Photo

Screenshot of the Week 88

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:57 AM

drari
user posted image

Hero_of_Hyrule
user posted image
Trapped by ghosts.

lord_jamitossi
user posted image
Hey, it's hot in here!

Shashomaru
user posted image

Shoelace
user posted image
Here Link plays the Song of Seasons to change the seasons.

System Error
user posted image
Now who the hell puts a giant sword you can walk into in the middle of a glacier?

#2 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:13 AM

I forgot to submit my shot. I would've kicked ass this week if I had. icon_aggravated.gif

Anyways, I'm going with Shash's. Nice transparent water, great detail, all good yo. icon_thumbsup.gif

#3 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:57 AM

Animation seems to have gotten to be popular o_O

*Votes for Shashomaru*
*Checks if he spelled that right*

#4 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:29 PM

I voted for Sashomaru, because it was the only shot that had content, ya know? The picture that really moves a person. The rest were, like, meh.

#5 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:50 PM

Shashamaru...great shot...i don't know why...it just speaks to me...

#6 venom343

venom343

Senior

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:25 PM

i voted for Shashomaru, the waters sweat icon_wink.gif

#7 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:36 PM

Shashomaru's shot isn't showing up right now, so I'll comment later. I null voted seeing as I entered.

EDIT: That's better. This animation stuff is really getting out of hand. Of the 6 shots, 3 are animated.
Comments:

drari : Nice cliff tiles, nice shot altogether. I don't like the player tiles though (and that's what you see the most of in a quest) and the house on top of the cliff is sorta badly placed. I mean, you walk out the front door and fall to your death...

Hero_of_Hyrule : The only thing this shot really has going for it is the fact that it's animated. There's a bit of mood going for it, but it needs something more to pull it off.

lord_jamitossi : Yes, well that's me. This shot is still in the works, I've been making these tiles for a while now and I wanted to release them into the wild. I don't really expect to win with this shot, but rather to get some *constuctive* criticism.

Shashomaru : This shot is very nice. The shadowing and firefly/fairy sparks really set the mood. What makes me say that this is the best shot, on the other hand, is the water. The way it's layered makes it look... non-material. Kinda mystical-thing.

Shoelace : As usual, a very nice shot. You're bound to win one one of these days...

System_error : This is nice, but I would re-work the sword. The way it goes inwards at the bottom makes it look really out of proportion. The 'shivering' effect is interesting, but it's kinda distracting.

Edited by lord_jamitossi, 02 May 2005 - 05:43 PM.

#8 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:16 PM

Sometimes, most notably for rain and snow effects, you need to use animation in order to get things to look right.

The "shiver" effect on my screenshot is because of the gif. Plus, this shot really was just intended to show off the sword and glaciers in one shot. In my quest, it appears in the dirt and looks a lot better.. The shot looked empty without the snow, so I added it in. You might need to look closely to see the cracks in the ice.

drari - The vines look a little funky. Besides that, I don't see anything wrong.

Hero_of_Hyrule - You went a little overboard with the rocks in the path, but other than that, it's great.

lord_jamitossi - Looks slightly bland. It needs a little more shading. Other than that, it looks fine.

Shashomaru - If possible, try to add a "refraction wave" effect to the sand below the water. It looks odd without it. Plus, I was never really a fan of hovering leaves. Excellent layout, however.

Shoelace - Nothing wrong I can see here, except the bushes annoy me for some reason...

Edited by System Error, 02 May 2005 - 06:17 PM.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

Believe it or not, I voted for drari. There was just something incredibly appealing about it that I just couldn't quite put my finger on. Everything but the houses, the grass, the trees, fences, and the cliffs, (Minus the vines. icon_wink.gif ) was outstanding.

Of course, were it not for drari's shot, I definitely would have voted for Shashomaru's as well. THAT, is an admirable screenshot. I envy it on many levels. ^_^ Keep up the good work man. icon_smile.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#10 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:27 PM

Man Shashomaru Pure 1337ness!!!!! (like phil. icon_razz.gif) Fantastic job. icon_thumbsup.gif

#11 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:28 PM

I voted Shash. none of them really stood out, but Shash's was the best; it has a nice screen setup

#12 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:12 AM

drari: I don't like the diagonal mountain tiles, and that section coming out at the top seems rather... pointless. icon_shrug.gif
Hero_of_Hyrule: I like this shot. icon_thumbsup.gif Somehow it's very appealing. icon_wink.gif
lord_jamitossi: Nice custom tiles. The only problem is that the walls are empty. You should probably try putting in random darker pixels, or add decorations... just something.
Shashomaru: Great shot. I like the great detail you did with the pure cliff set. The complexity of it is really good.
Shoelace: I love your idea of the changing seasons. You even have him playing his ocarina, it's really cool. icon_thumbsup.gif
System Error: Those swords don't look like they are going up. They look like they are lying flat. Perhaps a shadow is in order? There also needs to a water border with the ground. It looks like the whole place is floating. icon_razz.gif

My vote was for Shash.

#13 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE(venom343 @ May 2 2005, 02:25 PM)
i voted for Shashomaru, the waters sweat icon_wink.gif

It is? Ew. I wouldn't want to go swimming in it. icon_razz.gif

Shashomaru's gotten a lot better at the whole screenshot and graphics thing. I actually think Shash's is nice because of the Link Sprite, the sparkly things, and the vines. Of course, the transparent water is cool too. icon_razz.gif

#14 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:49 PM

Hey! I got a vote! Sweet!

SE, LtM, I see what you're saying about the blandness thing. That can easily be fixed though.

(In case you didn't notice, this is a bump post. Reply, people! I need more than two comments!)

#15 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:58 PM

*Null Votes*

Heh...I thought I would be the only one with an animated shot. icon_razz.gif

Like everyone else here, I like Shashomaru's shot the best. The only problem I have with it is the water. I really like the waterfall, but you can't even see the rest of the water except for the waves. Still...it's a very good shot. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users