• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Forum Moderators

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Oct 29 2011, 01:44 PM) View Post

If you load up the java chat on the site, you can simply use the command /server irc.bladerock.net to connect to the network.

Thanks Sephiroth, very helpful information. I added that info to the title of this topic. I may add it to the update on the main page so people know.

#17 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

I can't seem to connect for some reason now. Is bladerock down or is mibbit just being stupid?

#18 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

The server's not down. Mibbit does seem to be stupid sometimes... I'd suggest a client, if possible. mIRC or X-Chat for example.

#19 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

That'd be Mibbit being stupid. What you can do, though (assuming you're using the chat room link right now), is go here: https://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/ Click on server, and manually type in "irc.bladerock.net", and then whatever channel you want (I'm guessing #PureZC). If that don't work, I'd suggest downloading mIRC or XChat and using the tutorial here: http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=45694

#20 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

Or use this: http://wbe001.mibbit.....annel=#PureZC

It just doesn't have a separate server tab and doesn't show when people join/quit so you'll have to deal with that.

#21 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

So I tried using mibbit via my 3ds web browser and miracle of miracles, it worked fine except I can't post anything because the enter ket on the 3ds browser only functions as a return key. Does anyone know of a similar non java based web client that would be usable non functioning enter key?

Edit: Oh hey there's a super secret hidden send button. Cool. So now if Sasha (my computer) ever decides to die on me, I can still IRC...barely.

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 11 November 2011 - 12:27 AM.

• TheBlueTophat likes this

#22 Shane

Shane

• Members

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:06 AM

Wait what is the super secret send button? icon_razz.gif

#23 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE(Shane @ Nov 11 2011, 02:06 AM) View Post

Wait what is the super secret send button? icon_razz.gif

Mibbit has a tiny little button called menu which you can click and toggle "Show send button" I don't see why it's hidden by default...

#24 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

Mibbit auto-identifies some configurations like the Nintendo Wii since back around the time they initially came out, I made the request to do so, so by default, the Opera browser on Wii will show the send button. You may want to send them a request for your device as well.

#25 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

Java chat is fixed.

#26 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Contributors

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

Thank you, WildBill, for making that change. icon_smile.gif However, it'll need to be changed again within the next couple of weeks, because I bought a new domain for the server. Sorry. icon_razz.gif

For the record, guys, the new address to the server is irc.bladerock.net. The old address, bladerock.ath.cx, will cease to exist on December 1, 2011. Please update your clients (if any).

Thanks!

EDIT: Went ahead and fixed all of the posts referencing the old address to reflect the address change.

#27 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Forum Moderators

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Thank you Wild Bill! Thanks sigtau! Much appreciation given! icon_biggrin.gif

#28 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

Hey sigtau, could you maybe put a mibbit link to the new server like you did the old one? My 3DS doesn't like connecting manually (typing in the server and all), but for some reason, the original link worked for me.

#29 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

Edits made, and edited in two separate mibbit links into the original post. The PureZC Java chat is working for #PureZC again, but points to bladerock.ath.cx, which expires December 1st. We'll have to have Wild Bill change that to irc.bladerock.net at some point before that.

#30 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Nov 17 2011, 12:08 AM) View Post

Edits made, and edited in two separate mibbit links into the original post. The PureZC Java chat is working for #PureZC again, but points to bladerock.ath.cx, which expires December 1st. We'll have to have Wild Bill change that to irc.bladerock.net at some point before that.

Thanks TS. The second link works but the first tried to connect me to SixLabRats. Force of habit I guess. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users