New Area Intro. (Like in OoT / WW )

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:06 PM

I know this isn't all that new, but I just thought it would be a great idea for some people to try this.

You know how in Ocarina of Time, and a few other of the later Zelda games, when you enter a new area, you see Link wandering in, and it shows the name of the area somewhere on the screen, and then it shows various (animated) areas from your location. I think that's such a great way of going about entering a new area.

The thing is, how do you do this easily? In an overworld, all you have to do is place a pit warp (Stair warp, actually, I'll bet.) and a trig-Perm for it, and you're set. But for a dungeon, .. well.. I don't think it's that easy. icon_shrug.gif Thoughts?

#2 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:18 PM

How about if you put a fake floor tiles in the dungeon that's a pit right in near the dungeon's entrance. Then show random pic's of the dungeon by using time warp. Really it's the same..also you have to use the cave trigger prim. I don't think anyone still uses the dungon dmap. They all use cave.

Edited by cool mike, 05 December 2004 - 02:20 PM.

#3 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:59 PM

1. Make a cave-type DMap for this scene and entrance.
2. Make a copy screen of the entrance.
3. On the main dungeon screen, place pit warps where the player would enter, then fill the rest of the room with trigger perms.
4. The pits will warp you immediately to the scene.
5. After it's done, have it warp you back to the main dungeon screen where the player will land on the triggers.
6. Have a side warp to the next room be a dngn-type DMap.

#4 masterlink3000

masterlink3000

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 03:55 AM

Well . . . icon_wow.gif How about you do something like this. . . icon_wink.gif

user posted image

1.)Make the screens as they go. . . (Like beside each other in my shot).

2.)When finished with the screens. . . stary seting all the Time - Warps in Data / Screen Data to about the right amount for that screens limit of view. (The Tic - Warps use 60 seconds as 1 second. So in Data / Screen Data you type 60 or add 60 more seconds on to make 2 seconds. . . you figure the math.)

3.) The make sure the Invisible Link & No Subscreen are cut checked on for the screens that need not use the Subscreen. (You would do this in Data / Screen Data.

4.)Set the rules as needed on onto the DMaps to where you would make for the screens. (Some may use one Dmap or none will or maybe all will. . . icon_shrug.gif no one knows.)

Now, at last. . . icon_clap.gif. You can set back and play your wonderful cutscene of entrance view you would like. . .

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
On to subject. . . that would be neat to do. . . for I did it it in the desert for a beginning cutscene. . . But you could use the tech. icon_wink.gif

Edited by masterlink3000, 13 December 2004 - 03:56 AM.

#5 Arc

Arc

Initiate

• Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:29 AM

Hmm, this is useful information... I'll have to use it in my quest.

#6 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:19 AM

That seems like a great idea, I actually thought of that, however, I still don't know how I would present it. I am not sure if I will do it anytime soon. Also, great work Masterlink3000! icon_razz.gif

#7 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:11 PM

This is an awsome Idea. When I get a chance to use ZC again, Ill use it for Strike Of Midnight, LTTP II

#8 Dark Lord Magus

Dark Lord Magus

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 04:07 PM

I was thinking of adding that to mine, i was gonna post a topic in the help section, mabey a moderator should move this thread to the help section icon_biggrin.gif

o_O icon_wacky.gif i need to get some sleep and let my quest rest, my above post proves it.... but anyways, thank you bh4 for adding this post because i was a little fuzzy on the timeing for the timed ticks....

Edited by Dark Lord Magus, 16 December 2004 - 04:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users