• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

http://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/

Here we go again.  Give it a little time to get going, and it really opens up :3.  Got me a small village so far *crashes in bed*

#2 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

Oh no. Is this another Candy Box style game? So much time lost... @_@

#3 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

It is~  And it's got more random events o.o.

Spoiler

Edited by Koh, 01 July 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

This reminds of Lost in Blue for ds.

#5 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

Alright, another one of these. Does anyone if this is the true sequel?

#6 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

I liked Candy Box better. I could just leave my computer running overnight on that one. This one has random dialogue boxes appear and freeze everything until they're closed. I also didn't like the way that resource gathering was done. No matter what I did and how a allocated villagers for tasks, I'd end up with very long periods of time where I'd stop receiving a resource even though I had EVERYBODY set to gathering that resource. When it gets to where you absolutely need the materials for more water storage for longer distance travel, and the game is refusing to allow you to have the materials no matter what, you're reduced to waiting and being unable to do anything at all until the game decides to start working correctly again.

#7 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

This is a fun little game!! I'm at a large village right now, still going!! I've been attacked multiple times by beasts but at least half of my village tends to survive. I hope I continue to be lucky!! :D

#8 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

I was sad when it said I couldn't build any more huts.

I noticed that you ran into a lot less random encounters when you pressed the arrow keys really quickly. Could anybody else confirm?

I liked the twist near the end.

@kurt91, I didn't run into any bugs whatsoever. You do know some of the resources take other resource types to be created?

#9 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

I know that, that's why I needed iron so badly. I got myself an iron mine, and turned everybody into iron workers, with just a couple leftover to harvest wood and meat, but I wasn't getting any iron.

#10 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

Did you have any charcutioners running? The miners take cured meat, not plain meat.

Edit:

To get stable iron production, you need:

• 5 Gatherers
  • 10 Hunters
  • 1 Charcutioner
  • 1 Iron Miner

And if your village is large enough, you'll lose some resources to thieves, so you need to account for that as well.

Edited by grayswandir, 02 July 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#11 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Just finished it. The game can be pretty brutal at times, and I really am not a huge fan of the ridiculous prices on everything the nomads offer. But, still pretty fun!

#12 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

With that bit of advice, I tweaked my population so that I've got a slow and steady production in as many things as possible. However, I'm sorely needing bullets to deal with the military guarding a sulfur mine. I found out that bullets are made from scales, but I can't figure out a way to produce scales other than trading fur at a rate of 150 fur per 1 scale! There has got to be a faster way to get these things. Any advice? For now, all I can think of is to tell all my gatherers to become hunters instead, and trade in my wood production for more fur.

EDIT: Never mind. I went exploring in some other directions, and in the meantime, the Master showed up a few more times at my camp and gave me enough perks to force my way through. Once my sulfur production got started, I unlocked building an armory, and now I can produce bullets on my own. Now that I can build guns too, I should be ready to finish filling out the map in just a bit. All I need now is time.

I take back what I said earlier. Once you understand what you're doing, this is a lot more fun than Candy Box. That one, all you were doing was constantly waiting. Here, you're spending your spare time managing resources, and you're a lot more active throughout the game.

Edited by kurt91, 02 July 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#13 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

What I do when in a dusty path is take a bone spear, iron sword, and steel sword all at once. Sometimes a rifle with bullets, but if you bring 3 weapons, you'll be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users