Can little tiny spider even hurt you.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:37 AM

Earlier there was one in front of my computer screen. I haven't seen it again. At least not yet. It's about as small as a piece of dandruff in your hair.

#2 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:28 AM

icon_confused.gif
Err, well, depends on if it's poisonous, because otherwise it's more likely to hide away from you, building webs or something.

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:32 AM

Actually, all spiders are poisonous. Most doesn't have strong enough "teeth" to actually break through your skin, but there are some that's not dangerous at all.

Here in Norway, we have ONE dangerous spider as far as I know... and believe it or not, the smaller he spider is, the more dangerous it is. Of course, I'm sure there are exceptions, but "The Black Widow" is really small, and it's dangerous as hell... it can actually kill you.

It's black, obviously, and for some reason I get the feeling that it has lost its husband somehow... OH, wait... that's right, right after she had herself with him, she decided to eat him. Yeah...

No, but really, I've been bitten by a rather large spider myself... it was poisonous, but not enough to bring down a human. I did however feel it, as the spider was rather big compared to normal Norwegian spiders. I could SEE him dig into my skin. A small drop of blood swooped out too, and it was really gross. And yes, it hurts. I still have the scar, actually. (Nope, even though it WAS on the hand, I did not wake up with uber-cool spider powers icon_frown.gif )

All in all, yes, little tiny spider can hurt you... in fact, it can even kill you. But spiders are rather nice guys. They won't attack you if you don't threaten them or keep them in a cage for a longer period of time. (My spider attacked back icon_frown.gif )

Just leave them alone, and they will probably leave you alone too...

(Not all spiders are totally friggin scary by the way icon_wink.gif )

#4 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:50 AM

Thanks for scaring the heck out of me with that black widow spider sentence migo.

Now I'm going to have to sleep with one eye open =/

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:06 AM

The Daddy Longlegs is one of the most poisonous spiders you'll likely ever see. Its teeth are too ineffective to break the skin though.

#6 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE(Christian @ Jul 29 2009, 11:50 AM) View Post
Thanks for scaring the heck out of me with that black widow spider sentence migo.

Now I'm going to have to sleep with one eye open =/
Oh right, please don't do that. You see, if a spider crawls over your eye, and the small hairs on the bottom touches the eyeball, you are going to go blind. As far as I know, this regards ALL spiders. Seriously, it happened to a friend of mine. You see, the small hairs are just so small and razor sharp, that they'll permanently scratch up your eye. Ouch!

Hehe. Spiders are pretty amazing critters, but I sure as hell don't like em icon_razz.gif Luckily, Norway doesn't have that many dangerous ones.

#7 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

The brown recluse is pretty small but extremely dangerous. We found a carcass in my room once, but never a live one.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:13 AM

Blakedrake, if you live in the US (which I'm pretty sure you do), there are only two spiders you have to worry about; the Black Widow and the Brown Recluse. So to answer your question, no, that spider is probably harmless.

We found a carcass in my room once, but never a live one.

Hate to tell you, but that was most likely a molted exoskeleton, not a carcass, which means there's probably a bigger one somewhere in your house.

#9 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:22 AM

*shrug*, that's what hospitals are for.

#10 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Jul 29 2009, 03:22 PM) View Post
Oh, don't you worry... there's about 40 million spiders of every common species in your house. And that is a fact, believe it or not. At least that's how it is in Norway. About 99% of them can't cause you any harm though, and most is way to small for you to see without special equipment.

It IS a hefty large number though... and to figure out the total amount of spiders in your house, multiply 40 million with the number of "common" spiders in your area. In my area, we have about 20 "common" ones... one called "House-spider", as it's the most common one to find in ones house. That's the kind that bit me... it's not dangerous enough though. I'm sure you've seen one before. It's big, probably the size of your thumb, (without legs) and it's black and creepy. Really ugly sonnova mother.

Oh well, I'm starting to sound like a bug frea-- err, to quote Peter Parker "Not bug... ARACHNID!!"

xD

#11 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Jul 29 2009, 11:22 AM) View Post

So you're saying that you wouldn't care that a brown recluse bites you because there are hospitals?
Dude, if i was you, i will call the pest control center to have that house checked as soon as possible.

I hate spiders so much. They give me the creeps. I guess i have to be more careful since my room is close to the attic =( but at least i havn't seen a spider in my house.....yet =/

#12 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

Because we found a brown recluse one time a few years ago in my room? Sorry I'll pass paying for a pest control. I'm covered by insurance, and brown recluse bites are only really harmful if you sit on it for some time. I'm not the least bit worried.

#13 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jul 29 2009, 08:06 AM) View Post

The Daddy Longlegs is one of the most poisonous spiders you'll likely ever see. Its teeth are too ineffective to break the skin though.

I remember seeing plenty of those crawl into the tents back when I used to camp in the summer. At first I was uncomfortable with them around, but after getting over them, there were times where I would pick them up by one leg and watch it move or struggle. If a leg fell off, it would still be moving for a few seconds. Amazing how that is possible. Yeah, I was a bit cruel then, and that last one probably would have creeped a few people out. As for spiders in general, I love them. They are harmless and eat the other insects that you don't want around. The only time I might jump the slightest at them is when they show up by surprise, but then it is all good.

#14 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jul 29 2009, 08:06 AM) View Post

Actually, Daddy Long Legs aren't actually spiders. If you count the legs, there are only 6. Spiders have 8, of course. However, they are indeed the deadliest of the bunch. If they could pierce your skin, I do believe their venom is enough to make you die either in 2 minutes or before you drop the ground, maybe both. O.o

#15 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:07 PM

It was too small to be a brown recluse cause I couldn't even see the pattern. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Blackdrake1, 29 July 2009 - 01:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users