• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:39 AM

Obligatory meme:

THATS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Return to reality:

All that to see Ganon Purple? Pfft.
  • Demonlink likes this

#17 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:49 AM

The sad part is the seller has a guarantee that if the last boss isn't purple, given the buyer 2 weeks to beat the game to confirm it, refunding the entire money + $5,000. Well...the buyer could just, y'know swap cartridges and say it's a dud....

Edited by SwordOfSeals, 11 March 2010 - 12:49 AM.

• Demonlink likes this

#18 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:27 AM

Didn't I have a conversation with someone about the retardedness of this sort of thing? Oh wait no it wasn't on this board. icon_mad.gif well now you know

#19 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:56 AM

Surely $10,000 would be enough incentive to invest the time into learning how to open up the cartridge and editing one piece of hex data to change, say, Link's tunic to magenta?
I doubt it would be that difficult if you had the right tools.

#20 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:11 AM

Of course it wouldn't.

If you got a bunch of gold carts, try and see how to edit the game data. If you're lucky, and you have enough money, you can fully replicate the error and make millions.

#21 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

What. The. *insert derogatory term here*

Wonder how a purple Ganon looks like...still, paying $10k to find out is a bit too rich for my blood O_O

#22 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

IPB Image

Now gimme 10,000 dollars! NOW!

But seriously, 10,000 dollars? For an NES game? With a minor defect? Crazy. So many better things can be done with that kind of money...

#23 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:41 PM

Probably some silly boy who won the lottery and was all, "Now what? Gold Zelda cartridge with purple Ganon? Sure!" Or not. So silly.

I wouldn't pay $60 for a game, let alone TEN THOUSAND.

#24 catfriedrice

catfriedrice

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

actually it's suppose to look like this:

IPB Image

I wonder how much Zelda 2 will fetch for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item1e5ac47119

$30,100 currently

#25 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

That's weird... O_o

But when I check the item, it tells me it's not there anymore.

#26 lightdestroyer

lightdestroyer

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

I...don't understand what's the point. I mean, I had two gold Zelda cartridge and a gold Zelda 2 cartridge. Imagine the money I would have if I decided to sell them on Ebay ? Jesus...it's easy to change the palette. Oh, just so you know, Joe123, it's not possible to change the data by cracking open the cartridge. You would need to extract the data and re-insert it some way or another.

#27 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

Ok...I'm going to clear something up. In cases like this, you would NOT be able to fake it. This dude got it appraised by 3 different (I'm guessing) trustworthy appraisers, a fake couldn't get past this process. Probably some serial number matchup thing going on or something. This dude is just extremely lucky, in a way 99.99999999999999999999999999% of people who ever owned this game weren't.

#28 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

I've got both as well, but I wouldn't sell them, honestly. The idea of selling them for a ridiculous price to someone would make me feel bad... >_>

I don't think Joe123 literally meant to crack the cart open, but in a more techy kind of way. (Like one would 'crack' a code or something)

#29 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

I think it's most likely that the winning bid was a fake, whether or not the whole auction was, who knows.

#30 lightdestroyer

lightdestroyer

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Mar 11 2010, 04:15 PM) View Post

Ok...I'm going to clear something up. In cases like this, you would NOT be able to fake it. This dude got it appraised by 3 different (I'm guessing) trustworthy appraisers, a fake couldn't get past this process. Probably some serial number matchup thing going on or something. This dude is just extremely lucky, in a way 99.99999999999999999999999999% of people who ever owned this game weren't.

I still wouldn't pay 10,000 dollars for a game, with ONE FREAKING DIFFERENT FEATURE ! Ganon is purple, so what ? It's not like the game is completely different. I have the Musashi Blade Fencer/Final Fantasy 9 Collector Edition and the higher price I could get is 60 dollars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users