Photo

Screenshot of the Week 508

Demonlink Hergiswi ywkls Dwarlen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 508 (70 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

Hergiswi: Simple.  Classic.  Unplayable.  That's unfortunate.  But it was funny, so kudos.

ywkls: my pick for the week.  I love the dichotomy of red v. blue / fire v. water.  I also think the subscreen is elegant and nice to look at.  I imagine that water rushing in and cooling the lava, making the area walkable at some point.  Clever!

Dwarlen: I've never been a huge fan of the tileset (the 'vertical' beams throw the perspective out of whack), but you play it out well.  The subscreen is also enticing. Re-using the window dressing as overhang is nice, and it works because of the distorted perspective. Well done!

Demonlink: never been a fan of GBZelda-style graphics.  The screen is well put-together, offering a wide-variety of visual appeal.  The Tetris block borders seem like unwalkable barriers when in the center of the room (to me).  The lack of transition between the river(?) and shore screams for attention (next to the flower at the top center, and again at the bendy top of the mountain in the lower section).  Not really your fault- it's a design flaw.

• Demonlink and ywkls like this

#17 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

ywkls: my pick for the week.  I love the dichotomy of red v. blue / fire v. water.  I also think the subscreen is elegant and nice to look at.  I imagine that water rushing in and cooling the lava, making the area walkable at some point.  Clever!

That's that plan, certainly. In fact, once you go down those stairs it leads to a path that takes you to a puzzle on the screen above that releases some more water there and transforms this screen too. Afterwards, you can swim across both screens to that door and discover what's inside.

#18 Dwarlen

Dwarlen

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:15 AM

Thanks everyone for the critique!

Dwarlen
Nice curtain details, though I'd think the ripples would pass more from ceiling to floor than they would across the width of the curtains.

They probably would, but I have a hard time drawing them that way, though I might give it another stab in the future :).

Dwarlen - This looks really cool! I'll admit though, the room seems a bit empty, probably some statues or pots would help, but besides that, it's a really good effort.

Hmm, might help, but the room has to be very open, as it's a sword dueling room :).

Dwarlen: I've never been a huge fan of the tileset (the 'vertical' beams throw the perspective out of whack), but you play it out well.  The subscreen is also enticing. Re-using the window dressing as overhang is nice, and it works because of the distorted perspective. Well done!

Thanks for the kind words. Kinda funny though, I actually reused the overhang as a window dressing, rather then the other way around :D.

Okay, my thoughts:

Hergiswi:

No, just no. Why did you go there?

ywkls:

This looks like a cool area to play in, however, as a screen, I feel it suffers from blockyness. What I mean is that like, all the walls are striaght edges and the corners are all sharp, 90 degree turns. Also, Link's walking space, the lava, and the water are all basically just rectangles. If you could mix it up a little bit I think it would look great! Otherwise, cool shot :D.

Demonlink:

This shot looks really good. It borders on the edge of to much on one screen in my opinion, but it doesn't actually have to much so it's cool :).

• Eddy likes this

#19 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:20 AM

Hmm, might help, but the room has to be very open, as it's a sword dueling room :).

Fair enough, just a random idea I had lol

• Dwarlen likes this

#20 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

In before it closes...

Hergiswi - Holy banana bread!

ywkls - Love the graphics, but I feel as if the design of the screen sells itself short.  Too much emphasis on right angles, pretty much.  I think there is a lot more potential for this concept.

Dwarlen - I like the general design and what you have done with it so far, but I also see it as having potential for more, as if you could dress it up with something.  It would be nice to see what can compliment what is already in the screen, such as furniture, area rugs, or something that can go on a wall if possible.  It all depends on what it's suppose to be.  But so far so good.

Demonlink - A very pleasant screen with many things going on and great attention to detail, especially on the ground.  It makes me curious what the same area looks like in the other seasons.  My favorite for this week.

• Demonlink likes this

#21 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:30 AM

With 70.00% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 508 is Demonlink!

Demonlink.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Hergiswi (11 votes [18.33%])

- ywkls (4 votes [6.67%])
- Dwarlen (3 votes [5.00%])
- Demonlink (42 votes [70.00%])

• David likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demonlink, Hergiswi, ywkls, Dwarlen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users