Photo

Screenshot of the Week 181

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 181 (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:13 PM

Bowser Blanchette
IPB Image
I smell Treasure ahead!

CastChaos
IPB Image
Are you Ice Wand enough to defeat Trinexx?!

Ebola Zaire
IPB Image
Avoiding these traps is the only way that I can rescue Damien...

gray0x
IPB Image
This heat is getting annoying. Maybe Link can trade his Fire Medal for a glass of water when he gets out.

Link75
IPB Image

NoeL
IPB Image
o noes! teh oktorocks have invaded teh Animite Villiage! (from my unfinished two-colour quest)

TriMaster001
IPB Image
Hitting Switches is such a hassle for Link.

Well, seven entries is quite a leap from two last night. Didn't realize I had that many until I posted... Anywho. Happy voting

Also, a note about SotM; I forgot last one. So next week, I'll do a double-poll for both... what is it now, 42 and 43? Something like that. So yeah, sorry about that

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:14 PM

CastChaos for Trinexx.

#3 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:16 PM

You gotta show us how you did that custom boss, CastChaos! I want to fight him in ZC!

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:17 PM

I just got pwned by CastChaos!

#5 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

TriMaster because that dungeons shot owns.

#6 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:23 PM

Link75's appeals to me. I like Cast Chaos but what's with the purple skeletons? Other than those that shot is great though. I'm going to have to go for Link's though. Is that a custom palette? Don't recognize it at all.

#7 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

I saw CC's, and I thought woah. And then I remmeber that CC is using 2.10. At that point I was very impressed.

However, I had to vote for NoeL's really.

#8 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:41 PM

Bowser Blanchette: Um...no, very simple dungeon room with little reason to vote for it. And wasn't that the puzzle I used in level 6 of Origin 1st?!

Cast Chaos: A custom boss alone won't do a SOTW justice and shouldn't be voted upon imo since all it shows is: "OMGZ look what I can do in ZC!!!" Unless the battle arena you face it in is drop dead gorgeous there isn't anything appealing about custom bosses.

Ebola Zaire: Vote would have gone here if the palette didn't ruin the whole picture, sorry, no vote.

Gray0X: Not very detailed and very bare, palette is a bit off. Not really impressed much.

Link75: My vote went here. It was the only decent shot this week with good eye flow and design. Great job, even if it wasn't the very best. You got my vote.

NoeL: If it was in color rather than black/white, it would have been a great contender for my vote, as it stands, I can't vouch for it.

Trimaster001: Nothing really special here that Ebola Zaire or Link75 didn't already out-do. (But Ebola messed up with his palette)

Good job all though.

#9 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:49 PM

NoeL FTW! I LOVE that animation idea! Looks alot like an old cartoon... or ''Ed, Edd nd Eddy''
I LOVE it! Trimaster's shot was cool too!
Link75 was also very cool, but still not very new in terms of graphics. It looked like a Lost Isle shot, which isn't bad at all, but it's still an overused tileset... :/ still very nice though.

#10 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

Bowser Blanchette : ok bs shot but bs blocks don't go with pure blocks

CastChaos : OMG IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT GOING TO BE A ZELDA 3 BOSS (2nd)

Ebola Zaire : everything in that shot is good but the way you used the walls in the left side of the screen dosen't look right

gray0x : looking good but i hope you have kill some emines thoge or it will look empty

Link75 : looking good it's a great pure shot shows what pure can do (3rd)

NoeL : i don't like 2 cloure quests

TriMaster001 : thats a great shot nothing wrong with it but where did you get those rats from

#11 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(billy ronald @ Oct 14 2007, 03:22 PM) View Post

[/b]TriMaster001 : thats a great shot nothing wrong with it but where did you get those rats from

A very special friend. icon_naughty.gif

#12 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:31 PM

Stop whining bout 2 colors. It looks great! I would love to run around it that place! It's so unique and cool!
It's clearly the best and most unique shot ever!

#13 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:42 PM

This week deserves a lot of talk from me. In fact, I will even rate them holistically.

Bowser Blanchette - Looks like something I have seen before. It is not bad, and is in fact a well thought out block puzzle which saves it from getting an average to below average rating for me. 6/10

CastChaos - The custom boss is the main focus here, and it simply looks awesome. The rest of the screen is nothing special, but I don't think that will hurt this screen too much. 7/10

Ebola Zaire - I love those tiles. They all seem to work well together and you seem to put them together well too. This screen makes me curious to see the rest of the dungeon, so that is big plus. 8/10

gray0x - I generally like the combination of lava with those floors, walls, and the rest of the cosmetics. Interesting subscreen portion too. There is potential for at least a little more detail though. 6/10

Link75 - While it lacks the uniqueness found in the last three screens, the overall design is excellent. Everything mends together well enough to result in a complete overworld screen that rivals many designed by some of the best quest makers. 7/10

NoeL - Now this is definitely something completely new to me. While going two colors is nothing new and always risky, you seem to be approaching it in a new way. This approach hasn't made me go ga ga, but perhaps it just needs more time to grow on me. I would have to see more of it in the future of course, if you continue to have the drive for it. 7/10 for now at least, but I see potential for later screenshots that would do the same.

TriMaster001 - Also something I have seen before, although not the most commonly seen thing by a longshot. It certainly makes you think, and the creation of this screen was definitely well thought out. 7/10

My vote goes to Ebola Zaire.

#14 Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:51 PM

I had to vote for NoeL. Very unique and artistic. icon_cool.gif

#15 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:06 PM