Photo

Screenshot of the Week 383

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 383 (42 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

Octorockoncrack
IPB Image
It's hard to see in this snowstorm...

Orin XD
IPB Image
A prototype shot of the Level 7 Overworld area for PZCQuest. This will NOT go into the actual quest though (it is not even in the same tileset!).

Lightwulf
IPB Image
While walking along the main road of town, Link spots a large building. The soldier tells him that it's the town's inn. Tired of his journey through the Underworld, Link decides to go check in and take a rest.

Dragonite
IPB Image
Sure, this screen isn't perfect, or super detailed, but it is functional and looks as good enough as it needs to.

Guardian
IPB Image

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

I voted for Guardian, would have voted for Octorockoncrack if Guardian didn't enter.

(Also Dragonite, what do you mean by it isn't "super detailed"? your whole screen is detailed. icon_razz.gif)

Edited by Shane, 30 September 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#3 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

Shit man, tough choice.

They're all great, but I went with Guardian. It's one of the best village shots I've ever seen.

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

I'm gonna go with Dragonite here just for the aesthetics. Guardian earns a close second.

#5 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Octorockoncrack: Cool 8/10
Orin XD: You probably know i dislike you but you made a very good screen there 10/10 voted!
Lightwulf: too much like classic 4/10(the points are for the custom tiles and screen design)
Dragonite: Cool but a bit generic 7.5/10
Guardian: Good 7/10 (can't say much)

#6 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Lightwulf gets my vote this week. Absolutely gorgeous.

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

I voted for Dragoknightsoftheroundtable. Reminds me a lot of the town in Oracle of Ages.

#8 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

Voted for Lightwulf because it looks very creative. Jared's is looking great too!

Edited by Avataro, 03 October 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Octorockoncrack:

Everything looks quite nice and neat; excellent use of Pure tileset elements. Snow tends to a bit of a detriment in screenshots since it looks better in motion, but it looks better than rain.

Is that thin ice that is stretched out across the land and water?...

Orin XD:

This is a quite appealing GBC screenshot. Standard, but good. The only thing I don't like is the small pool of water in the middle of the land bridge to the north. With the flippers, that pool would be awkward. I guess it depends on your quest's items.

Lightwulf:

This loks great, but the quality of your graphics is moving far beyond that of Classic Zelda. There were plenty of games with graphics this good on the NES, but they came much later than Zelda 1. What I'm getting at is that the Z1 elements clash with the lamps, building, and sprites. I think you might want to upgrade from Z1 graphics, because they are far too "flat"-looking next to your excellent new graphics.

Dragonite:

Quite a large number of pathways.

...Um... I have a hard time saying anything else positive or negative about this shot. icon_neutral.gif Town screens really aren't that interesting. You did a good job, but there's not much to distinguish it from other towns. Keep up the good work, but next time I hope you'll submit an overworld or dungeon shot, or something novel.

Guardian:

Again, even fancier than Dragonite's town shot, but still a town shot. It seems you are showing off the house graphics and the walkways, which both look excellent, but it feels... a little like furniture display at a home improvement store. icon_heh.gif

Ultimately, I voted for Lightwulf since his has great structure and graphics, and a bit of originality.

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Octorockoncrack - 1 vote = 2.56%
Orin XD - 4 votes = 10.26%
Lightwulf - 15 votes = 38.46%
Dragonite - 8 votes = 20.51%
Guardian - 11 votes = 28.21%

Total Votes: 39

Lightwulf
IPB Image
While walking along the main road of town, Link spots a large building. The soldier tells him that it's the town's inn. Tired of his journey through the Underworld, Link decides to go check in and take a rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users