ZC Bug Reports Audio MIDI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

Please report any bugs that you encounter in ZC in this thread.

Note: This is for bugs that occur in the Zelda Classic, and ZQuest programmes, not bugs caused by quest design, such as 'tile errors', layout errors, bad sound choices, palettes, or what-have-you.

When doing do, please specify the ZC version that you are using, and your platform (Windows, Linux, Max). Telling us which OS version (e.g. Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Desktop/Ultimate/Uber; OSX 10.6, 10., ...) or Linux distro that you are using is extremely helpful.

If you can, provide details on the specific circumstances under which you encountered the bug, or any information that might help to reproduce it.

If you can upload a quest file that demonstrates the bug, please do.
Likewise, if you can upload a video of the bug, in action, please do.

Anything that helps us to categorise, sort, document, and fix these bugs is useful.

All reports will be catalogued on AGN. Thank you kindly.

-ZoriaRPG (AGN Bug Reports Moderator)

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 09 December 2016 - 10:39 PM.

• Alucard648, coolgamer012345 and Aevin like this

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:41 AM

Because having a single thread that the devs have to scourge through, instead of a forum that's easily viewable, is a good idea. /s

Anyways, you cannot set the palette of a screen in the editor until you place down a combo, in 2.50.2, Windows 8 and 7. Probably a bug.

Edited by Dimentio, 10 December 2016 - 12:42 AM.

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:55 AM

you cannot set the palette of a screen in the editor until you place down a combo, in 2.50.2, Windows 8 and 7. Probably a bug.

[Verified, with 2.50.3] :

...although I don't think it's a bug--more of an oversight. It's been that way forever, and IIRC ZQuest may ignore some other commands until you place a combo, and the blue 'unused screen' effect is wiped.

#4 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:00 AM

Anyways, you cannot set the palette of a screen in the editor until you place down a combo, in 2.50.2, Windows 8 and 7. Probably a bug.

Not a bug!

This is why a single thread is better! :P
  • Moonbread likes this

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:17 AM

Oh man, three bugs for the price of one:

• Quake Bug A: If you're using a tileset where color 0 in the palette isn't black (EZGBZ) the black bar at the bottom of the screen turns to color 0 when Screen->Quake is set and stays that way until you F6.
  • Quake Bug B: If you F6 continue while Quake is set, Link->DrawYOffset doesn't get reset sometimes.
  • Swimming Bug: If you exit walkable water with a large Link hitbox while the top half of Link's hitbox is overlapping land while turning, Link can get stuck swimming in one direction until he hits a non water combo. This can even allow him to clip one full tile into solid combos. The best way to replicate this is to swim in tight circles near the top edge of land.

Here's quest showcasing all three bugs: https://www.dropbox....eWater.qst?dl=0

On the first screen, controls for modifying quake:

L: Reduce quake
R: Increase quake
A: Set quake back to 0 for the frame

B: Stop setting quake every frame

#6 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

This is why a single thread is better! :P

Just wait until this thing is like 90 page long.

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:52 AM

It's not like the developers are that inactive though.  Not to speak for them or anything, but I'm sure as soon as a bug is reported and proven to exist, they'll have it in a log to work on eventually.  It's not like the thread is going to pile up and they're going to miss dozens and dozens of pages of reports and get overwhelmed.  Also, I think you're overestimating how much activity this thread will see.  ZC is really stable these days.  Bugs are most likely gonna be very minor and probably far and few between.

At any rate, if the developers aren't complaining about there being a single thread, you really have no place to yourself.

• Gleeok likes this

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:21 AM

So this was discussed on Discord and I thought I would relay this since it needs to be addressed properly:

7iK0PcM.png

Now, the Stone of Agony is a pretty weird item. As you know, Link vibrates when he's on a tile with a trigger on it. If it's solid, you obviously won't get this effect. However, in the item editor you can edit the sensitivity. The description blurb says that sensitivity increases the distance at which it works. This example image should demonstrate that and while it works... It's not that effective as an item and can be a little misleading and borderline useless. It works as intended with default settings but the sensitivity option for the item is borked and things like bombable walls... well, the item doesn't really help. So yeah, I thought I'd drop this in as it's been discussed by multiple people once or twice now. It's not that used as an item but it'd be cool to see it less borked.

• Naru likes this

#9 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:07 AM

Collected, and posted to AGN.

#10 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:09 AM

I'm not sure if it has ever been mentioned, but for me, ZQuest randomly crashes/freezes whenever I try to edit strings using the string editor. It seems to occur on the screen showing all of my strings, when I click on any one string and click the "Edit" button (or double click). Sometimes, it seems to work fine (it lets me edit the string), but sometimes it simply freezes (forcing me to force quit the application), despite me doing the exact same thing both times.

I'm using a Mac running macOS Sierra (10.12) and I'm using ZQuest 2.50.2 (Build 29). I'm not sure why this is happening, but hopefully it's something easy to fix because it's a bit frustrating that ZQuest randomly crashes when I try to edit a string. :(

#11 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

and I have had enough! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Jared and Matthew like this

#12 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

what OS are you on? thbis is impotrntatn informatino         i don't even know anymore why do I bother

#13 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

os ten

for windows

Edited by Hubydweyer, 02 January 2017 - 05:50 PM.

#14 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

os ten

for windows

More important: What version of ZC/ZQuest?

In ZQuest, use the menu: Etc->About

In ZC, the equivalent meu choice is: Misc->About

Please report the 'Build ID' that is shown from these menu selections.

#15 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

More important: What version of ZC/ZQuest?

In ZQuest, use the menu: Etc->About

In ZC, the equivalent meu choice is: Misc->About

Please report the 'Build ID' that is shown from these menu selections.

I can't it crashed

(2.50 build 24)

Edited by Hubydweyer, 02 January 2017 - 06:37 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC, Bug, Reports, Audio, MIDI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users