Photo

Screenshot of the Week 64

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(PrinceMSC @ Sep 19 2004, 01:15 AM)
Yes, SotW 16 I lost by a few votes. I entered a BS upgraded shot of the Revenge DX. There was nothing super special about the shot. That was my second time I ever entered SotW and after the defeat, I told myself I would only enter to win. It looks like I will now have seven wins under my belt, not counting SotM.

However, after this coming up SotM, I'm going to enter a new and different type of AI screen in each SotWs. I have plenty of different screen shots to choose from. Here is what you will be up against. Interior house tiles, regular cave tiles, Ice cave tiles, almost completed dungeon tiles, regular overworld tiles, volcano like overworld tiles, moonlight overworld tiles, creepy graveyard tiles, pirate like forts and ship tiles, and some Wind Waker tiles.

I guess you could say this is your warning. I plan on winning every SotW in October, and then be the only one you can vote for in the following SotM. So you better bring the best of what you got, if you don't want me to win them all. Heh, I will own the SotWs in October!!! Mawhahaha....

... Or am I only kidding? icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

That would be hilarious. I guess I'll have to pull some good stuff in October then. Almost makes me want to have saved the one I entered this week. icon_razz.gif Oh well. (Ya better not be kidding, I wanna try to beat you for once icon_razz.gif )

#32 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 19 September 2004 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(PrinceMSC @ Sep 18 2004, 08:45 PM)
I guess you could say this is your warning. I plan on winning every SotW in October, and then be the only one you can vote for in the following SotM. So you better bring the best of what you got, if you don't want me to win them all. Heh, I will own the SotWs in October!!! Mawhahaha....Well

Well, let's see... SOTW went on hiatus for awhile, right when I started my first DoR dungeon. Being as I'm preparing it for the expo in October, I've spent almost all my time on that one dungeon, but haven't submitted any of those screens to SOTW since I forgot Monday was the deadline.

So... I can guarantee you that I will have my best to date in the next month. icon_wink.gif Whether or not that is enough to win, we'll have to see, but thanks to BH4's help I can boast a dungeon almost entirely composed of custom edited and original tiles. Do you want me to save my top favorite shots for October in order to make sure I don't waste my best competition? icon_wink.gif

It's not that I'm expecting to win, it's just that I have yet to enter a shot I honestly thought had the potential to win during a week when PrinceMSC had a shot prepared. So in other words, IIRC, I have yet to come in second behind Prince, by any spread of votes. icon_razz.gif

#33 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:04 PM

Why don't we rename it "PrinceMSC's Screenshot of the Week" then, if you feel you can win all the time? Just kidding, but it seems to me that you have some good looking shots. Come on people, we need some competition to beat him! Even Tiger Woods gets beaten sometimes! Don't look at me, either. The GBC sets don't specialize in jaw-dropping graphics, so I feel that a shot from any game with these graphics will NEVER win SotW.

#34 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 19 September 2004 - 09:18 PM

That's okay Firestorm. You've already gained respect for having an eye for good design and being a fast learner. icon_smile.gif You may not be running with the right kind of set to compete in SOTW, but that doesn't mean people aren't going to play your quest.

#35 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:39 AM

Prince wins. SOTW's 65, 66, 67, and 68 should be interesting...

#36 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:26 AM

I assume this means that SotM is this week then? If so, it gives the rest of us a little prep time.

#37 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:58 PM

Prince wins. SOTW's 65, 66, 67, and 68 should be interesting...

Interesting indeed! Competition is good and I think it is going to be "Off the Chain" as they say. icon_smile.gif

Also, I entered last week's SOTW, however, I guess they never got my picture. I will enter next week's SOTW, though. oooooooowww. icon_smile.gif

#38 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(IaN @ Sep 20 2004, 07:26 AM)
I assume this means that SotM is this week then? If so, it gives the rest of us a little prep time.

Doh... I forgot and submitted my #65... >_<

Oh well... I guess it can stay. My screen isn't going to change as far as I can tell.

#39 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:58 PM

By the time Prince wins 2 SSOTW, people WILL husle to prevent other winnings by Prince.

BTW: Codelinker, when did you get 1000 posts?

#40 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Sep 20 2004, 05:32 PM)
Doh... I forgot and submitted my #65... >_<

Oh well... I guess it can stay. My screen isn't going to change as far as I can tell.

...I couldn't say it any better myself. I'm a first-time contender, so up against prince I don't think i'll stand much of a chance. i might get a few votes, though! (wink wink nudge nudge)

#41 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE(lord_jamitossi @ Sep 20 2004, 06:24 PM)
...I couldn't say it any better myself. I'm a first-time contender, so up against prince I don't think i'll stand much of a chance. i might get a few votes, though! (wink wink nudge nudge)

...Uh...

I wasn't saying "doh" regarding PrinceMSC entering. icon_razz.gif I said "doh" because I forgot that Screenshot of the Month is this week, so I had another week before the deadline for submissions for the next SOTW.

While Prince obviously puts up a fight, I don't see the point in going on about how "undefeatable" he is. Was a shot submitted this week that would have been the most likely contender to go up against him? I say not really. Luck really does have a part in determining how fierce the competition will be. We've had weeks where nothing stood out, and weeks where no less than three shots all were good enough to say "now that belongs on the front page."

#42 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE(SwordOfSeals @ Sep 20 2004, 10:28 PM)
By the time Prince wins 2 SSOTW, people WILL husle to prevent other winnings by Prince.

Personally, I hope not. I dunno about you guys, but I'm taking as a period to see how good I can do, and use my best shots. You know, put your best up against Prince. You never really know when he's gonna enter, so you usually don't end up getting a good shot up against Prince. October will definately be something to see.

#43 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:07 PM

Let me remind the people who are for getting about SotM. I won this one, but you can still try to beat me if you can win a SotW before SotM. Which we still have two more SotW left before SotM.

And by the way, I've never lost a SotM. Expect for me beating me.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#44 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:47 PM

Prince, you are mistaken. SOTM is this week. It's not based off of actual weeks in the month. After every 4 SOTW's there is a SOTM, regardless of time of month.

#45 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:55 PM

So... then... If there are months with five weeks in them instead of four... Who knows how many SSOTM's we could be behind! icon_eek.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users