Photo

Requiem for Hyrule

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#346 BlueGlass

BlueGlass

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:48 PM

That was it, thanks!  I thought I had whistled everywhere, but apparently not.

#347 BlueGlass

BlueGlass

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:59 PM

Stuck again, in a similar situation, only this time it's level 5.

I can go down five rooms from the entrance, but everything leftwards is blocked by either a key I can't find, or shutters I can't figure out how to open.  I think I need to bomb something, because the one room gave me bombs, but I'm pretty sure I've tried every wall and reachable statue multiple times.

EDIT:  Never mind, found it.  I could've sworn burning that was one of the first things i tried, but I guess not.

Edited by BlueGlass, 21 November 2018 - 10:08 PM.

#348 BlueGlass

BlueGlass

• Members

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:21 AM

I'm on level 7 now, missing a small key.  I've found 3 so far: the one in the southwest room where I can hear the boss, the one inside the wall south of the exit from the Dodongo stairs, and the one west of the Hookshot.  A hint would be much appreciated.

EDIT:  So I left level 7, went to 8, got the hammer -> flippers -> magic key, but I'd still like to find that key for completeness's sake.

EDIT 2:  The key.. was behind the door I needed it for?  Was that intentional?

Edited by BlueGlass, 22 November 2018 - 09:22 AM.

#349 BlueGlass

BlueGlass

• Members

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:16 AM

Is this the room leading to the level 8 boss?

zelda001.png

If so, what do I need to do?  If not, what room do I need?

#350 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:54 AM

Yes.

Try the hookshot on one of the wall figures.

As far as the lost key, you may have missed a walk thru wall on the other side of a south pit.

Edited by Rocksfan13, 26 November 2018 - 10:09 AM.

#351 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:49 PM

I assume I need the boss key to open the big chest in Level 5?   If so could I get a hint as to where it is?   I have the map, compass and blue boomerang but not the other item nor the boss key. 

#352 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:51 AM

Correct.

Look for a walkthru wall were Aquamentus was. The key is in the room north of here.

#353 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:40 PM

First, I need a hint as to where the magic sword is found.   I have 12 hearts but haven't found it.  

Second, is there a way to break pots other than the sword?   Because I left level 4, now I have slash, and I can't figure out a way to destroy just the brown pot but leave both the grey ones above and below it intact, and I need both grey pots to cover the switches and open the door.   Otherwise I have no way to defeat Level 4 and complete the triforce.  I've beaten 5 and 6, did a lot of 7 and 8, but forgot to ever finish 4.   

Edit:  Looking through the thread a little more carefully I found the magic sword.   Not sure why I didn't try that.   And after about 20 tries of standing in slightly different spots and contorting myself all sorts of ways I finally managed to slash all the brown pots while leaving the grey ones.  REALLY hard to do with slash enabled, but I finally managed.   Levels 1-6 are all conquered, 7 and 8 left to go.   I have just about everything except the L9 items, including the magic key.   I got the red tunic before the boots by taking damage and using potions.   A pain but totally possible.  

Edited by SofaKing, 05 December 2018 - 01:27 AM.

#354 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:09 PM

Yea, didn't expect anyone to have to go back to level 4 after getting slash.

I am glad you are having a good time with this quest.

#355 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:43 PM

Is the room housing the Level 8 boss key accessed from the room in the southwest-most corner?  Otherwise I haven't found any use for that room.   I figured out how to access the boss door but I don't seem to have the boss key.  

#356 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:22 AM

The path is in the Buy more Bombs room.

Hidden walk thru wall at the torch.

#357 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

Level 8 is down, just have to finish 7.   Kind of baffled by my inability to find the book, but not asking for a hint just yet.   I'd like to try to finish one of these levels without having to ask for help or look through this thread 10 times.  We'll see if it happens. 

Edit:  Level 7 is down.  Pretty much figured it out on my own.  I like this game a lot, although in all candor, the "trial and error" aspect of using every inventory item on every statue and pushing every inch of wall until something finally works gets a little old.  I don't like things handed to me either but sometimes a little more direction on what might work would be nice.  

Edit 2:   Beat the quest.   Enjoyed it, although my main criticism is as set forth above.   I like puzzles but I wish they were a little more intuitive and a little less "try everything possible until something works."  But I understand this was by design and to that extent you pulled off exactly what you were going for.   It's a fun, well-designed quest.   

Edited by SofaKing, 09 December 2018 - 11:11 PM.

#358 angeal

angeal

• Members

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:10 AM

Mennnnnn... i burn all the tree that are accesible and dont find the first sword ...someone can help ?

#359 Zeldagamer2020

Zeldagamer2020

Zeldagamer

• Members

Posted 28 March 2023 - 03:47 PM

Can someone help me with level 4 on getting keys?

#360 Jimbo_uk31

Jimbo_uk31

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 01 April 2023 - 05:19 AM

Where is the flute please. I am stuck In level 2

Mennnnnn... i burn all the tree that are accesible and dont find the first sword ...someone can help ?

1 screen right of start. It's one of the top trees

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users