Photo

Screenshot of the Week 770 (prev. Screenshot of the Month 190)

Aefre Einsiety Majora Taco Chopper

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Month 190 (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 June 2022 - 11:30 PM

Aefre

Aefre.png

An overgrown castle found deep within the southern woods...

Einsiety

Einsiety.png

A domain which can only be described as an anomaly of magic, only those with the willpower to survive through both the harshest cold and unrelenting heat dare attempt the trek through this Frypolar Peak.

Majora

Majora.png

Dark echoes of the past writhe against their shackles, an oath that reaches to the stars themselves... will you be able to set things right for good and bring everlasting peace and freedom to all?

Taco Chopper

Taco%20Chopper.png

♪♫ blowing my flute in the bowels of the underworld... ♫♪

#2 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 20 June 2022 - 01:27 PM

I really like Aefre's screen. It's just a nice mood with a nice palette, and I appreciate little touches like the treasure chest's colors being desaturated but the torches standing out. I took a bit to realize that the effect in the shallow water in the top right was a treetop layer effect--I thought it was a funky reflection for a bit. Still looks cool!

Einsiety's screen doesn't do it for me. I'm not sure whether to call it a tileset or a palette thing, considering the trees are what bother me the most and they're recolored GBC trees. The bold unaliased black outlines just stand out against the white way too much for my taste, and the brown trunks are also a bit too saturated to really sell the winter half's look for me. The unholy lava ice effects are kinda neat.

I don't really know what to say about Majora's screen! It's a title screen, I was never gonna vote here. I do think the world underneath is awkward, it's full of all these stray pixels.

Taco Chopper's screen is perfectly serviceable, it's just...harsh. The red glare on everything is a little overpowering. The building especially, I think? I do like how it gives that one plant on the left this little reddish gleam and sort of wish there was more of that. Kinda forces you to break GBC, but only in a non-obvious way where I had to stop and count colors to make sure, sooooo.

• nicklegends and Haylee like this

#3 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 02 July 2022 - 12:50 PM

I like them all!

Aefre
An atmospheric scene. I can feel the cool and the shadows. The north shore is symmetric across the vertical axis, which seems ever-so-slightly out of place in an organic setting.

Einsiety
A dramatic location! I like the theme, though I think a transition tile between the ice and fire elements on the right shore could be welcome.

Majora
A strong title screen with a good amount of detail (the sheen in the lettering, the subtle background gradient, the uneven clouds). I'm not sure what I would change.

Taco Chopper
Seems like this could be a shot from one of the Ages games. Looks foreboding!

It's a tough call (especially comparing a title screen shot to three gameplay shots of a different style), but my vote goes to Majora.
  • Rambly likes this

#4 Rainbowlili

Rainbowlili

• Members

Posted 18 July 2022 - 04:57 PM

prefiro Taco chopper Os jogos dele são bem iguais a saga oracle

• Rambly and Taco Chopper like this

#5 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 03 August 2022 - 12:37 AM

With 55.26% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Month 190 is Aefre!

Aefre.png

An overgrown castle found deep within the southern woods...

Congrats!

Voting totals:

- Aefre - 21 votes [55.26%]

- Einsiety - 5 votes [13.16%]

- Majora - 4 votes [10.53%]

- Taco Chopper - 8 votes [21.05%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aefre, Einsiety, Majora, Taco Chopper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users