Danielle Bregoli gets hacked.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#31 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

I've never heard of this person, but from what I could find it seems like she's "notorious" at best. It sounds like she's got some real problems she needs to work through, and all the attention of the show and the internet probably isn't helping. And ... neither is having her Instagram hacked. ;)

I guess I've never found much amusement in schadenfreude, so it's hard for me to understand taking such delight in the suffering of someone who you don't know, who doesn't impact you. I've also long found it interesting how our society holds the most intense hatred for kids who are "disrespectful" or "entitled" or in some other way considered disrespectful, a brat, spoiled, whatever. We see these videos of harsh parents "teaching them a lesson" and side with them even when what they're doing borders on abuse, and the public shaming by posting their punishments online could be traumatic long-term and serves only to glorify the parent. Our society takes a special delight in bad kids getting their comeuppance, which has always seemed weird to me since they're still learning and developing and some of these "justified" punishments could prove more damaging than anything in the long term.

I went on a bit of a tangent there, but what I'm getting at is ... This person's a horribly disrespectful, disturbed and rebellious teenage child. Teenagers say and do all sorts of stupid things, and many of them eventually grow out of it. The only thing that makes this different is the public spotlight, and it's entirely possible that in itself is contributing to her acting out more. It's hard for me to summon the level of rage or spite that some people seem to hold for her.

• Nathaniel, Anthus, Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder and 3 others like this

#32 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

At this point I can't imagine she really has many more problems to work out, and I'd argue that they were for the most part by the time she was on Dr. Phil - I can't imagine how stupid and blissfully unaware you'd have to be to be on Dr. Phil without having at least worked some of your problems out elsewhere.  It's trash TV, they get people that can over dramatize their issues to the point of absurdity to come on the show for buzz/ratings.

Right now she's just a character with a marketable catchphrase and they're just trying to squeeze every dime out of it as possible before they can't anymore.  You gotta keep in mind she's 13(?) so her mom is definitely giving the thumbs up on this whole thing, including going on national TV for money and publicizing this whole thing the first place.  Even if she's disrespectful/disturbed/rebellious she's doing a damn good job at it, and she'll grow out of it eventually (only being 13 and all).

Good for her sticking up for herself to be treated like a human being and making the most out of her situation.  I really support rebellious teenagers because most of the time they're just trying to be treated like human beings. Sucks when they're treated even worse because god forbid anybody Disrespect An Old Person © and it leads to more damaging punishments/abuse.

+ fuck teenagers though

++ is this post even coherent i just wrote some things down as i'm sitting here waiting to dry off after a shower

+++ i have towels on but i'm too lazy to move them around to absorb any water

• Neppy, Nathaniel, Anthus and 4 others like this

#33 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

She needs to go to school is what she needs
  • Deedee likes this

#34 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

So uh, turns out it was a publicity stunt? :P

#35 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

Yep. She faked her hack all for a music video. That bitch made my cousin cry after she revealed her hack was fake. You don't do that to people. That's just messed up. You just don't fake your hack and reveal it as a fake over a music video. She wasn't the only one who planned this, her and worldstar also someone named glassface came up with this idea. That's just messed up. Her reputation is going down very fast. PS the video was basically saying "stop sending me hate you damn meme accounts" well some of it, because the meme community on Instagram is giving a lot of bullshit to her every day. I thought 2016 was the worse year, now 2017 is the worst one yet. A lot of people have faked their hack, mostly for attention ((they get more attention if they fake their death, which my friend Carson did one time)) If she keeps up doing this to people, there's gonna be a huge riot in Florida ((the state she lives in)) and they might kick her out of being a celebrity and force her to go to school back in the 8th grade. I feel bad for her friends at school, she doesn't even talk to them anymore, because "they aren't famous" that's screwed up. By at the age 20 she won't go to college or high school, and will be living in the streets very soon. She needs to quit being a celebrity, and go back to a human being. Not some brat who wants everything who said one stupid sentence that made her famous.

Edited by Item, 10 March 2017 - 10:15 AM.

#36 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:40 AM

Did she die yet? No? Put me back in cryo-sleep.

#37 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

No, she is still alive.

#38 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:10 AM

Yep. She faked her hack all for a music video. That bitch made my cousin cry after she revealed her hack was fake. You don't do that to people. That's just messed up. You just don't fake your hack and reveal it as a fake over a music video. She wasn't the only one who planned this, her and worldstar also someone named glassface came up with this idea. That's just messed up. Her reputation is going down very fast. PS the video was basically saying "stop sending me hate you damn meme accounts" well some of it, because the meme community on Instagram is giving a lot of bullshit to her every day. I thought 2016 was the worse year, now 2017 is the worst one yet. A lot of people have faked their hack, mostly for attention ((they get more attention if they fake their death, which my friend Carson did one time)) If she keeps up doing this to people, there's gonna be a huge riot in Florida ((the state she lives in)) and they might kick her out of being a celebrity and force her to go to school back in the 8th grade. I feel bad for her friends at school, she doesn't even talk to them anymore, because "they aren't famous" that's screwed up. By at the age 20 she won't go to college or high school, and will be living in the streets very soon. She needs to quit being a celebrity, and go back to a human being. Not some brat who wants everything who said one stupid sentence that made her famous.

First off, there's not going to be any riots because of this person. Secondly, being a celebrity is not about being in some secret club. You can't be 'kicked out'. You're a celebrity when you're a well-known person who is being celebrated by the public. That is not what is happening here. Like I said before, this person is not a celebrity. She's perhaps famous, but she is not being celebrated. There's an important difference!

To be perfectly honest, what worries me the most about this situation is how much you seemingly care about this, and how it seems to be affecting you. This person is not important, and nobody thinks that she is. The only reason she's even known to some is because people like you keep telling others about her. If you really wanted people and yourself to forget about this person you would stop talking about her and move on. Like I tried to get at before, none of this matters, and I don't see why you feel like this deserves so much of your attention.

Sitting here and spouting bullshit about this shit spawning riots and stuff, that's you taking this to a point which doesn't even relate to reality anymore. Also I'm pretty damn sure we've had far, faaaar worse years than 2016 and 2017. Let me just remind you that we no longer live in a time where people are going around hoping that once the day comes, they'll die by getting their head chopped off because the alternative is worse. Chew on that for a moment, because while I'm saying that to make a silly point, it is still very much a real thing people worried about. So while Trump and Danielle Bregoli might not be the best examples of human life, I think we can all relax just a little bit, because things aren't that bad, and 2017 is very likely not to be humanity's worst year yet. :P

Edited by Migokalle, 10 March 2017 - 12:47 PM.

• Nathaniel, Anthus, strike and 5 others like this

#39 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

I understand now. Thank you Migo. Also can some mod or anyone like lock this topic? It would be very nice.

#40 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

That bitch made my cousin cry after she revealed her hack was fake. 

...what?

#41 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

You don't just fake your hack for over a music video. That makes some people cry.

#42 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:20 PM

Honestly this girl is so inconsequential I'm surprised that a Zelda forum has a 3 page thread about this.
  • Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#43 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

Yep, you are very correct on that.

#44 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

To be fair, pop culture discussion isn't a dead thing; 3 pages isn't much. Making stupid people famous isn't a good thing, though. We could pander on more about how she is trash but we're just forgoing a discussion about her.

Imagine a discussion about taking out the daily trash.

#45 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

Taking out the trash topic example:

"I threw some food and napkins away in the trash. I put my garbage in a trash bag. I walked outside. I put the trash bag with my trash in my trash can in my front yard. The grabage truck came. It took my trash. My trash on gone. The end. " Yea that wouldn't be so good to read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users