27 replies to this topic

#1 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:18 AM

Tick Tock

a new scripted miniquest

This is the announcement thread for my latest project, which is an experimental quest with non-traditional ZC gameplay.

mRlRHob.png m9JWJOx.png 9AVQz3j.png nedL1eF.png tePpv79.png

The whole quest is like a single big puzzle, which you have to solve under a time limit. Many actions will also make the clock tick faster, so after getting acquainted with the game world during your first runs, you will have to plan your moves and find the optimal ways to do things. There are often alternate solutions to solve the puzzles, but some are more efficient than others. 

You have to start over after your time runs out (or after you die in a boss fight), but thanks to the clues and knowledge acquired during each run, you will be steadily figuring more things out and making progress towards the ultimate goal. Be aware that, among real clues, you may also find red herrings that will only waste your time! Can you figure out what is a useful clue, and what isn't?

For completists, there is also a totally optional and cryptic meta puzzle hidden in there.

Your quest file is saved at the end of each run (since the quest does actually remember some of your progress), so make sure not to quit in the middle of a run if you feel progress has been made.

WORD OF WARNING: Because of the nature of this quest, is it very easily spoilable, so you should not watch a stream of it if you intend to play it later on. Similarly, I'd like to ask to any potential streamers to warn their viewers about this beforehand  :)

(The quest is currently under beta testing) The quest is out: https://www.purezc.n...e=quests&id=712

Edited by Jamian, 26 March 2020 - 07:38 AM.

• ShadowTiger, Anthus, Mani Kanina and 12 others like this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:28 AM

This sounds absolutely crazy. In a good way, of course. I might stream it, or probably let's play it to be on the safer side of things.

- Shane

#3 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:20 AM

I have considered similar game concepts myself a few times, I'm curious about the execution as well as themes and puzzles. Hopefully I'll get around to playing it once it's finished.

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:21 PM

I have considered similar game concepts myself a few times, I'm curious about the execution as well as themes and puzzles. Hopefully I'll get around to playing it once it's finished.

Jamian is a pretty qualified and proven quest designer, I can say confidently that Jamian understands good execution. I've already had a run with this quest (as part of the beta team) and the only critical feedback I could give are literally nitpicks. I hardly even felt that helpful because the quest is designed very well. 

#5 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:07 PM

Yeah I have played a fair few of their other works, I mean more that there are many different directions you can take the concept, so I'm intrigued to see *where* it goes. I generally don't worry about quality till I get around to playing anyway.

#6 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 March 2020 - 06:08 AM

I'm thinking of releasing this either later this month or early next month. So far no testers have found the well hidden secret, but it is admittedly hard to find  :slycool: I wonder if someone will find it eventually.

• Shane likes this

#7 vaualbus

vaualbus

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 March 2020 - 07:01 AM

I'm thinking of releasing this either later this month or early next month. So far no testers have found the well hidden secret, but it is admittedly hard to find  :slycool: I wonder if someone will find it eventually.

If you want a new tester you found one, I like when secrets are there to be found! :)

Anyway looking forward to play this!

#8 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 March 2020 - 10:23 AM

I'm not really looking for more testers, but you're welcome to try and find the big secret when the quest is out :)

#9 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:56 PM

I'll probably wrap things up and upload this during the upcoming week. May this quest provide an enjoyable distraction for you in these days of confinement.  :)

• Mani Kanina and Shane like this

#10 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:35 PM

The quest is out  :whistle:

https://www.purezc.n...e=quests&id=712

• Mani Kanina likes this

#11 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:47 PM

I will try this out. I dunno if I'll be able to finish it, but it is definitely a cool concept that I'd like to see.

EDIT: This is a lot of fun so far. Very addicting. I'm keeping notes on all the stuff I find too. Been playing for about 50 minutes.

#12 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:48 AM

Okay, I need a hint. I've tried searching everywhere, recounting all my hints, and such.

Spoiler

#13 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:20 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Jamian, 26 March 2020 - 07:37 AM.

#14 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:30 PM

Beat the game. Though...

Spoiler

#15 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:16 AM

Beat the game. Though...

Spoiler

I haven't really gotten any further than you on that stuff, nor do I honestly feel like it's something I wanna mess with. I do have some weird/dumb ideas tho, idk how useful that is:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users