Link's Colors

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

Is there any way to change Link's colors when he gets a ring without also changing the colors of other things that use c-set 6? 

Edited by Korben, 26 March 2024 - 12:27 PM.

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

You'll want to go to Quest-> Graphics-> Palettes-> Sprites, then select extra sprite palette '1'. C-sets 6, 7, and 8 are Link's blue, red, and gold 'ring colors' respectively.

#3 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:57 AM

Since you just swap c-sets normally not. But as long as you can put Links alternate colors in the main palette you could make Link 16bit and set the ring up to change the selected sprite like with the shields, though you have to set up the tiles for that. I would make a copy of your file (in case I mess up), decide from which c-set I can use the colors for tiles instead of c-set 6 and recolor them.

#4 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:40 AM

You'll want to go to Quest-> Graphics-> Palettes-> Sprites, then select extra sprite palette '1'. C-sets 6, 7, and 8 are Link's blue, red, and gold 'ring colors' respectively.

Okay, thanks. I didn't know that was there. But how do I make it so that rings use these Csets?

Since you just swap c-sets normally not. But as long as you can put Links alternate colors in the main palette you could make Link 16bit and set the ring up to change the selected sprite like with the shields, though you have to set up the tiles for that. I would make a copy of your file (in case I mess up), decide from which c-set I can use the colors for tiles instead of c-set 6 and recolor them.

Thanks for the reply but I'm already using items that modify Link's appearance so that wouldn't work in this case. 

Edited by Korben, 26 March 2024 - 12:27 PM.

#5 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

If you edit the ring item you can choose there the c-set used instead. Though this still will switch the c-sets. For example if the normal palette uses green and the extra sprite palette red the moment you get the ring c-set 6 will be switched with the extra sprite c-set and all green will become red.

#6 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

If you edit the ring item you can choose there the c-set used instead. Though this still will switch the c-sets. For example if the normal palette uses green and the extra sprite palette red the moment you get the ring c-set 6 will be switched with the extra sprite c-set and all green will become red.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I assume there is no way to make it just change Link's coloring and not everything that uses that c-set.

#7 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the reply but I'm already using items that modify Link's appearance so that wouldn't work in this case.

You can still do it. If multiple items have LTMs, they're just added together. So if a shield adds 60 and a ring adds 260, a ring and shield together will add 320.
That's the only way it's going to be possible. 4-bit Link tiles use CSet 6, and CSet 6 is the same for all tiles that use it.
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#8 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

You can still do it. If multiple items have LTMs, they're just added together. So if a shield adds 60 and a ring adds 260, a ring and shield together will add 320.
That's the only way it's going to be possible. 4-bit Link tiles use CSet 6, and CSet 6 is the same for all tiles that use it.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the way I have it now is set up like that. One item gives Link a certain appearance and then later on you get another item which changes his appearance again. I wanted to add rings that you could get at any time that would change the color of these appearances separately. I didn't really think this was possible but I figured I'd ask anyway, just in case there was a way to do it that I hadn't thought of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users