cutscenes

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:41 AM

Oh, so this is the bug that's holding you back?... That you posted in the expo thread?

Unfortunately, it may very well be a problem with the alpha. icon_frown.gif I haven't had any problems with Overworld dialog, and I've been adding a lot of dialog lately...

Edited by Radien, 23 October 2004 - 12:41 AM.

#17 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 22 2004, 11:42 PM)
Ian:

Simple for the designer... maybe not as simple for the player. icon_shrug.gif For me, it's pretty easy once I make the first screen, then Paste All to the other screens and add layers.

Well actually, it is pretty easy for them. If they want to skip through, they hold down. And even if they accidentally press down, they won't suddenly end up on the pit and miss the cutscene. Even so, I'm going to give the play a choice to see it again once the cutscene is over, left will let them view it all again, right leaves the cutscene. It's just as easy as pressing A, just might take half a second longer.

#18 masterlink3000

masterlink3000

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 03:34 AM

Well, I'm pretty well off good with Time warps. . . icon_biggrin.gif

Here's a cutscene I made awhile back in the manor of using Tic - Warps and other warps.

AWL Preview

Edited by masterlink3000, 24 October 2004 - 07:48 AM.

#19 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:32 AM

Timing a cut-scene is the hardest thing to do, especially if you want to conserve space. There's just no real way to do it. I found a equation to reduce the number of frames in animations, but it unfortunatelt doesn't work with combo-cycling icon_shrug.gif . I've gotten close that both follow the same speed, but the're off by 1 frame mostof the time. The other time is completely off. So, you're gonna have to waste space...for now.

#20 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:35 PM

What is you want to make an actual cool lookink background can you do that? Like for my GS quest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users