, I'm counting on you to turn this thread back on track if is stray too much.

#13 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

OOC: Alrighty, will do.

I take it we're waiting on Silly Cat 2? This is my last post until I get the signal (but when that happens you maybe should PM me too).

Edit: Oops. Phoenix. Forgot he was a member of the site. At first I thought Pheonix was a name for one of SC2's characters. icon_redface.gif

Edited by Schwa, 10 August 2008 - 09:02 AM.

#14 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:15 PM

OOC: Here I am! And Tek Mages don't have the power of telepathy.

Several hours previously...

A black-haired Tek Mage stands on the deck of a very odd craft. He is holding a map, and is trying to find the hometown of one of the people he had previously adventured with. At last, he finds it.
"I'm going to Onett? Know where that is?"
An airship pulls away from the docks lining the exterior of Pheonix's hometown, the floating city of Xazt. It starts to gain speed, and soon it is screaming through the cloud-filled skies, towards an area of the world currently tainted by the encroaching Chaos, slowly crawling across the world...
Eventually, the airship lands in a field outside a little suburban town. It is early afternoon, but it is dark. The stars are not shining, and there is barely any light at all to be seen, save for the lights coming from the town itself. Pheonix sighs, and starts off towards Ness's house.
Pheonix knocks at the door of Ness's house. "It's Pheonix", he states, as Ness's mom opens the door.

#15 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

"Ness!" His mom calls up. "There a strange mage here to see you!"

Ness's face lights up quickly. "Phoenix! Mom, send him up here!" Once Phoenix arrives, he briefly states the situation to him. "So, will you come with us the find Elddan?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users