Traps moving through walls

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

average everyday normal guy

• Members

Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:08 PM

Hate to spam the thread with requests but this issue has been vexing me for awhile and ive been trying to figure it out on my own to no avail.
For some reason when i check traps move across the room on the rule page the traps seem to move through obstacles and walls alltogether ultil they hit the edge of the screen. Ive tried getting around this by putting things infront of them and putting no enemie flags but i dont think those work on them since they themselves are flags. Also checked to see if there were rules i could check on the dmaps but thats not a thing. I feel like im missing something obvious but i dont know where exactly to look. I appreciate any and all help.
This is 2.53 version.

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:04 AM

In Quest > Rules > Enemies there's a quest rule "Constant traps can pass through enemies." I have it unchecked in my quest and it seems to have done the trick. Just to check, is that unchecked for you?

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:57 AM

I believe this is tied to the Multi-Directional Traps quest rule. Weird name considering what it does, but yeah. 

• ShadowTiger and ChrisHunter64 like this

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:36 AM

More like Multi-Dimensional! iIW9cTf.png

... ... I'll see myself out.

• ChrisHunter64 likes this

#5 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

average everyday normal guy

• Members

Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

Yeah i havent checked the pass through enemies rule cause i think that idea is pretty cool and could be used in puzzles in some way. I knew i missed something. Yeah that rules name is kinda misleading. What does it even do as a whole? Does it just let traps go through walls or does it enable 4way traps or something?
Id say they are in another dimention! You see them on the otherside of the room blocked by walls and youre like oh yeah im safe here thats fine. Next thing you know you see 4 spike traps hurtling twords you through everything.

#6 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:59 PM

Traps have usually been a "fiddle with the quest rules until they work properly" affair for me, but here's what the wiki says about this:

Multi-Directional Traps

Center traps may now strike in other directions, not just toward the center of the screenNOTE: With this rule turned off, all line-of-sight traps will ignore walkability regardless of the screen flag 'Traps Ignore Walkability'.

No enemy flags definitely won't work on them. The non-traditional enemies usually ignore these.

Edited by Jamian, 19 November 2019 - 05:00 PM.

• ChrisHunter64 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users