Freeform Combos

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#46 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:27 PM

Unfortunately, no. It's a 2.5 only feature.

#47 damoocow5000

damoocow5000

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:34 PM

How do you get FFCs to stop moving at a particular point?

Edited by damoocow5000, 10 July 2008 - 04:44 PM.

#48 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

scripts. warps. changers.

don't ask me about changers. i still haven't quite figured out how to use them yet >.<

#49 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

to make an FFC stop at a particular point you set up an x or y axis points then make an transparent freeform combo and set the flag to *is a changer(invisible) make sure the x and y speeds at the freeform combo is 0 and it will eventually stop at that location. this is beta 2.5 build 679

#50 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:56 AM

What does this "Ethereal" FFC flag do? I tested it, but it didn't make any change that I could see...

Also, I was extreme happy when I saw that the "carry-over" flag really means that it follows Link to the screen where he goes... But I became sad when I saw that the stupid FFC keeps following Link anywhere... So how do I tell the FFC to stop following Link after a few screens?
You see, I made a big 2x3 object move around the screen and I didn't want to set up the same 11 FFCs in the next screen of the boss battle... but this flag makes it so that the objects will circle around the main character through the entire quest from now on... Which I obviously can't let...

#51 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

It's been two months, but I'll answer your question.

There is a screen flag called "FFCs don't carry over". Check it. Freeform combos will stop following him on that screen.

#52 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Dec 17 2008, 04:24 PM) View Post

It's been two months, but I'll answer your question.

There is a screen flag called "FFCs don't carry over". Check it. Freeform combos will stop following him on that screen.

but he wants the FFC to follow Link for a little bit THEN stop. icon_shrug.gif

(also, lol, 4 months later icon_sweat.gif )

Edited by Alestance, 27 March 2009 - 08:34 PM.

#53 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

Hmmm. So wouldn't the proper procedure be to "fence in" FFCs by surrounding the area with screens that have the "no FFC carryover" flag checked?

Also, when you scroll to a new screen, does the FFC stay stationary during scrolling while the map moves beneath it, much like Link does during a scrolling warp?

#54 PineconnFan

PineconnFan

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:51 AM

Great guide! By PineconnFan

#55 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:24 PM

That tutorial on Freeform Combos is completly confusing. I should try it much later on when I start to understand them.

#56 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:56 PM

I think you'll find that experimentation is the best way to discover the many secrets of freeform combos. Freeform combos are by far the best thing to happen to Zelda Classic in my opinion. They took all the work out of custom bosses. Now what used to take weeks of making screens with timed warps can be done in a few seconds. icon_biggrin.gif

#57 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ May 24 2010, 11:56 PM) View Post

I think you'll find that experimentation is the best way to discover the many secrets of freeform combos. Freeform combos are by far the best thing to happen to Zelda Classic in my opinion. They took all the work out of custom bosses. Now what used to take weeks of making screens with timed warps can be done in a few seconds. icon_biggrin.gif

But I still find them really difficuilt. Mabye on my 7th quest or something I will start using them. Or mabye later on.

#58 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:46 AM

I'm looking into this freeform combo business myself. It seems like it does indeed require some instant timed warps plus FFCs to get a proper custom boss to work right. You utilize a FFC combo on screen for one function, warp to another screen (for the boss's second attack) and another FFC activates for that, etc.

#59 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:55 PM

Quoted from my post at AGN; just occurred to me PZC might benefit more than AGN if this question gets resolved...

I'm tearing my hair out over this. I'm trying to create a 2x2 quicksand pit that moves in a clockwise rectangle pattern; the quicksand pit is animated, and all four directions use the same combo, and other than that its supposed movement is pretty much akin to the other guy's Moblin example back on Page 2. But I absolutely CANNOT make the Changers behave like they should. >_<

I read _L_'s description multiple times, as well as the one on ZCwiki... If my Quicksand Pit is FFC #1, and the first Changer it'll hit is #2 (with "Swap Speed w/ Next FFC" enabled) , that would imply that FFC #1's Speed values will change to #2's values, right? Because that's not what happens. The Quicksand Pit simply freezes its movement completely. The graphical animation works properly, but the movement is completely busted and no matter what I think of to try it WILL NOT do as I command it.

Someone assist this sore and frustrated soul. Please guys.

b1296, by the way.

On that note, this stickied thread is probably in dire need of replacement with something up to date. I mean come on, b10?

#60 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Is there a way to make a freeform combo appear when secrets are triggered?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users