Photo

Loose tiles

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: What pallete should I use with my new tiles?

What pallete should I use with my new tiles?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lorgenz

Lorgenz

Initiate

• Members

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:16 AM

I'm making some rachet and clank tiles and was wondering what pallete I should use. If it is another pallete plaese state which one.

#2 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:35 AM

Well, you've obviously already made the tiles, so this is superfluous, buuut...

If you ask me for a broad recommendation, I'll say "Pure," but I'd like to point out that Pure uses almost all of the major BS item palettes. Ripping one into the other is super-convenient, and it's almost unnecessary to list them separately.

However, regarding your tiles: you don't seem to be taking advantage of the palette and the general style of Pure. So even though it's the most commonly-used, your tiles will be much better appreciated in Classic until you learn a new style.

Anyway, if you look at your loose tile ratings I think they will speak for themselves... 5 stars for tiles in Classic... 3 or less in Pure. 'Nuff said. icon_shrug.gif

#3 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:20 AM

Well, it all depends. Palettes are something that need to be precise, especially when making your own tiles. You need to make sure all the palettes have all the colors you want or need, and at the precise shade that fits what you are making. So, basically, IMO, it's up to the creator of the game. icon_shrug.gif
And, this is a difficult to place topic. ZQuest Design Help, or CQD? I'll go with Design Help.

#4 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:37 PM

Not Custom Quest Discussion... Arguably Developer's Exchange, but he was asking for advice to some extent, so I think this is the right forum.

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:20 PM

Yeah. For advice on which set you should put them in, this is the right forum. For recommendations, DevExch would be a great forum.

And I would highly recommend the Pure Set. First of all, I'm very familiar with it, so their Palettes would work very well with it. Go use Pure. icon_razz.gif The majority of people will therefore have access to those tiles, so you would be better off using it then.

#6 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:07 PM

BH4, for the most part, Descendant and Pure (and possibly others) share the exact same sprite palettes.

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Aug 21 2004, 07:20 PM)
Yeah.  For advice on which set you should put them in, this is the right forum.  For recommendations, DevExch would be a great forum.

icon_blink.gif *rereads that*

...Ahh... by "recommendations" would you mean asking people what they want to see, aka requests?

QUOTE(BH4 @ Aug 21 2004, 07:20 PM)
And I would highly recommend the Pure Set.  First of all, I'm very familiar with it, so their Palettes would work very well with it.  Go use Pure. icon_razz.gif  The majority of people will therefore have access to those tiles, so you would be better off using it then.

Have you seen System Error's tiles? Normally what you're saying would be the advice I would give to people in general, but personally I think System Error's Classic tiles will get MUCH more use than his Pure tiles, regardless of how popular Pure is.

At least, for the moment.

#8 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Aug 22 2004, 12:18 AM)
Have you seen System Error's tiles? Normally what you're saying would be the advice I would give to people in general, but personally I think System Error's Classic tiles will get MUCH more use than his Pure tiles, regardless of how popular Pure is.

Stupid troll, say that again...if you're a man! Not my fault ZQ has absolutely no drawing tools (except for Fill and Color Change) whatsoever.

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 22 August 2004 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE(System Error @ Aug 21 2004, 11:41 PM)
Stupid troll, say that again...if you're a man! Not my fault ZQ has absolutely no drawing tools (except for Fill and Color Change) whatsoever.

I'm not trolling. I gave your Classic tiles 5 stars. :\

#10 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:50 AM

There's no need to flame System Error. I would suggest you lighten up.

And I would highly recommend the Pure Set. First of all, I'm very familiar with it, so their Palettes would work very well with it. Go use Pure. icon_razz.gif The majority of people will therefore have access to those tiles, so you would be better off using it then.

There is one problem with that, and it's pretty much what Radien said. The tiles must fit well with the rest of the set for people to use them. I have to say, some tiles people make wouldn't fit Pure's palettes and the backgrounds for it. They would go in better in a set suck as BS, or maybe as far back as Classic. icon_shrug.gif

#11 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:39 AM

I wasn't flaming. And I don't recall ever making any tiles for the classic set.

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 23 August 2004 - 04:05 AM

Crap. icon_doh.gif System Error, I got you mixed up with Zael. I was commenting on Zael's tiles, not yours. How I got you two mixed up, I don't know. icon_sweat.gif

#13 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:44 PM

Pure TS is the has the bes pallet I think, although I refuse to use the TS. I am making my Custum TS from Pure TS, it will be called New World. It might remind you of Earth Bound becasue I don't want to use a zelda theme any more really. I will end my ALTTP TS style and make only my quests in New World.

PS: two things, TS is Tile set for ones who do no know and here are a few pics.

user posted image

http://filespace.org...s/New_World.bmp

Edited by ZC Architect, 24 August 2004 - 03:45 PM.

#14 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE(System Error)
I wasn't flaming.

QUOTE(System Error)
Stupid troll, say that again...if you're a man!

You flamed, yo.

#15 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 25 August 2004 - 03:46 PM

Poly:

Yeah, but that involved a mistake on my part. :\

ZCA:

Y'know, you're the only person I've ever heard abbreviate it as "TS"...

Edited by Radien, 25 August 2004 - 03:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users