Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#106 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:05 PM

A Nintendo Direct just happened followed by a surprise showcase video on Banjo & Kazooie.

Direct:

-Banjo & Kazooie are being released later today along with Ver. 5.0.

-DLC Character #4 is revealed to be....

Spoiler

-But the big surprise is....DLC Character #5 will NOT be the last DLC character! More DLC characters will be coming!

Banjo-Kazooie & Ver. 5.0 Showcase Video:

-Banjo & Kazooie use their moves from their games like shooting eggs (Hold down B to use the Breegull Blaster. Down B shoots a Grenade Egg from behind which can be picked up and thrown, but explodes quickly), the Wonderwing (Side B, only has 5 uses per stock), and more.

-Spiral Mountain is fought on top of the mountain and it rotates around at times (the rotating might make you feel sick if you're prone to motion sickness considering the background spins as well. Worse, the Battlefield and Omega versions of the stage also have the stage rotating).

-Cameos include Bottles, Gruntilda, Mumbo Jumbo, and if you look hard enough in the background....you might see Banjo's sister Tooty!

-10 songs will be included (7 are new remixes). Songs include the Banjo-Kazooie Main Theme, Spiral Mountain, Mumbo's Mountain, Treasure Trove Cove, Freezy Peak, Gobi's Valley, Mad Monster Mansion, vs. Klungo, vs. Mr. Patch, & the boss theme when you fight the angler fish boss in Banjo-Tootie's fourth world. Banjo-Kazooie's Victory Fanfare is the "Got Jiggy" Theme.

-Home Run Derby returns! But it will be the last new mode for Ultimate.

-And of course, new & returning Mii Costumes which includes Goemon, the return of the Proto Man & Zero costumes, and Team Rocket Grunt.

-There was also a sneak peek at Terry (showing off a couple of his moves) and his stage (A stadium with a "King of Fighters" sign in the background).

Edited by KEM64, 04 September 2019 - 10:43 PM.

#107 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:52 PM

You forgot to mention they also adds Sans as a Mii costume...

#108 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:31 PM

Ver. 6.0 has just been released today which adds Terry Bogard, his stage with 50 songs (from not only Terry's games, but other SNK games like Samurai Shodown and even Metal Slug) and about cameos of about 20 characters from SNK's fighting games (but not Mai because she would endanger Smash Ultimate's E10+ rating), a new DLC Spirit Board based on SNK, and 5 new Mii costumes (3 based on SNK fighting games, the other 2 are returning costumes based on Akira and Jacky from Virtua Fighter).

#109 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:29 AM

Are than any other changes beyond more fighters/music/spirits/gameplay balance?

Edit: https://en-americas-....-ultimate#v600

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 07 November 2019 - 06:53 AM.

#110 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:14 PM

I honestly really like Terry! I also love his stage gimmick, I wish more stages had the same gimmick!

• ShadowTiger likes this

#111 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 07 November 2019 - 06:23 PM

From first impressions; Terry feels and hits like a heavy. All of his attacks hit hard and have lots of launch power behind them, though a lot of them are fairly slow. He himself is fairly slow and his recovery is pretty bad. He'd make a great glass cannon pick.

#112 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:42 PM

https://gonintendo.c...ter-5-in-a-35-m

The last character of the Fighter's Pass will be revealed Thursday, January 16th. The Livestream is scheduled for 9 A.M. Eastern/6 A.M. Pacific and will go for 35 minutes (It will be a reveal and in-depth look of the new character).

#113 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:39 AM

The Livestream Reveal of Fighter's Pass Character #5 just ended. Character #5 is....Oh no, Sakurai, you did it again....

Spoiler

Edited by KEM64, 16 January 2020 - 11:18 AM.

• Anthus and Shane like this

#114 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:02 AM

I'm just glad they keep adding characters, honestly. I'm not thrilled about another FE character either, but at the same time this game is so crazy with its level of content, I can't really complain.

• Adem likes this

#115 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:25 PM

Nintendo had a Nintendo Direct Mini today, and 1 of the things announced in the Direct Mini was the announcement of the first character of Fighters Pass Vol. 2.

Well, they didn't reveal who the character is, but they did reveal that the character is from ARMS. The reveal of which ARMS character it is and their release will happen in June.

Edited by KEM64, 26 March 2020 - 10:29 PM.

#116 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:09 AM

I'm less baffled that an Arms character happened to begin with, and more baffled that it took this long.

I know they probably couldn't have put it in the base game, but Arms is nearing 3 years old now. It's relevance has come and gone.

I almost wonder if the addition is just to revitalize interest in the series, should they want to do more with it in the future.

#117 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:52 PM

please don't be Spring Man

#118 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 June 2020 - 10:27 AM

At long last, a livestream of the ARMS fighter just happened. The ARMS fighter that is joining Smash is....

Spoiler

Mii Costumes: Ninjara (from ARMS), Heihachi (from Tekken), Callie (from Splatoon), Marie (from Splatoon), and the surprise 5th Mii Costume this time is....

Spoiler

The new ARMS fighter and the new Mii Costumes will arrive next Monday, June 29th.

Also, Joker is getting an amiibo that comes out this fall. Hero (the default one or "Eleven" as he is called) is getting one too.

One last thing: They're also adding a "Rematch" option for spirit battles. You can access it from the Spirit List. This rematch option adds a high score feature.

Edited by KEM64, 22 June 2020 - 10:38 AM.

#119 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:45 AM

A Character Trailer for DLC Character #7 was just revealed. Character #7 is....uh, oh. This reveal will likely not end well for the internet or Twitter (Twitter actually crashed right after this character was revealed).

Spoiler

How did this become a character instead of a Mii Costume?

In-depth presentation is on Saturday, October 3rd.

Edited by KEM64, 01 October 2020 - 12:56 PM.

#120 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:05 AM

A Character Trailer for DLC Character #7 was just revealed. Character #7 is....uh, oh. This reveal will likely not end well for the internet or Twitter.

Spoiler

How did this become a character instead of a Mii Costume?

In-depth presentation is on Saturday, October 3rd.

I recognize that a lot of people have been asking for this, that this character has ranked high in several internet polls, and what not.

... But WHY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users