tileset

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#196 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:49 AM

That all sounds really great. Just want to say that I would prefer your update as a separate loose tiles package, makes it easier for the ones that work with the firebird tileset for some time already. While I personally didn't manage to do too much, I edited tiles here and there and especially recolored a lot of stuff based on changes in the palette-structure. And I think Feenicks and Orithan are very far with their projects and might also benefit more from loose tiles.

#197 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:42 AM

I see your point but I don't think that should stop us from compiling another update if Supindahood is up for it. Mainly because we would - like we've already done with Firebird - release the graphics as standalone images with the tileset, meaning those of you who have started work and don't want to do the update that way, you could still grab the tiles like you're suggesting.

That said if you've changed things like palette structures and stuff you're gonna have to be doing some recoloring regardless. Couldn't hurt to compile a more complete version of the tileset for those who haven't actually started using it though. :P

Edit: But just to be clear, no matter what ends up happening with Firebird, we will release all the assets for our quest when it is done (the graphics that is, I don't think we need to wait until the game itself is done, though those two might happen more or less around the same time anyway given the way I work so we'll see what happens). I hope to include all music, scripts and so on in such a package but I will leave that up to the people who end up authoring those things.

Edit 2: I went ahead and submitted the temple of time tiles I mentioned earlier. It's up now: http://www.purezc.ne...e=tiles&id=1512

Edited by Migokalle, 22 April 2017 - 05:25 PM.

• Reflectionist, Avaro, Jared and 1 other like this

#198 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:34 AM

xBAm38E.png
4z381bU.png

Digdoggers and Manhandlas, totally not just thrown into easily-accessible screens.

Will do the 8 head manhandla before throwing the graphics for them into my thread, though.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Shane, Eddy and 4 others like this

#199 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

Hey, guys, sorry if I'm necroposting. Just curious about any updates. Actually... I don't suppose anyone might have an animated version of the water tiles on tile pg. 52. Starting at #13520, but with the same alignment. (I see the ones in the extras folder, I just really need these specific tiles for space. I honestly wouldn't ask except that I literally just spent twelve hours trying to animate them with nothing to show for it. :-/

Also...how do you change a certain color in a palette? I love the default overworld palette, but that water deserves better than the disinterested slate look.
  • Lightwulf likes this

#200 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:40 PM

Is it possible to get an updated tileset update with all these tiles? I know Jonathan isn't around anymore, but it's possible someone else could do it. I dunno.

Edited by Jared, 27 February 2019 - 08:12 PM.

#201 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:32 PM

Is it possible to get an updated tileset update with all these tiles? I know Jonathan isn't around anymore, but it's possible someone else could do it. I dunno.

Well, if anyone feels like doing the work, I'll ask Jonathan to update the submission.

#202 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:54 PM

Feenicks, are you going to add your sprites to Firebird the tileset?

xBAm38E.png
4z381bU.png

Digdoggers and Manhandlas, totally not just thrown into easily-accessible screens.

Will do the 8 head manhandla before throwing the graphics for them into my thread, though.

#203 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

Well, if anyone feels like doing the work, I'll ask Jonathan to update the submission.

But Jonathan has a lot of tiles that still need to be put into the set!

#204 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:59 AM

But Jonathan has a lot of tiles that still need to be put into the set!

Yeah, and he's not going to do that work. Nor do I think any of the other people involved will do that, including myself. I was just saying that if someone did put a file together and it wasn't an even bigger mess than it already is, then we can get the database entry updated, as I'm still talking to Supindahood from time to time.

Anyone who does so would get their name on it too of course, like the rest of us, but I think we should keep it to a single submission of Firebird in the tileset database - I personally don't like the idea of people submitting their own versions, anyway. Mainly because it's better to have it all in one place, and... well, since a lot of the people involved aren't even around anymore to have their say, I think it'd be respectful to do it that way.

Edit: if any madlads decides to take on this job though, make sure to note down the names of the people whose graphics you grab, we will need to credit those too of course.

Edited by Migokalle, 01 March 2019 - 07:00 AM.

• Shane and Sheik like this

#205 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, and he's not going to do that work. Nor do I think any of the other people involved will do that, including myself. I was just saying that if someone did put a file together and it wasn't an even bigger mess than it already is, then we can get the database entry updated, as I'm still talking to Supindahood from time to time.

Anyone who does so would get their name on it too of course, like the rest of us, but I think we should keep it to a single submission of Firebird in the tileset database - I personally don't like the idea of people submitting their own versions, anyway. Mainly because it's better to have it all in one place, and... well, since a lot of the people involved aren't even around anymore to have their say, I think it'd be respectful to do it that way.

Edit: if any madlads decides to take on this job though, make sure to note down the names of the people whose graphics you grab, we will need to credit those too of course.

If you can get me the tiles that need to be included from Supindahood, then I can compile it. :) I also plan on adding Orithan's work, and the tiles from the extras folder in the original download file.

• Shane likes this

#206 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:09 PM

If you can get me the tiles that need to be included from Supindahood, then I can compile it. :) I also plan on adding Orithan's work, and the tiles from the extras folder in the original download file.

I don't know what tiles you're talking about that haven't already been released. It's all out there somewhere.

#207 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I started an "official" update to the Firebird tileset. It's coming a long way. I currently have a list of things we still need. I will gladly take any tiles for the tileset as long as they're in the style of Firebird. 

Enemies needed:

Aquamentus
Boulder
Dodongo
Ganon
Rock
Wallmaster (Kind of?)

Tiles needed:

NPCs:

Regular

Guards 

More children/babies

Gorons

Zoras

Animals

Any others

Any indoor and outdoor palettes

It's getting very close to completion, and I can't wait to get it out there for everyone to use! I have made some tiles myself, as well as edited many to expand the use of the tileset!

If you can contribute, it'd be much appreciated! Thank you! 

Edited by Jared, 14 August 2019 - 08:23 PM.

• Shane, Sheik, Jenny and 3 others like this

#208 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:20 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking to start back up on this again. Still need the tiles listed above, if anyone wants to try making them! :)

• ShadowTiger, Shane and Matthew like this

#209 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:20 AM

tV0SqjJ.png

n4hZNRV.png

XpuMcOs.png

w1UNfGD.png

yku5pbn.png

Drawn up everything but Ganon. I'll clean up some stuff that looks wonky in action before throwing it into my thread.

• ShadowTiger, Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Adem and 8 others like this

#210 Great Glass

Great Glass

• Members

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:34 AM

May I suggest adding additional Link sprites for scripts like the Power Bracelet? That'd be cool.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tileset

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users