Photo

Hyrule's Christmas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating (7 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this quest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:37 AM

Creepy? You mean morbid? Just because BB will have some morbid parts, no matter you go for the good or bad ending... But in this quest, which dungeon is creepy for you? Might be the last one? Oh, and the Apathetic boss/Cube Guardian is morbid, all right! icon_biggrin.gif

#17 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:17 PM

I just downloaded Hyrule's Christmas. CastChaos - this quest is very flashy, and it looks cool... but so far its buggy. Lots of layering issues(walking on top of Knil, for instance), DMap Titles("Your Home" is the DMap title for Knil's House) and other things make it seem a little unprofessional. It needs some touching up before entry to the database.

In "Sarcasm"... fighting 4 Red Moblins with 1 heart is not fun. ~_~ It took be 12 deaths to get through "Sarcasm", and then all I got was a HCP! I was livid. Not necessarily a bad thing, until I back-tracked and found that the room with the Red Moblins had all returned and I was forced to F6Continue to get rid of the block.

I don't know what to do now. Pointers?

BTW, I won't rate this till I beat it, so don't think that I'm just going to rate it low cause of bugs. You obviously put a lot of work into this.

EDIT: "The Darknuts will kill me if I leave town!" I was transported to the cut-scene, and then a room with a ton of fireballs. By some lucky miracle, all of the fireballs missed me, and I traversed to the left back to the cut-scene, exploiting a glitch. Dispose of Myra a little more efficiently. icon_smile.gif

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 21 December 2007 - 12:19 PM.

#18 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Dec 21 2007, 07:17 PM) View Post

I just downloaded Hyrule's Christmas. CastChaos - this quest is very flashy, and it looks cool... but so far its buggy. Lots of layering issues(walking on top of Knil, for instance), DMap Titles("Your Home" is the DMap title for Knil's House) and other things make it seem a little unprofessional. It needs some touching up before entry to the database.

In "Sarcasm"... fighting 4 Red Moblins with 1 heart is not fun. ~_~ It took be 12 deaths to get through "Sarcasm", and then all I got was a HCP! I was livid. Not necessarily a bad thing, until I back-tracked and found that the room with the Red Moblins had all returned and I was forced to F6Continue to get rid of the block.

I don't know what to do now. Pointers?

BTW, I won't rate this till I beat it, so don't think that I'm just going to rate it low cause of bugs. You obviously put a lot of work into this.

EDIT: "The Darknuts will kill me if I leave town!" I was transported to the cut-scene, and then a room with a ton of fireballs. By some lucky miracle, all of the fireballs missed me, and I traversed to the left back to the cut-scene, exploiting a glitch. Dispose of Myra a little more efficiently. icon_smile.gif

Yes, it needs some polishing. I hope you are happy to know that I already made big improvements. Walking on Knil is intentional, this is the same when your lover lays in bed and you lay next to her. I wanted to fix that DMaps name, just forgot it.

Red moblins? There's no red moblins in the game, those are Wizard Goriyas (L1 lynels). It's really hard to beat them with just an icicle and 1 heart, but consider that you can get HCs before Sarcasm, plus Sarcasm is the hardest of the first 3 dungeons and you also can get hidden items that help.

You didn't get through Sarcasm! That HCP is just a hidden item, you need to go further. For better understanding, try some other dungeon first. If you want to beat Sarcasm... just go always in the only possible direction until you get to where you got the HCP, go left then up (PUSH the chests, DON'T slash them!) and everything will be obvious.

Yes, I put a lot of work into this quest... more tha I initially planned...

Oh, and you could escape the ten deathknights? I just need to close the borders off. Then I do the same in some BB screens, too... just for safety...

#19 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

Just make Myra show up on a damage combo. Problem solved.

And can I get another hint on the good ending?

#20 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:20 AM

Speaking about the good ending...
One secret item is hidden under a snow pile, another is in a small hut. The final level's southeast and southwest rooms (where you get the two keys) have one odd object each. Use the two secret items on these odd objects to get another two secret items. With having these secret items in your hand, go to Dynamo... but don't believe his lies...

#21 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:12 AM

I bring this contest... LIFE!

Okay, I've beaten the three subdungeons. Still bitter that one of the Custom Bosses wasn't a Custom Boss, just a Blue Darknut in disguise. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I'm stuck now. I've got 2 hearts. Where can I get more hearts and passage into the last dungeon?

#22 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:38 AM

Well, that's not a custom boss because I started to run out of time.

Hearts? First of all, all four dungeons have a well hidden HCP. And I mean very well hidden. Then there's a HC one screen south from Myra's house. To get it, you need either the hammer or the bracelet. If you have the hammer, just smash the nearby rock and go near the gap. If you have the bracelet, go to the screen on the right and push the ice block. If I remember well, there's a HC near Knil's house. Logically, you need only the icicle. Might be the hammer, too. I don't remember there's more. But there's more in the DX version (if I remember well).

The last dungeon? Well, if you listen to Bigo in the library and Impa one screen south from Anja's house, then it becames obvious that you need to use the ward items in the screen with the big snow mound. Use the Tetrahedron (pyramid) on the snow mound first, then ready your other two ward items...

#23 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 06:17 PM

sorry if I'm gravedigging, (it hasn't been a month,) but how do I beat the giant fairy?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users