Photo

NJF's Unofficial PureZC DotY 2014 Contest (December)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Poll: NJF's Unofficial PureZC DotY 2014 Contest (December) (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Quest Project Demo did you like best in December?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:57 PM

NJF's Unofficial PureZC Demo of the Year 2014 Contest (December)

Welcome:

Welcome to the 10th and final round of the 1st part of the DotY. We have finally reached December, the final month of the year. After this month we'll have all our contestants who will truly be going head to head to try and win the title of Demo of the Year. But since we haven't reached that point just yet, how about we make this month special as the final month of the year. Also, December is the month we celebrated Christmas! And everybody loves Christmas! (except those who may be morally offended by it or simply don't care about it, and have every right to be so... lol)

The Demos:

We have an interesting variety of demos this time. Everything from story-driven quests, to an action space-shooters, to even troll quests. This is the final lot of quest demos that will be featured in this contest, so I'm very excited to see how this will turn out. So how about we get right to the demos?

Part 10: December

Link's Quest for Portugal - Vila de Sabrosa Demo

My Playthrough

A quest project demo featuring a miniquest released to the quest project demo database on the 17th of December by Eddy (previously EddyTheOliveira). This demo includes a full area that you can explore and the first dungeon of the game. This is a joke quest about Portugal. A place Eddy has said in his quest project page that he's "in Portugal for too long". 

The Rusted Souls - Demo 1

My Playthrough

A quest project demo featuring a unique quest released to the quest project demo database on the 19th of December by Limebeer. This quest, according to the information provided by the author, is pretty much a test quest developed by the author to get himself into using zquest and Zelda Classic.

Moosh's Troll Game - Troll Demo 1

My Playthrough

A quest project demo featuring a cancelled dungeon romper released to the quest project demo database on the 21st of December by joelmacool12. This demo includes some of the overworld, complete level 1, and part of level 2. This quest is a sequel to Eddy's Troll Day, and it was originally designed to troll Moosh until it was unfortunately cancelled. Still, the demo can be viewed here and the demos are still playable for everybody to enjoy. I wonder, will Moosh ever try out this game? I think he should, or watch my playthrough at least. 

Golden Memories - GM Demo #2

My Playthrough

A quest project demo featuring a story-driven quest released to the quest project demo database on the 22nd of December by Dawnlight and Xenix. There is so much content in this demo that it would take an entire page for me to share them here, so instead, I recommend you refer to the overview description of this particular demo, and follow the quest project to find out much more about this demo. This demo is highly anticipated and is arguably the best demo in the quest project demo database. 

Eddy (Classic) - Demo 2

My Playthrough

A quest project demo featuring a story-driven quest released on the quest project database on the 27th of December by joelmacool. It is a quest about Eddy (previously EddyTheOliveira), there is not really much else I can say. 

Zodiac: Story of the Guardian - PUBLIC Beta 12-29-14

My Playthrough

Unfortunately, I have no information on this demo because it was removed from the quest project database. However, you can watch my playthrough of this demo if you want to know more. You can also refer to this quest project itself if you want to know more about it. I believe this quest has more modern demos released you can also try if you are interested in playing this space-shooter type quest.

I Dunno - Demo 6

My Playthrough

A quest project demo featuring a miniquest released on the quest project database on the 30th of December by Nekoishi. This quest mostly seems like an experimental quest, according to the information provided by the author. It's certainly a unique quest. Also, be sure to stay away from the Death Tree. 

• Avaro likes this

#2 C-Dawg

C-Dawg

Magus

• Members

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

Regarding Zodiac:

Thanks for posting the video!  That should help people see the kind of game this is.  Its not a space-shooter, at least not entirely, but it does have space shooter sections reminiscent of The Guardian Legend on NES.  I encourage you to boot up the latest demo and revisit it now, NJF, after reading the manual that explains some functionality I think you missed!

People should be clear that I update demos almost every two or three days.  And, not with little stuff, either; each update comes with bugfixes people have reported, new functionality and new enemies, etc.  Things have changed dramatically since the video you can see here (but not really a ton in the part he actually played).  Each demo is actually the entire game -- you can go from the start right up to the final boss and see the place holder end credits.  What I'm doing now is essentially edits, updating parts that people complain about.  That is why old demos go away; I can only hold 3 demos at a time in the project page, so the older one gets replaced when I update.

To make this as good as possible, I need your comments.  I want to address every concern about the play experience and make it as satisfactory as I can.  There is very little that I cannot change using scripting, so whatever you think would make the game better, come on down to the quest thread or project and let me know.  More people who play it now, the greater a variety of players I can try to please with the finished product.

EDIT: If you do want to check it out, start by reading the manual so you have a better experience:

http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=66216

Edited by C-Dawg, 11 March 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

This is the last day for this week's round of the contest. You only have one more chance to vote if you haven't. I'm posting this as a reminder. Golden Memories right now is winning with a whopping 7 votes. Wow!

If you have a favorite demo, and haven't voted, now is your last chance. Tomorrow I'll be concluding this week's poll and then proceed with the finals and I'll be explaining then how I will approach them as well. 

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

Congratulations:

Golden Memories - GM Demo #2

We finally have concluded the first part of this contest. Every month has been concluded and we will now move to the finals. I will reveal more information in the main topic, and I will get a moderator to lock this topic. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users