Photo

Screenshot of the Week 36

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 11 September 2003 - 11:10 PM

well too bad, because that's what I'm going to be releasing next if Lost Isle takes any longer. *points to her alternate quest she's working on*

#32 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 01:30 AM

It really is a tough battle this week... icon_blink.gif

Happyman:
I'll have to disagree. Maybe you made the tiles, but can it really be true that you drew those little green light things from Chrono Trigger factories all yourself?
COMMENT: Yes I did!
Maybe you did, but it's not 100% because it was heavily inspired. Air Man... I'm very sure is ripped from... was it Windman?... from MM6.
Some bosses are ripped, yes.
Basically the entire dungeon (of which Air Man is the boss) seems to be ripped from Chrono Trigger... where'd you mention that?

And how many times do I have to repeat??? About 70% of all the tiles I've made are 100% self made from scratch. It is obvious that they're heavily influenced by CT or other great games, but it shouldn't take away the effort that has gone in to making of those. Ignorant comments just makes me sad, and that's the only reason why this week's shot is my very last SOTW entry. icon_sigh.gif
And I haven't shown the best pictures to the public yet because they would contain some minor spoilers, so if you have doubts about the quest based on my SOTW shot then don't worry. You have seen nothing yet.

#33 Blonde799

Blonde799

Senior

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 05:22 AM

3 way tie? How'd that happen?icon_wink.gif

#34 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE(Petoe @ Sep 12 2003, 02:30 AM)
And how many times do I have to repeat??? About 70% of all the tiles I've made are 100% self made from scratch. It is obvious that they're heavily influenced by CT or other great games, but it shouldn't  take away the effort that has gone in to making of those. Ignorant comments just makes me sad, and that's the only reason why this week's shot is my very last SOTW entry. icon_sigh.gif

You made it unclear to me when you said that the only ripped tiles were some of C-Dawg's MM tiles and some other game. Then you proceed to say that you have a whole lot of selfmade tiles, leading me to assume that EVERYTHING was self made past those rips. icon_shrug.gif

And about your comment this being the last shot you're going to submit, I think it's because you're overrating your quest. Whenever someone criticizes it, you lash back at them because you seem to believe this quest is the absolute perfect best quest to ever come out. Well, this is SSOTW, and we criticize quite a bit. It's the main reason people submit. You're submitting for the hype of the quest, not the criticism, which could be why you aren't going to be submitting anymore.

#35 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE(Happyman @ Sep 12 2003, 05:44 AM)
And about your comment this being the last shot you're going to submit, I think it's because you're overrating your quest. Whenever someone criticizes it, you lash back at them because you seem to believe this quest is the absolute perfect best quest to ever come out. Well, this is SSOTW, and we criticize quite a bit. It's the main reason people submit. You're submitting for the hype of the quest, not the criticism, which could be why you aren't going to be submitting anymore.

I have to agree with you. Petoe says stuff like "every zelda quest is the same" and that his quest is going to be totally different.
I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen. With ZQuest's restrictions, there's only so much you can do. It doesn't give a **** whether your making a Mega Man game, or a Zelda game or any other game. If you want something different than the rest of our games here, LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM! That will solve everything. Besides, you should welcome criticism, I posted a map just last week, and didn't realize it was lacking A LOT of stuff. Thanks, to people, I fixed it. icon_wink.gif

#36 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 06:53 AM

Hey hey, no need to jump all over me! icon_eek.gif
I CAN take critic very well. Actually, I'm still waiting negative feedback from the testers of my quest, but I haven't got any. But the critic I receive here is just plain stupid! Why can't you understand that when people come telling "your tiles are JUST ripped" or your shot is plain and they don't say why, it's just not nice. And no, I'm not participating to SOTW only because I want to hype my quest, I want to see do people like the screenies, but because I don't get any useful feedback here, I won't submit any more shots here.

And why did you have to start guessing the quality of the quest here? That means I have to response. You suddenly start telling me "your quest will be nothing, blah blah blah." Well I'm sorry if you want to think that way and I think you say that just because you're... jealous. I'm not overrating my quest. I know it will be the best thing ever for ZC. And it WILL feel different than any other quests. My testers agree with me, so I'm not hallucinating. I have done so much work for the quest that I believe no one will ever use that much time to make a ZC quest.
Now please, if you want to say something about the quest, please say it in the forum of the game, or PM your thoughts. Here we should be talking only about the screenshots.

I don't want people to think that I'm some kind of a arrogant idiot who can't stand critic. Well... I think I'm out of here. Good bye, everyone. icon_sorry.gif

#37 Joe

Joe

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 09:35 AM

Petoe wrote:
I don't want people to think that I'm some kind of a arrogant idiot who can't stand critic. Well... I think I'm out of here. Good bye, everyone. 

I read something once about how a few words can speak volumes; that quote seems to apply here!

Thanks - Joe

#38 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 10:26 AM

Who will win.

SSOTW: The Epic Battle (part 36)

blonde799 33.33%
darkmatt 0.0% icon_redface.gif
petoe 33.33%
praethus 33.33%

dah dah dah, dah-dah-dah, dah-dah-dah
DAH dah-dah DAH dah-dah dahdahdah
dah-dah dah-dah dahdahdah
dah-dah dahdah DAH dahdah DAH

#39 theplustwo

theplustwo

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 11:43 AM

woah, this is a close one... well, a close game is always bettare than a blowout, is it not? icon_biggrin.gif

#40 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 12:08 PM

Petoe was correct. This thread is for discussing the shots in SOTW, not quests. If you would like to talk about a quest involved in SOTW please move it to that's quests thread/forum. If it doesn't have one, make one. On a lighter note, since there is a three way tie, I will wait until I get home tonight about midnight to declare a winner. If it is still tied then, it will be declared a tie.

#41 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 12:16 PM

wow, first ever 3-way tie.

#42 theplustwo

theplustwo

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 01:00 PM

looks like Blondie's pulled out ahead icon_slycool.gif

#43 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 09:23 PM

ack now Preathus has another vote,will the madness never end...we need a winner

#44 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 11:32 PM

My vote goes to... Petoe!

Blonde: Very good. I like the tiles. However, the green is too bright for my tastes. The shading on the trees doesn't look too good to me.. but that's about all I can find wrong with it. It looks like a great shot.

Darkmatt: It looks good. But the fact that you can't play it and instead only look at it and imagine myself missing ten times before finally making it to the hole turns me off. Creative idea, that's for sure. Just not so sure how well it works.

Petoe: Great shot. I can't say much bad about this screenshot. The only negative comment I can make is that I have no clue what those green things are. Although It's probably obvious, would you care to elaborate for me (or maybe even explain how this boss will work)?

Praethus: I like what you're doing with grass in the cave. But the shot seems too familiar. I mean, the other shots give me a sense of this freshness. And while freshness doesn't make a quest, it does get me excited, which is what counts for SotW. Solid shot, nonetheless.

That about wraps it up. And since I know people love to read, I've added this extra little stanza here just for you!

#45 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 13 September 2003 - 12:09 AM

Blonde wins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users