Photo

Screenshot of the Week 715

Shane Avaro HeroOfFire Joelmacool Lordkronos Octorockoncrack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 715 (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:43 AM

Here we are with a fresh crop of screens. Pick your favorite, and don't be shy about leaving comments and critique!

Avaro
Avaro.png
Shane is about to find the best music track in Go Gollab.

HeroOfFire
HeroOfFire.png
I guess you're not one of them without the cap.

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
generic waterfall screen

Lordkronos
Lordkronos.png

Octorockoncrack
Octorockoncrack.png
Link arrives at Toronbo Shores to speak with Marin, but things are not as they seem...

Shane
Shane.png
Trying to light that one torch is hard when you're constantly moving.

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:47 PM

25 votes but no comments? Yikes.

Avaro: Nothing wrong with the screen, but nothing exciting either. I do like that you gave the stone islands some depth with the front-facing tiles.

HeroOfFire: The colors strike me as a little dingy and oversaturated, but the design of the screen is fine. I like the treasure chest teaser.

Joelmacool: An appealing shot with nice colors. Some other activity on the screen other than the waterfalls would be welcome.

Lordkronos: I find the large quantity of different combos in similar coloring visually difficult to parse. This makes the screen feel a little complex.

Octorockoncrack: Yeah, this is a really pretty scene, and I enjoy the vastly different perspective it has relative to virtually all other shots that have ever been in this contest through the years. How much has been modified from Link's Awakening? (Been a while since I've played the game, but I assume it's the source.)

Shane: Really nice shot with good contrast. Each tile is visually easy to understand and the scene exhibits an interesting location.

Voted for Octorockoncrack, with Shane a close second.
  • Octorockoncrack, Shane, Jared and 1 other like this

#3 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:09 PM

Nice Entrys as Always and Finaly i could bring something in to :D as for the Colors i used only Objects from Zquest i couldnt realy find a way to Change colors to be honest I would make much other if i had found out How but yeah was stil fun :D

• nicklegends likes this

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:34 PM

I voted for Lordkronos. It is the screen that spoke to me the most, and made me think the most. >.>

• nicklegends and Matthew like this

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:07 PM

Avaro: I disagree. xD But I voted because I really love the uniqueness of this screen. Love that player sprite too. xD

HeroOfFire: I really like the palette and mood of this screen. And I second the "treasure chest teaser".

Joelmacool: I feel the bottom half needs something of its own. The waterfalls and mountain details really make up the top though.

Lordkronos: Not bad! There's a lot going on, symmetry included. With more varying colours and some more mountain work, this could be a interesting screen!

Octorockoncrack: Love that this scene is in ZC. It looks clean!

Really nice work guys. :)

• nicklegends and Avaro like this

#6 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:49 AM

Avaro: I disagree. xD But I voted because I really love the uniqueness of this screen. Love that player sprite too. xD

HeroOfFire: I really like the palette and mood of this screen. And I second the "treasure chest teaser".

Joelmacool: I feel the bottom half needs something of its own. The waterfalls and mountain details really make up the top though.

Lordkronos: Not bad! There's a lot going on, symmetry included. With more varying colours and some more mountain work, this could be a interesting screen!

Octorockoncrack: Love that this scene is in ZC. It looks clean!

Really nice work guys. :)

Thanks sadly i couldnt find out to Change Colors without using paint wich were forbiden i think.

As for my vote i Voted for Hero of fire This Time.

And Thanks Guys i had Never Belived my Work would be voted as a complete newbie noob who newer had work with zquest before :D

#7 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:07 AM

Thanks sadly i couldnt find out to Change Colors without using paint wich were forbiden i think.

If you press + and -, it'll cycle through csets on the screen. That way you can place objects of varying colours.

• Lordkronos likes this

#8 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:31 PM

If you press + and -, it'll cycle through csets on the screen. That way you can place objects of varying colours.

Thank you very much i will try it for next time :D

#9 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:56 AM

This week's winner is Shane! Who knew black and white could be so expressive. Congratulations! And thanks to everyone who participated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shane, Avaro, HeroOfFire, Joelmacool, Lordkronos, Octorockoncrack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users