using expandable lists for sorting zelda classic flags, properties and

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:13 PM

I had a suggestion where the zelda quest editor was revamped to use expandable lists to organize various flags, properties and arguments.

for example the combo type editor could benefit from something like this.

where one tab contains a list of scripted meta types and another tab contains a list of all the enabled metatype properties

enemy and item editors could use these as well to organize flags and things onto a single tab instead of having multiple tabs per 16 flags

the expandable part would just be there so users can expand slots in the list for example the enemy selector it could start with 256 entries but more could be added in case of large modules 

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:47 AM

There is really no way to wholly dynamically generate UI based on user data like that. The best that i could do, is provide a place to enter CSV lists, then a field to point to a CSV list to apply that as data in the editor. We have a CSV Lists hannel on the dev server, that you may want to read.

There are some types of things in the UI that you can regenerate, such as whether an interface widget is a text box, or a pulldown list, but that can't happen on one pane, IIRC. >> look at the Enemy Editior. It can change labels and widget properties, but only after you exit and reopen a dialogue. i might be able to force-refresh, but IDR. That has been bollocks before.

You certainly can't dynamically add elements. The only thing that I could do to simulate that, would be to add a huge number of dummy_proc elements to a dialogue panel, and have various user feedback change their type, position, and values; but the actual strings that they use, and the data that they assign would be a nightmare.

If you want to see how JWin / Allegro GUI works, look at zq_custom.cpp. It is a powerful interface, but it is old, and clumbsy for that sort of thing.

#3 Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:25 PM

@ZoriaRPG once I get zquest to compile I will take a look at it.

thankyou.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users