Underrated or Obscure ZC Quests

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:24 PM

Mt. Adam is an obvious reference to his friend, RedmageAdam, and let's not forget joelmacool's girlfriend's cameo)

Joel has a girlfriend?

Edited by ZeldaPlayer, 03 November 2014 - 10:24 PM.

• Joelmacool likes this

#32 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

Path of Shadows, an amazing quest, but somehow it isn't rated as high as I thought. 

Also, puzzle quest. I actually liked it, but dang is it low rated on the database.

#33 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

Eddy's Troll Day is yet another hidden gemstone in the sea of quests. Made by joelmacool12, this quest was made for his brother, EddyTheOliveira. Think about that for a moment. joelmacool12 made a quest for his older brother. That's right, a whole quest dedicated to show his love for his older brother. That's something you don't usually see from a family member or friend for that matter. He also dedicated some references to his friends (Mt. Adam is an obvious reference to his friend, RedmageAdam, and let's not forget joelmacool's girlfriend's cameo). This quest, on the outside, seems like a poorly designed troll quest. But deep down inside, where few only can truly see, this quest is innocent, sunshine and rainbows and is a quest of love, peace and hope.

The sad part though, is that it's difficult as fuck :(

Anyways, yet another quest pops to my mind which is Link's 3rd Day... by joelmacool12 again, though this time, it's actually pretty decent and it is definitely Joel's best work.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 04 November 2014 - 11:05 AM.

• Shane likes this

#34 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:15 PM

I think okabe-san's Nine Villages is one of the hidden gems here, it's not underrated, probably just obscure

#35 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:58 AM

A Link to the Darkness 5. This quest is noticeably very, very flawed. But, for it's time (and being a 1.90 quest) it pulls off a lot of cool things. Very memorable for me, and one of my favorites. The tileset for this quest was actually used for both the quest I have on this DB, and the one I'm working on (huge pain in the ass turning a 1.90 tileset into something newish, no doubt some of my burnout is related to this)

Edited by Valientlink, 12 November 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#36 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

That being 100 years later for my choice, i likes the outline and the bizarre secret for getting a powerful sword early on.

it Is one of my faves as i first started coming to Pure zelda site, and the very- first i started playing here from the downloaded quests besides,  -fun in the sun 1 or 2.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 20 May 2017 - 06:37 PM.

#37 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:15 AM

I've mentioned this a few times in other place, but Lyrics of Death by LunarRedMage. The jumping is a bit wacky here and there. But it's very solid anyways.

• Shane and SkyLizardGirl like this

#38 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:16 AM

I know it's a 1st quest remake, but the Link to the Past Graphics 1st quest remake that came packaged with versions 1.92 and 2.10. It is basically the first quest, just a bit harder and with boss keys. Otherwise, has a nice selection of music and adds a few QoL features not present in the original (continuing with full hearts for instance). My only real gripe is that the Ganon fight is borderline unfair (you can get knocked into a pit and have to restart the fight). I kind of wish that quest got re-released on modern versions of ZC. Perhaps it could add in all of the new items introduced in 2.50 and include 8-way movement?

EDIT: This is the quest in question I am referring to:

Edited by RedmageAdam, 23 May 2017 - 05:28 AM.

#39 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:04 AM

It was popular in the day, but kind of a cult classic today, AlphaDawg's Unofficial 3rd Quest (not the Conquest of Sarpadia version).  Remember a lot of things from that quest.  I wish I could restore it for this version "legally".

-James

#40 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:12 AM

I've mentioned this a few times in other place, but Lyrics of Death by LunarRedMage. The jumping is a bit wacky here and there. But it's very solid anyways.

I definitely second this. Severely underrated and obscure.

#41 bigboylink

bigboylink

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:24 PM

It was popular in the day, but kind of a cult classic today, AlphaDawg's Unofficial 3rd Quest (not the Conquest of Sarpadia version).  Remember a lot of things from that quest.  I wish I could restore it for this version "legally".

-James

Oooh yea, this was a treat to play.  Except on the way to Turtle Rock: "Gotcha!"

As for my own contribution to this thread, I'll nominate JayeM's Turnabout: http://www.purezc.ne...age=quests&id=7

#42 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

Oks, .. after thinking abouts it, this is one of my most favorite quests.*  

People should play it, -look for it and try its. Is a very rare quest.'

(-Nobody i see in Pure ZC has a Windows 95 dungeon.)  

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 02 June 2017 - 01:31 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#43 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

I'm going to pop in here and flog LoZ: the Nine Villages, GRIKARUGUN, and Golvellius la Quete du Second.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#44 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:28 PM

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Zelda's Butt by Spram was a great quest. It's not exactly "underrated" but it is relatively obscure.

• strike, SkyLizardGirl and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#45 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:02 PM

Dungeon Link by Nik.   Unique, at times frustrating, but deep and engrossing (and very well designed in places) once you get into it.   Very hard in the beginning but the difficulty smooths out a bit as you go.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users