Saffith Armos + Item

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pineconn

Pineconn

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

Well this is weird. I noticed that I can't allow for an item to be spawned by an Armos combo when using Saffith's LttP Armos enemy. I thought I was losing my mind since I knew that I set it up correctly. I switched the exclusive "spawned by Armos combo type" enemy back to the regular built-in Armos, and it works correctly.

So, what's the deal with this? What does the engine check for when deciding to load the special item? Is it enemy 37 (default Armos), or any enemy with the Armos animation type and/or Armos walk style?

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

EDIT: Oh, hi. Just saw that there's a comment about this on the script's database entry. Looks like it's a quasi-bug with the script.

EDIT2: Looks like the script in that comment fixed it. Thread no longer necessary!

Edited by Pineconn, 18 January 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#2 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:32 PM

Oh, right. The item is normally placed at the same time the combo changes, but the script handles the combo change itself to work around a bit of weirdness. I should probably add in that flag check.

#3 Pineconn

Pineconn

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:43 AM

I appreciate both your script-writing and your ubiquity on the forums! Hell, I rarely ever use Armos statues, let alone put an item under one. Just when you think a script you wrote is perfect, you find another case that makes you (me) weep.

I wouldn't even use Armos statues if it weren't for your script. The hopping makes them so much more interesting.

#4 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:52 AM

Oh, right. The item is normally placed at the same time the combo changes, but the script handles the combo change itself to work around a bit of weirdness. I should probably add in that flag check.

They don't seem to obey having stairs under them either.

#5 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

Hm... Scripts don't have access to stair or secret data, so that's going to have to work differently.
How about this? Use a combo with an inherent flag of ARMOS_NEXT_FLAG, and it will change to the next combo instead of the undercombo. Basically, it makes it an Armos->Next combo.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users