Hitodama DX is here!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:36 PM

As the first of several planned projects we have leading up to the release of Reikon in the fall, here comes a big Hitodama update. What does DX mean? Deluxe, I guess? Or maybe just "sounds cool and retro and better?"

Either way, the Hitodama Deus Ex Machina or whatever update has arrived. This update is essentially a rebuild of the entire quest in the Yuurand system, bringing over 4 years of system improvements back to the series's roots. If for some unfathomable reason you prefer the original quest, feel free to download Hitodama Classic.

Some key changes include:

• Eight way free movement for more flexible combat and navigation
  • Four button items on which to equip spells
  • Choose from multiple difficulty settings. (Important details below.)
  • An rpg-style stat system with upgrades earned by collecting coins
  • Altered enemy groups to better fit with the changes to the system
  • One area has been largely redesigned
  • Warp points for easier travel to areas you've already visited
  • A more detailed minimap with powerup locations revealed with an upgrade
  • Enhanced music in place of the midi tracks. Download here.
  • The final boss has been completely rewritten
  • Generally revamped, rebalanced, and renamed spells
  • Wind Blade's range and damage have increased
  • Light Arrow deals direct piercing damage, unaffected by enemy hitstun
  • Flake Shield has been overhauled, and now has a set up-front MP cost and launchable orbiters
  • You can move while casting Flametherower
  • Thunder now has a cooldown before it can be used again
  • Elemental enemies take increased damage from their weakness, but are only one-shot on Relaxed mode
  • Several elemental types have new firing patterns on Normal mode or higher

For Veteran Players

About Sadistic Mode

One thing I cannot stress enough is just how essential Russ was to this update. He put a ton of work into it, and it probably wouldn't have even happened without him. So please send some thanks his way. And he's as willing as ever to help with bug reports and game help, as well.

Found a bug? Need some help? Just have some thoughts to share? Please post them here. I hope that any players, be they brand new or series veterans, have a great time with this update.

• ShadowTiger, Espilan, Anthus and 8 others like this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:42 PM

I never played the original Hitodama, but I did beat the original Yuurei and liked it quite a bit. I will add this to my list of stuff to play, but I know this will be a long one so hopefully I'll get to it all. I might record it, but I dunno if I will record it blind, but we will see.

• Aevin likes this

#3 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:51 AM

Nice to Hear it Has Become an Update Im Glad to Read i can Play as the Others to :D

#4 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:49 PM

As the first of several planned projects we have leading up to the release of Reikon in the fall, here comes a big Hitodama update. What does DX mean? Deluxe, I guess? Or maybe just "sounds cool and retro and better?"

Either way, the Hitodama Deus Ex Machina or whatever update has arrived. This update is essentially a rebuild of the entire quest in the Yuurand system, bringing over 4 years of system improvements back to the series's roots. If for some unfathomable reason you prefer the original quest, feel free to download Hitodama Classic.

Some key changes include:

• Eight way free movement for more flexible combat and navigation
  • Four button items on which to equip spells
  • Choose from multiple difficulty settings. (Important details below.)
  • An rpg-style stat system with upgrades earned by collecting coins
  • Altered enemy groups to better fit with the changes to the system
  • One area has been largely redesigned
  • Warp points for easier travel to areas you've already visited
  • A more detailed minimap with powerup locations revealed with an upgrade
  • Enhanced music in place of the midi tracks. Download here.
  • The final boss has been completely rewritten
  • Generally revamped, rebalanced, and renamed spells
  • Wind Blade's range and damage have increased
  • Light Arrow deals direct piercing damage, unaffected by enemy hitstun
  • Flake Shield has been overhauled, and now has a set up-front MP cost and launchable orbiters
  • You can move while casting Flametherower
  • Thunder now has a cooldown before it can be used again
  • Elemental enemies take increased damage from their weakness, but are only one-shot on Relaxed mode
  • Several elemental types have new firing patterns on Normal mode or higher

For Veteran Players

About Sadistic Mode

One thing I cannot stress enough is just how essential Russ was to this update. He put a ton of work into it, and it probably wouldn't have even happened without him. So please send some thanks his way. And he's as willing as ever to help with bug reports and game help, as well.

Found a bug? Need some help? Just have some thoughts to share? Please post them here. I hope that any players, be they brand new or series veterans, have a great time with this update.

Can i Ask you what are your Plans for Further Quests Will you Still Tell The Story Forth or do you want to Make something Entreierly New :D

• Aevin and Epsalon ZX like this

#5 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:46 PM

Well, it's been quite awhile in coming, but I hope to have Reikon finished this fall. Most of the Expo information from a couple years back is still relevant. It should conclude the story of Hitodama and Yuurei.

• Lordkronos likes this

#6 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:25 PM

Well, it's been quite awhile in coming, but I hope to have Reikon finished this fall. Most of the Expo information from a couple years back is still relevant. It should conclude the story of Hitodama and Yuurei.

Nice I didnt See this Yet but it Looks Interresting i Think i Should look more in The Expos Threads Im Curious how it will Work to Play with Two Characters in Team :D You Have Definitivly Made a Nice Background Story And World Behind The Labyrinth and The Timeline is Realy Interresting :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users