Photo

Pokemon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:24 PM

Just announced. The rumors were goddamn real. I need some time to parse this.

• Jared likes this

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

I'm still shaking. I'm SO excited!

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

That's not all, yet another title confirmed for next year.

#4 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

Ugh, more Kanto being shoved down our throats (like we didn't had enough) and on the style of Pokemon Go. Big pass.

#5 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:13 PM

Ugh, more Kanto being shoved down our throats (like we didn't had enough) and on the style of Pokemon Go. Big pass.

More pokemon for me, then!

• Shane and Jared like this

#6 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

You can keep them, i don't care. Then again, i always found Pokemon Go to be really, really dumb anyway. And doing a remake of a Kanto game, a region i'm sick and tired of, on a style of a game i don't like is just a recipe for pass to me.

#7 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

You can keep them, i don't care. Then again, i always found Pokemon Go to be really, really dumb anyway. And doing a remake of a Kanto game, a region i'm sick and tired of, on a style of a game i don't like is just a recipe for pass to me.

I'll agree that I don't like the style that much either. I think the game looks fun otherwise though.

#8 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:40 PM

They look pretty interesting to me. I currently have both Pikachu and Eevee preordered on Amazon, although I may only get one of them. Looking forward to exploring Kanto in this style. Seems like it'll be a little more of a casual type adventure which is fine, since we still have a core game coming our way next year. I'm playing Pokemon Quest right now though.

• Jared likes this

#9 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:20 PM

I'm not a fan of the fact that you don't seem to be able to battle wild Pokemon at all, but other than that I'm on board.

#10 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:54 PM

This is 100% a spin off game. It's cool I guess, but I'll wait until next year.

• Cukeman likes this

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:17 AM

Stuff that's confirmed:

- Only the original 151 Pokemon. Meaning a game that features Eevee as the star only has 3/8 Eeveelutions.
- No wild battles, only throwing Pokeballs at Pokemon as in Pokemon Go.
- Graphics that are only marginally better than Gen 7's, which was on the 3DS.

Stuff that's hinted at but not outright confirmed:

- Pokemon Go leveling system.
- No online functionality (I've heard conflicting reports on this one).

I understand it's designed to entice Go fans into buying a Switch, and perhaps it'll be successful. For my part though... it looks awful. A Gen 1 remake that ditches just about everything that makes the series popular in the first place. Co-op mode looks cool, but everything else looks bland and misguided. Again, I'm guessing it's designed with a specific purpose in mind, so I guess if it succeeds there, good for them, but as a Pokemon game, it looks exceedingly poor.
  • Norzan likes this

#12 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:45 AM

This is 100% a spin off game. It's cool I guess, but I'll wait until next year.

I agree. Trailer had me thinking Pikachu/Eevee was gonna be the main series entry, and it looks pretty enough to be. I think some people are not going to know it's not a core game and be disappointed.

• Matthew likes this

#13 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:34 AM

I understand it's designed to entice Go fans into buying a Switch, and perhaps it'll be successful. For my part though... it looks awful. A Gen 1 remake that ditches just about everything that makes the series popular in the first place. Co-op mode looks cool, but everything else looks bland and misguided. Again, I'm guessing it's designed with a specific purpose in mind, so I guess if it succeeds there, good for them, but as a Pokemon game, it looks exceedingly poor.

I agree somewhat with this sentiment, tbh, but I think it looks like a decent game, personally. The fact that it's not really a Pokémon game in the same vein makes me a little sad (I wanted proper Pokémon Switch coming out soon, but I guess that means I'll be less behind when I finally do get one), but Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and Pokémon Ranger are also pretty good, so it's probably not an awful thing.

Other things this game will probably do is make Pokémon Go come back to prominence (not that it stopped being popular, but it's not really that relevant anymore), and maybe get some new people to come to Pokémon, since it looks a lot more casual than the actual games.

I think that Game Freak/Nintendo should make completely clear ASAP that it's a spin-off game.

Anyway, If I had a Switch and my own money, I'd possibly buy this. Probably won't ask my parents for it if I don't see it on offer, though.

#14 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

As someone who actually really likes the Eevee Line, Kanto + Pokemon Go, this still doesn't look very good. It is a bridge game to get people who only played Go to play the Main Series in 2019. It is a great tactic to get sales, just don't expect this game to be anything other than for Casuals, with the difficulty turned down and unnecessary tutorials about basic gameplay elements shoved in your face.

I do see a big issue with being unable to battle Wild Pokemon too and the currently unknown way to level your Pokemon up. Go's leveling style really wouldn't work well here so I hope they don't implement that.

Throwing balls to catch Pokemon also looks like it is either going to be a wonky mess at times with motion controls similar to the Wii era with some games or be so easy that it is boring. Probably the latter seeing whom their target audience is.

As for me, I won't be getting this nor the Switch. Low on $ and already played through Yellow and Leaf Green. So seen enough of Kanto already anyway.

(I would love the option to dress up your Eevee added to Pokemon Go still.)

#15 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

What I do hope is that you can transfer pokémon from here to the real Pokémon Switch. Although if the game's bad (this one, I mean), then that would probably make it even worse. If not, then it means that even Go will actually be useful to the main series. As a fan of Go (I still play every now and then), I'd love to see that.

They'd need some way to translate CP to levels, and the stats over to the actual game, but they'll probably work that out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users