Photo

Screenshot of the Week 455

Tree Master Maniac Avataro Charizard SirKazuma Fireblast124 Franky LunarRedMage Geoffrey Demonlink

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 455 (58 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

i nulled.

this isnt screen rebirth is it

Not all screens were re-birthed, dingus.

• Shane and Haylee like this

#17 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

great stuff. I liked several, but there was only one where I didn't have anything that I felt compelled to "fix." I voted for Tree's. I'd have comments and stuff for the rest, but I'm not thinking it'd be worth my time to break it all down. if anybody is ever looking to have their work critiqued with an eye for improvements, feel free to drop me a message. good job(s), folks.

#18 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

I feel totally kept out of the loop. Why are there so many screenshots that look alike here? Am I missing something? Lol

#19 SubconsciousEye

SubconsciousEye

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

I feel totally kept out of the loop. Why are there so many screenshots that look alike here? Am I missing something? Lol

Nutshell: Me and SirKazuma remade Charizard's screen for fun. A bunch of others decided to join in for whatever reason.

It was mostly my fault, though. Probably shouldn't have posted that screen in the first place.

#20 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:45 AM

Franky

Franky.png

Dank Cave.

That caption.

• The Satellite and Lightwulf like this

#21 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

Wow, what a good turnout this week. A large number of great shots have emerged as the result of this week and I had a hard time picking a clear winner. I ended up going for Charizard for his clean, elegant use of GB and for those Sakura trees.

As for the jokeshots...

zeldaout.gif

That was funny in the screenshot thread, but I think the joke outstayed it's welcome.

Edited by Orithan, 12 May 2014 - 01:16 AM.

• Shane, Jenny, Tree and 1 other like this

#22 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

Note: I'm not going to point any fingers here whatsoever.

Uh, guys. SirKazuma's shot isn't a joke. It's actually a part of his quest. It does look similar to mine in some ways, and it was intended, but he has put effort into making it somewhat unique and different. Calling it just a copy and joke was very distasteful, honestly. I can't speak for the others, but I don't see the harm in them since they got at least a few differences here and there. I think we're making a very big mountain out of a small anthill here, but you know, that's just me and my opinion. At least these are good "joke" shots unlike some in the past, no?

And to clarify, my shot isn't a joke either. It's apart of a serious quest, and I see few comments who think otherwise. Nice assumptions are nice guys. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#rant

Edited by Charizard, 12 May 2014 - 06:26 AM.

• Haylee and Jared like this

#23 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

Wow, what a good turnout this week. A large number of great shots have emerged as the result of this week and I had a hard time picking a clear winner. I ended up going for Charizard for his clean, elegant use of GB and for those Sakura trees.

As for the jokeshots...

(edited out GIF here)

That was funny in the screenshot thread, but I think the joke outstayed it's welcome

I just wanted to say that my shot is not a "joke shot" it started out as a copy of Charizard's shot, to be sure, but that was intended as a challenge for myself. I am still new to using ZQuest, I have a lot to learn, obviously. The screen you see in this contest? It's just the base for that particular screen. Since submitting, I have changed the screen significantly. It's no longer like Shanes, but his shot INSPIRED me to make something like it, so how exactly is that a "joke"?

• Shane, Haylee and Lightwulf like this

#24 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

Mine is as exact a copy as possible and is a joke-shot in every conceivable way.

hmxXc.gif

PS Thanks to whoever voted for the obvious brilliance that is my screen.

Edited by Geoffrey, 12 May 2014 - 10:30 AM.

• Shane, Haylee, Lightwulf and 2 others like this

#25 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

I didn't mean to start a debate. :P It's funny, and I like the screenshots.

And I'll be the first to say right now I am getting completely sick am tired of people saying what should and shouldn't be a part of SOTW, this is getting to be too much. Get over yourselves!

Soon people won't even want to participate at all because some people are really sucking the enjoyment out of SotW with their complaining.

So I agree with Geoffrey

hmxXc.gif

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 12 May 2014 - 10:33 AM.

• Shane, Haylee and Jared like this

#26 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

I say as long as shots look like they've had a basic level of effort put into them, they're fine, even if they're "joke" shots.  True, a big chunk of the shots this week look like they were part of a Screen Rebirth challenge, and some of them may have stemmed from a joke, but they don't look half-bad, either.

I like Tree's shot.

• Nathaniel and Haylee like this

#27 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

3PIi8B6.gif

Am I unique enough for you yet? ;)

• Shane and Demonlink like this

#28 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

Went for Charizard with this SotW, and I was NOT expecting those shots to actually end up on here. But hey, they all look really nice!

• Shane likes this

#29 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

Valoo destroyed the house!! >.<

#30 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

So many to choose from.  As for the screens that are identical in concept, they are certainly legit screenshots despite where else they were used, and they all took individual efforts to put together.  My top two favorites were from Tree and Demonlink.  Both are well designed screens with a knack for how everything can fit together.  Ultimately my vote went to Tree as my #1 favorite in overall appeal.  Another honorable mention goes to Avataro.  While the screen looks relatively simple in design, it is quite unique for ZC, so kudos on going with something different.  Good effort from everybody on their screens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tree, Master Maniac, Avataro, Charizard, SirKazuma, Fireblast124, Franky, LunarRedMage, Geoffrey, Demonlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users